PDA

View Full Version : My local GOP cheated me out of a delegate spot!

y2quest
04-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Fist Let me say that today for the first time in my life, I have truly seen corruption up close and have personally felt it's sting.

I applied to become a delegate here in Florida and I was told that there would be 3 delegates and 3 alternates chosen from each congressional district to go to the National convention, 6 in total.

ok, so I go to my so called congressional caucus to find out that the delegates are not voted on by the republican voters of the district but they are chosen by a selection committee, that is not a caucus but I still go on with the process.

I go into a room with up to 8 people who are sitting in front of me and staring at me as if it were a trail or a parole hearing and they ask me "why I want to be become a delegate?" so I give them them my little speech as to why, then they thank me and I leave the room.

Now I don't know how many people in my district applied to be delegates but only THREE OF US SHOWED UP TO GO BEFORE THE SELECTION COMMITTEE

now I'm thinking "there are only 3 delegate spots and 3 alternate spots and only 3 of us showed up, 2 ron paul people and and 1 mccain person, they have to pick us!" after they interviewed all 3 of us they deliberated for about 15 mins and after just 15 min. they came back with the names of the 3 delegates and 3 alternates.

I thought for sure me and buddy would be picked because no one else bothered to show up! but to my surprise they had picked people who were not even there!! WE WERE SHOCKED!! my Buddy Alex asked them? "how WE! who showed up not be chosen but those who stay home get chosen?" there answer was" Individuals who applied to become delegates didn't have to show up to the so called caucus" Our mouths dropped to the floor! we told them first why weren't we told that? we were told that if you wanted to be selected you had to show up, and 2nd how can someone who doesn't even bother showing up get preference over people who do!?

there attitude was just "Oh well, nothing we can do about it" we then told them how the entire process was a scam and that we were going to fight this and take it up with the state GOP, and left.

The whole thing is a set up guys, they had their delegates selected already , me and Alex didn't even mention Ron Paul's name or discuss any controversial topics like the FED, or the War we just stuck to the basic issues we have in common, low taxes and smaller Govt. This was like getting interviewed for a job but losing the job to someone who didn't even show up for the interview.

I now see first hand that the GOP is run by criminals at every level, from the local level all the way to the top! I am even more determined to take over the GOP now THEY ARE DOING DEVIOUS THINGS LIKE THIS ALL OVER THE NATION AND WE CANT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS! you guys cant be arm chair activist, we have to get more involved with our local GOPs and kick these neo-cons the hell out!! people say"why bother the system won't change" Well I say it will change if you stop bitching and CHANGE IT!

I am ashamed of the ron paul people here in my area there are almost 600 people between both S.

Florida meetup groups and maybe only about 25 of those people really bust their ass and sacrifice for the revolution and freedom! they scream about the revolution and change but in the end that's all they are a bunch of bitch ass cheer leaders who talk the talk but wont walk the walk!

wake up people!! don't wait for someone else to fight for change and to make a difference. FOR THERE TO BE REALLY RADICAL CHANGE WE NEED EVERYONE IN THIS MOVEMENT TO RISE UP AND START WALKING THE WALK! because we enough people who just talk the talk.

satchelmcqueen
04-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Sad! put a letter about it in your local paper. Im going to put one in mine this coming weeks letting everyone know Paul is still there and what he stands for.

Like ive always thought, party lines are just a way for them to divide and concour. it should be about the man, not the party. these election processes are a total rip to almost everyone who has voted.

austin4paul
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
This is how the rules work. But GOOD FOR YOU for showing up! It's annoying as hell to be around these folks but the only way we're going to change things is to eventually become the people sitting on the other side of the table, i.e. the ones who are MAKING the decisions. So -- KEEP SHOWING UP. And get your friends to do the same.

Crickett
04-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Look, these are real people. They do not like to be bullied, yelled at, coerced or confronted. I would call them and tell them you want to speak and be on the AGENDA for the next meeting as you are appalled at the way this was handled, and you want the other members to become fully aware of it. Listen, this is the Republican Party! Not some little namby-pamby backyard bar-b-que..there are rules to follow and people to notify. If these committeemen are not doing their jobs properly, then they should have to defend their actions in front of the assembled group. We are also Republicans, and have NO confidence that Johnny is not an evil liberal. You have as much right as any other member. Assert those rights in a positive way.

JS4Pat
04-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I attended a congressional caucus in Florida and Y2quest's story is pretty consistent with what I experienced. We had three Ron Paulers who gave great conservative speeches (no mention of Ron Paul) as to why they wanted to be delegates. The people who actually voted were all part of the GOP Power Structure and it appeared their selections were made before they even arrived.

It's a shitty system which is why it is crucial that we fill all Precinct Committeemen positions with "our" people so we can open this system up!

ladyliberty
04-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Florida politics is CORRUPT - from the top clear to the bottom! I am not surprised to hear that they nominated other delegates who weren't even there. I wonder if they got their names off the cemetary tomb stones? Diebold took care of the so-called election process and now the delegates are being taken care of by the other guys.

I am trying my best to live here, but the gas prices and the cost of living are outstripping my wages and a steadily increasing rate - no thanks to the big spending fat cats in Tallahassee!

Signzit
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Florida politics is CORRUPT - from the top clear to the bottom! I am not surprised to hear that they nominated other delegates who weren't even there. I wonder if they got their names off the cemetary tomb stones? Diebold took care of the so-called election process and now the delegates are being taken care of by the other guys.

I am trying my best to live here, but the gas prices and the cost of living are outstripping my wages and a steadily increasing rate - no thanks to the big spending fat cats in Tallahassee!

rumours are $5,000-10,000 donation to the state GOP gets you in.