PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Party Convention Live

Phantom
04-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Constitution Party Convention Live

Reminder: The Constitution Party Convention is being carried live and can be viewed online here (http://www.alankeyes.com/).

At the moment, debate is ongoing to determine if Ron Paul can or should be considered a potential nominee of the Constitution Party.

Link (http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/04/26/constitution-party-convention-live-2/)

UnReconstructed
04-26-2008, 09:09 AM
looks like two arabs singing gospel music

libertythor
04-26-2008, 09:12 AM
looks like two arabs singing gospel music

Its the combination of Grecian hair dye and poor video quality. The music is nice.

libertythor
04-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Chuck Baldwin is the nominee.

UnReconstructed
04-26-2008, 09:16 AM
chuck baldwin won the nomination

torchbearer
04-26-2008, 09:17 AM
did Ron get nominated? what was the crowd response?

ok, see baldwin...

libertythor
04-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Alan Keyes sure did have the video feed cut fast after the results were announced!

Soccrmastr
04-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Missed it :(

UnReconstructed
04-26-2008, 09:44 AM
If Ron would have went I have no doubt that he would have won the nomination.

Stallion
04-26-2008, 09:45 AM

ok, see baldwin...

They voted to strike Ron from the ballot since he did not declare and was not in attendance. From what I've read, though, there was overwhelming applause each time his name was brought up.

My speculation is that if Barr gets the LP nomination, Baldwin will endorse him and call for the two parties to work together. Barr will name Baldwin as his VP and Dr. Paul will subsequently endorse the ticket.

Bradley in DC
04-26-2008, 09:48 AM
My speculation is that if Barr gets the LP nomination, Baldwin will endorse him and call for the two parties to work together. Barr will name Baldwin as his VP and Dr. Paul will subsequently endorse the ticket.

Wow, are you starting that rumor or is it based on something?

Jeremy
04-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Yaaaaaaa! Is Baldwin winning???? Go Baldwin!!!

Stallion
04-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Wow, are you starting that rumor or is it based on something?

Lol, it's wishful thinking on my part. :) I think a Paul-backed Barr/Baldwin ticket is our strongest hope for making an impact in November, unless Dr. Paul himself is on the ballot!

asgardshill
04-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Did they hold the convention in a broom closet? Or in a phone booth like last year?

Stephen Gordon
04-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Alan Keyes sure did have the video feed cut fast after the results were announced!

I've been reporting on the Constitution Party Convention for ThirdPartyWatch.com. The video did indeed go down at a suspicious-looking moment, but it is back up now.

I expect the video server was overloaded momentarily or (more likely) that it was a technical issue as they were moving the camera. The video is back up now and Alan Keyes is trashing Ron Paul supporters at the moment.

Here are the final vote tallies: http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/04/26/chuck-baldwin-becomes-the-constitution-party-presidential-nominee/

Stallion
04-26-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm so glad Keyes didn't get the nomination. It would have pulled the CP closer to the GOP instead of allowing it to stick to its libertarian platform.

nate895
04-26-2008, 09:57 AM
I like how the Alan Keyes people called him a "perfect fit" for the CP when the founder of the party (and, IMHO, that makes him best suited to judge) didn't like him.

libertythor
04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Alan Keyes would be better for the Reform Party. lol

Stallion
04-26-2008, 09:59 AM
I like how the Alan Keyes people called him a "perfect fit" for the CP when the founder of the party (and, IMHO, that makes him best suited to judge) didn't like him.

Yeah, not only is he anti-Keyes, but he is very pro-Paul. I wish RP would have sought their nomination :(

scandinaviany3
04-26-2008, 10:03 AM

ok, see baldwin...

Ron was nominated but when they called to check rand said nothing till sept which was too late...he would have won if he chose to

my notes from the meeting:

live news from the cp convention.

Chuck Baldwin under huge support by ron paul supporters has been chosen their candidate.

This was done by beating neo con alan keyes by 380 some votes to 120.

Spread the word...we have a candidate to support in general election!

Jeremy
04-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Go Chuck! OK, now if Barr wins LP I won't know who to vote for. :P And if any of you are still trying to get Ventura to run eventually... well I suggest you stop. He would do worse out of the three and he is even probably the least popular here too... at least I don't like him as much as Barr and Baldwin.

scandinaviany3
04-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Did they hold the convention in a broom closet? Or in a phone booth like last year?

There is like 600 delegates and another 400 people here in the KC marriott hall...

people came out even when they switched over republican to support paul

nate895
04-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Go Chuck! OK, now if Barr wins LP I won't know who to vote for. :P And if any of you are still trying to get Ventura to run eventually... well I suggest you stop. He would do worse out of the three and he is even probably the least popular here too... at least I don't like him as much as Barr and Baldwin.

I could never vote for Ventura.

Charles Wilson
04-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Ron Paul has my vote. However if John McCain gets the Republican nomination I will vote for Chuck Baldwin in the general election. I would like to see the LP Party support the CP candidate. Hopefully Ron Paul will throw his support to Chuck Baldwin. A major showing of either the LP or CP candidate will not go un-noticed by the two major parties and the MSM. A strong protest vote that impacts the two major parties will help us get Ron Paul's message out regardless of who wins the election.

The economic recession is real folks. I fully expect the current recession to turn into a major depression during the next four years, if not sooner, if the two major parties do not make some drastic changes in their spending habits.

I just finished reading Ron Paul's new book "The Revolution, A Manifesto". It is an excellent read. I sent one of my daughters a copy to keep. I asked her and my son-in-law to read it and if they like it to please send one of my other daughters and son-in-law a copy with the same instructions to see if we can get a chain going to include other members of our family.

BTW: For those of you that do not know much about Alan Keyes, he is a neocon. Keyes is part of the problem, not the solution. I supported Alan for many years until I realized that he supports military intervention around the world. That fact is one of the reasons why Keyes does not like Ron Paul. As we all know, Ron Paul is against military intervention in foreign countries unless Congress declares war.

Yom
04-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Between Barr and Baldwin, I'll vote Baldwin. Even if the CP is a bit too focused on religion, I can trust Baldwin and know where he stands. There's a bit of a gamble with Barr.

runningdiz
04-26-2008, 11:48 AM
I dont see why it matters which third party candidate we pick to vote for. The whole point in doing it will be to show how strong our vote really is and to cost one of the major parties the election. Its not like either Barr or Baldwin will win. Lets just pick one and be done with it and vote for them in November. Lets put all of our money and effort behind Murray, Lawson etc. Those who are contniung the revolution and have a shot at winning. Our vote for President should just send a message of how big we are. No third party has ANY shot at winning. Ron has a better shot of winning the Republican Nominee for President than a third party has winning the presidency and ron paul has next to no chance of doing that.

nate895
04-26-2008, 11:51 AM
I dont see why it matters which third party candidate we pick to vote for. The whole point in doing it will be to show how strong our vote really is and to cost one of the major parties the election. Its not like either Barr or Baldwin will win. Lets just pick one and be done with it and vote for them in November. Lets put all of our money and effort behind Murray, Lawson etc. Those who are contniung the revolution and have a shot at winning. Our vote for President should just send a message of how big we are. No third party has ANY shot at winning. Ron has a better shot of winning the Republican Nominee for President than a third party has winning the presidency and ron paul has next to no chance of doing that.

The reason why it'd be important is that 5% qualifies you for FEC funds and major party status in some states.

runningdiz
04-26-2008, 11:55 AM
The reason why it'd be important is that 5% qualifies you for FEC funds and major party status in some states.

I am not quiet sure how that pertains to what i said. Do you mean if a third party gets 5% in the election they get that? If so then what I said would be a good idea.

nate895
04-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I am not quiet sure how that pertains to what i said. Do you mean if a third party gets 5% in the election they get that? If so then what I said would be a good idea.

Yes, but we need to find some way so that the factions come together. A Barr/Baldwin ticket I think would go a long way.

runningdiz
04-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes, but we need to find some way so that the factions come together. A Barr/Baldwin ticket I think would go a long way.

I completely agree. I am just arguing we should concentrate our efforts on the future of the revolution and not waste them on these guys. Just decide who to vote for when the picture becomes clearer and be done with it. Not obsess over it and get distracted by bickering over which third candidate is better when none of them have a shot at winning.