PDA

View Full Version : Voting Recommendations

FireofLiberty
04-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Obviously, we're all voting for Ron Paul for President, but what about the other races for other offices? Here's who I recommend voting for:

Senate: Dole will win regardless, but I voted for Pete Di Lauro because... well... why not? I like underdogs I guess.

Here's some information about the race:

http://www.salisburypost.com/Area/042108-us-senate-gop-primary--dole-

Governor: Bob Orr. Bob is by and large the closest to our beliefs of our all the candidates for Governor running. He's saying the right things about illegal immigration, understands and opposes the NAU and is a Constitutional kind of guy, although maybe not as hardcore as we are.

Regardless, there's no denying he's the best candidate in the race.

By the way, he also showed up and spoke at the Triangle Tea Party back in December so he certainly gets credit for that and for not being afraid to associate with Ron Paul rEVOLutionaries like ourselves.

Lt. Governor: Greg Dority. Greg is a friend and just an all around good guy. He's not with us 100% on everything, but he's with us where it counts. As Lt. Governor he'll focus solely on statewide domestic issues and has highlighted the size of government (setting a realistic goal of reducing it by at least 10%) and illegal immigration as the two issues he wants to focus on the most.

What really impressed me about Greg initially the first time I met him was that he brought up the 17th Amendment to me and a friend while we were talking to him and advocated its repeal.

Superintendent of Public Instruction: Eric H. Smith. He's one of us. Need I say more? ;)

Court of Appeals (you get to vote for two seats): 1. Dean R. Poirier. This guy talks about judicial restraint as opposed to judicial activism, judicial compassion as opposed to judicial arrogance, and the Constitution.

2. John M. Tyson. Like Poirier he talks about the Constitution and speaks out against judicial activism, or as he calls it "legislating from the bench." He's also without question the best choice for the seat.

By the way, both Poirier and Tyson are Republicans.

and finally...

4th District Congressional: B.J. LAWSON! :D

If you happen to be a Democrat and live in the 13th District I highly recommend voting for Derald Hafner in the 13th district Congressional primary. Tell your Democratic 13th district friends to do the same.

luke-gr
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I must say Im a bit behind on many of the state races. <Shame on me> I did hear Eric Smith speak at our district convention and he made an impression on me!