PDA

View Full Version : POLITICO.com Has Good Article on Ron Paul

tajitj
04-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Very fair and goes into many areas of our revolution. These are the questions the major media has to be wondering about Paul. Go Email it to friends and Comment. Be sure to show them we are still here. It is 2 pages, I almost did not notice.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9886.html

yongrel
04-26-2008, 06:31 AM
good article

ashura
04-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Hah: Recalling the May of 2007 GOP debate when he and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani scrapped in South Carolina over the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and national security, Paul crowed that “Giuliani made me a celebrity.”

“I’m still doing this," Paul said, "and he’s paying back his debt.”

:D

Hayek's Heroes
04-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Good article. Almost makes me want to do a money bomb for Bob Barr to send a message.

ItsTime
04-26-2008, 08:46 AM
These people live in a fairy tale land dont they?

“A large portion of those Ron Paul supporters are anti-Bush, anti-war Republicans,” he said. “They’ll wind up back with McCain because, while they may disagree on the war or be mad at Bush, the prospect of Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton is more frightening.”

klamath
04-26-2008, 08:51 AM
These people live in a fairy tale land dont they?

Had to laugh at that one too.:D

pepperpete1
04-26-2008, 09:45 AM
loved his subtle thumbing his nose at Giuliani.

hawks4ronpaul
04-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Note that the GOP analysts expect the RP folks to throw a tantrum in September and vote McCain in November.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

nate895
04-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Note that the GOP analysts expect the RP folks to throw a tantrum in September and vote McCain in November.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

A moronic idea if there ever was one. We won't vote for McCain if a gun was put to our head (of course, most of us would just pull out our gun as well).

LibertyIn08
04-26-2008, 12:08 PM
A moronic idea if there ever was one. We won't vote for McCain if a gun was put to our head (of course, most of us would just pull out our gun as well).

To be fair, we're only representative of a minority of Ron Paul voters. Many are not nearly as active or "hard-core" as those here or on DailyPaul.

TER
04-26-2008, 12:10 PM
bump. Good article.

nate895
04-26-2008, 12:11 PM
To be fair, we're only representative of a minority of Ron Paul voters. Many are not nearly as active or "hard-core" as those here or on DailyPaul.

I know many "light" Ron Paul supporters. They will never vote for McWar.

LibertyIn08
04-26-2008, 12:13 PM
I know many "light" Ron Paul supporters. They will never vote for McWar.

Perhaps you're correct. I have absolutely no idea what will happen, but it will be interesting to see who the majority of Ron Paul voters coalesce around.

TER
04-26-2008, 12:14 PM
The end of the article is quite amusing:

Recalling the May of 2007 GOP debate when he and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani scrapped in South Carolina over the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and national security, Paul crowed that “Giuliani made me a celebrity.”

“I’m still doing this," Paul pointed out, "and he’s paying back his debt.”

JosephTheLibertarian
04-26-2008, 12:45 PM
RP can still win it

ItsTime
04-26-2008, 01:19 PM
None of the people I know who support Ron Paul "casually" will be voting for McCain.

spacehabitats
04-26-2008, 01:21 PM
It is surprising how refreshing it is to see an article that approaches the subject of Ron Paul's candidacy with even a modicum of objectivity.

tajitj
04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Think about it. Paul got 130,000 votes in PA. There are 1,000 here and on dailypaul at a given moment. We have to find a way to reach people who are not online. Or find a way to get them to this site on a regular basis.

torchbearer
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Think about it. Paul got 130,000 votes in PA. There are 1,000 here and on dailypaul at a given moment. We have to find a way to reach people who are not online. Or find a way to get them to this site on a regular basis.

I think at one point we had about 7000 active members on this forum. we'd have a 1000 people in grassroots alone.
The more people we had on the forums, the worse the environment got, especially because of agents against us.. some who still linger to make sure people are driven away.

Getting people to these websites are not the answer... getting people to turn off their cable news and start researching stuff on their own would be the first step.
Let's call it...
#1. Unplug from the Matrix.

nate895
04-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I think at one point we had about 7000 active members on this forum. we'd have a 1000 people in grassroots alone.
The more people we had on the forums, the worse the environment got, especially because of agents against us.. some who still linger to make sure people are driven away.

Getting people to these websites are not the answer... getting people to turn off their cable news and start researching stuff on their own would be the first step.
Let's call it...
#1. Unplug from the Matrix.

14,000 was our height, we had like 3000 in Grassroots onetime.

torchbearer
04-26-2008, 02:15 PM

I stand corrected, i knew it was a big number, but i didn't want to over estimate.
I just know that during that time, this forum was horrible and unusuable.
It was during that time, that I was heavily active with the Louisiana situation, so 99% of our planning happened through meet-ups.
We didn't discuss anything on these forums until after the fact.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I stand corrected, i knew it was a big number, but i didn't want to over estimate.
I just know that during that time, this forum was horrible and unusuable.
It was during that time, that I was heavily active with the Louisiana situation, so 99% of our planning happened through meet-ups.
We didn't discuss anything on these forums until after the fact.

so have you been in any debates yet?

tajitj
04-26-2008, 02:57 PM

Where did they go? They just feel as though it is politics as usual. If your man does not win, then just go on or look for someone else. I can not say with any confidence who they will vote for in November.

torchbearer
04-26-2008, 02:59 PM
so have you been in any debates yet?

I've been in debates prior to this election.
This election season hasn't even started in louisiana. its later than other states.

The last debate I was in... I did very well, it was televised in Monroe, LA.
Coming from the LP where all central committee meetings are basically debates in themselves... I easily mopped the floor with the fools on the stage with me.
I take pride in turning people's arguments against themselves and using their own belief system against themselves.
Most politicians ideas and world views are not well thought-out.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-26-2008, 03:13 PM
I've been in debates prior to this election.
This election season hasn't even started in louisiana. its later than other states.

The last debate I was in... I did very well, it was televised in Monroe, LA.
Coming from the LP where all central committee meetings are basically debates in themselves... I easily mopped the floor with the fools on the stage with me.
I take pride in turning people's arguments against themselves and using their own belief system against themselves.
Most politicians ideas and world views are not well thought-out.

Do you think you can beat me?

torchbearer
04-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Do you think you can beat me?

No.

TER
04-26-2008, 03:26 PM
now now, boyz, save it for the neocons!