PDA

View Full Version : My Delegate vote count is wrong in PA.

123tim
04-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Something strange has happened to me and I don't quite know what to think about what happened.

I live in a small town and (in my precinct) I got only three votes. I was sort of shocked by this at first - I knew of at least 11 people who I thought would certainly vote for me the minute that they saw my name on the ballot. I thought that there would be more who might recognize my name and vote too. In all I was expecting about 30 votes for various reasons.

I just chalked my shock up to pride and decided that maybe people had reasons not to vote for me.

I voted for myself. My wife voted for me. I knew that one neighbor voted for me. I thought that this was where my three votes came from. However, I just found out today that two other people voted for me, and now I'm wondering if all of the other people that I thought would vote for me actually might have. My other neighbor asked me about the election. I just assumed that they saw my name but didn't vote for me. I was sort of surprised by this.

We used some sort of electronic tabulation where the paper ballot was inserted into some sort of counter. The machine looked like a xerox copier.

Like I said...I don't know what to think about all of this.

humanic
04-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Which district?

nate895
04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Get affidavits from the voters and file a lawsuit, and quick.

Bradley in DC
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Check the voter data. No offense to your family and friends, but people are notorious for saying they're going to vote or did vote and not.

I'm not saying they didn't, I just want to help. You don't want to make a public stint saying so and so voted for me and then find out the record shows that they didn't vote at all.

Mr. White
04-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Time for a trip to the notary.

ItsTime
04-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Thats why you get them to sign a statement at the notary...

Check the voter data. No offense to your family and friends, but people are notorious for saying they're going to vote or did vote and not.

I'm not saying they didn't, I just want to help. You don't want to make a public stint saying so and so voted for me and then find out the record shows that they didn't vote at all.

Time for a trip to the notary.

123tim
04-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Which district?

9th

I was thinking this. However, these people brought it up without prompting. I didn't even ask any of my friends to vote for me. I didn't even ask if they voted after the fact.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-26-2008, 11:49 AM

why do people do that?

I voted.