PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul going third party? Endorsing third party? They're in knots over this, folks.

wgadget
04-26-2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.newsandcurrents.com/blog/2008/04/ron-paul-hints-thirdparty-run-still-possible.html

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Interesting stuff. I still think a third party run is fairly unlikely at this point, but stranger things have happened. I think Ron Paul must go all the way to the convention regardless of what he is thinking. Of course, if he went third party after the GOP Convention, he'd be restricted to using existing ballot lines of various third parties like the Constitution and Libertarian parties. At least the option in both is likely to remain open to Ron Paul...sort of.

The probable nominees of both third parties--Chuck Baldwin (CP) and Bob Barr (LP)--are both allies of Ron Paul. I believe they would have no problem stepping aside, possibly into a Vice Presidential role, if he wanted to use ballot lines from these parties.

TruePatriot44
04-27-2008, 12:00 AM
If he can get a speaking spot at the national convention, he should announce it there. That would be awesome.

richardfortherepublic
04-27-2008, 05:31 AM
If Ron were to go third party, I wouldn't expect him to run as president, but as VP.

phixion
04-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Ron as a VP wouldn't cut it. It's Ron or bust. He oozes the good stuff and he's irreplacable by any of these so-called alternative candidates.

Ron is unique. He's a remarkable man. That's why he excels at winning large numbers over. No-one can hold a candle to Paul in character, warmth, integrity, everything good and wholesome.

I hope everyone understands this - it's Ron running for president or not at all.

Pete

wgadget
04-27-2008, 05:40 AM
How about a Chuck Baldwin/Ron Paul ticket? It may just attract people like Dobson and all the Huckabee fans that are threatening to sit it out.

Chuck Baldwin won the Constitution Party nomination.