PDA

View Full Version : maybe we should STOP emailing reporters

krott5333
08-21-2007, 07:25 PM
you think Hillary supporters or Giuliani supporters email the news stations?

maybe he would seem more mainstream if the news outlets didnt get an email every time they mentioned his name

slantedview
08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
The same thing could be said for making banners and signs and hanging them all over our cities. Do you think Giuliani and Hillary supporters make their own signs and hang them all over? I don't see any.

It's grassroots. It is what it is, and I think it's good.

ronpaulhawaii
08-21-2007, 07:29 PM

Only if they are getting paid ;)

Wyurm
08-21-2007, 07:38 PM

maybe he would seem more mainstream if the news outlets didnt get an email every time they mentioned his name

If there is one thing I can garuntee you of, its that when you tell this movement to stop something, 2 things will happen.

1) you won't be obeyed, this phenomenon occurs due to the movement being an inividualist movement. Meaning that if you get one segment (this forum for example) to listen, you still have thousands upon thousands more who aren't listening and by the time you could get them all to listen, the 2008 general elections would have come and gone. Also new centers of Ron Paul support are popping up every single day.

2) It tends to step up what you are trying to stop. Alot like throwing water on a grease fire. This movement does not follow ordinary rules and as a result, it grows and behaves just like a living creature. You may not like everything it does, but the goal is what we all have in common and it will be achieved if we all use our strengths to reach it.

OURPLAN
08-21-2007, 07:42 PM
We have to work harder than any other supporters!

james1906
08-21-2007, 07:43 PM

You have to keep his name out there. Outtasight outtamind.

itsnobody
08-21-2007, 07:46 PM
We have to do something to get people to know who Ron Paul is and vote for him

specsaregood
08-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Absolutely not.

You probably missed my comment here about the Alabama Straw Poll News Story Reporter:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=13087

AWESOME.
I emailed the reporter and suggested she drop in on the next local Ron Paul Meetup group meeting. She wrote back and said that was a great idea and would see about doing that!

"That's a good idea!
I'll let my assignment editor know about the next meeting and hopefully I'll be there!
Thanks for the feedback!
Camille Williams
WJHG TV News Reporter"

Better put on your dress clothes!

Jennifer Reynolds
08-21-2007, 08:03 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-21-2007, 08:04 PM
///

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
A couple months ago I emailed a tv reporter somewhere in TX after a positive clip on Ron Paul. She emailed me back and was tickled pink. They rarely get thanked.

itsnobody
08-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I do see Krott's point though. I am running into a lot of backlash and outright hatred when I wear my Ron Paul shirts in Phoenix these days. We have plastered the valley with signs. People are not pleased. I was walking today and someone said "oh god, there goes one of those f*cking Paul freaks. What a bunch of assholes they are."

Shocked me to no end. I stopped to ask him if he knew anything about Ron Paul (of course he didn't but pretended that by spouting a few soundbites he could pretend he did). He then said you are all a bunch of crazy losers and I wish you would all drop dead.

I left. Figured I wasn't going to find any support there.

But the level of hatred startled me. Perhaps it was just one guy, but I got a lot of dirty looks today wearing my RP shirt. A lot!

Not saying what it means, just relaying my experiences.

That's just part of the process, people hating is just another step towards success, you should've attacked them back if they attacked you, seems like a GREAT sign at least people know who Ron Paul is

inibo
08-21-2007, 08:51 PM
you should've attacked them back if they attacked you

Actually, no.

Richard in Austin
08-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I do see Krott's point though. I am running into a lot of backlash and outright hatred when I wear my Ron Paul shirts in Phoenix these days. We have plastered the valley with signs. People are not pleased. I was walking today and someone said "oh god, there goes one of those f*cking Paul freaks. What a bunch of assholes they are."

Shocked me to no end. I stopped to ask him if he knew anything about Ron Paul (of course he didn't but pretended that by spouting a few soundbites he could pretend he did). He then said you are all a bunch of crazy losers and I wish you would all drop dead.

I left. Figured I wasn't going to find any support there.

But the level of hatred startled me. Perhaps it was just one guy, but I got a lot of dirty looks today wearing my RP shirt. A lot!

Not saying what it means, just relaying my experiences.

Remember that it doesn't mean anything, unless you want it to. You can make it mean anything you want.

Someone who hates Ron Paul could be an IRS agent or a tax preparer pissed off because they'd have to find another way to make a living in a RP presidency. Who knows?

And why would they be so angry and hateful, unless they were really afraid of us winning?

Anyway, I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm here to tell you that it's all unfolding in divine shiny order. Anyone who hates Ron Paul or freedom is not worthy of bringing you down. You may pity them, actually.