PDA

View Full Version : ron paul and ross perot

sunny
08-21-2007, 06:44 PM
can anyone tell me the similarities between ron paul and ross perot?

Mr. White
08-21-2007, 06:49 PM
initials? congeniality?

Richie
08-21-2007, 06:50 PM
There are very few, unfortunately.

http://www.issues2000.org/Ross_Perot.htm

ChristopherJ
08-21-2007, 06:57 PM
As far as foreign policy goes, I'm not sure, but Perot had many similar ideas concerning fiscal responsibility. He was very concerned about our national dept and the country going bankrupt.

Sidenote: I voted for Perot back in '92 when I was in college. I had this government professor that was a staunch democrat. One day he decided he was going to take a poll and see how everyone was voting. I was the only one who raised my hand when he asked who was voting for Perot and he didn't seem pleased at all. He spent the next 10-15 minutes trying to humiliate me so I would conform. Of course I didn't have the confidence/knowledge to debate with him on the subject but in my heart I knew I was voting for the right person. He really made me feel stupid in front of the whole class :(...I voted for Perot anyway.

ape
08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
They both warned us about NAFTA.

Matt Collins
08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
can anyone tell me the similarities between ron paul and ross perot?

Well, they both singlehandedly changed the course of campaign debate and dialog. If Ron Paul and Ross Perot were not present, then the other clowns would still be discussing who's hair looks best, or who is the most 'patriotic', or who the most devout Christian is, or who has the snappiest sound bites, etc...

Both Ron Paul and Ross Perot moved outside of the vague statements and feel-good sound bites and discussed hard facts, figures, numbers etc.

Bossobass
08-21-2007, 07:24 PM
They have the same initials...RP. The similarities end there.

Perot was befriended by the Rockefellers who gave him the NY state hospitals contract to jump start his computer business.

Later, GM (Rockefellers) purchased Perot's company (for top buck) with a seat on the board for Perot as part of the deal. Not too long afterward, citing Perot as such a nettlesome character, GM sold him back his company (bottom buck) 'just to get rid of him'.

He became a billionaire in the process. I wonder if he owed Rocky a favor?

I met Mr. Perot 10 years ago. I tactfully approached the above story with him. He did not become indignant, nor did he deny much of the outline of it. I actually found him to be an extremely intelligent man, and very cordial. His wife is from about 30 miles from where I'm originally from, so we had a mutual point of interest. He is a very interesting person to talk to, to say the least.

I have always found his run for POTUS, drop out for POTUS, run for POTUS to be a very fishy story, given his background and who won the election due to his participation, but that's just the tin foil hat wearer in me ;)

Bosso

quickmike
08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
As far as foreign policy goes, I'm not sure, but Perot had many similar ideas concerning fiscal responsibility. He was very concerned about our national dept and the country going bankrupt.

Sidenote: I voted for Perot back in '92 when I was in college. I had this government professor that was a staunch democrat. One day he decided he was going to take a poll and see how everyone was voting. I was the only one who raised my hand when he asked who was voting for Perot and he didn't seem pleased at all. He spent the next 10-15 minutes trying to humiliate me so I would conform. Of course I didn't have the confidence/knowledge to debate with him on the subject but in my heart I knew I was voting for the right person. He really made me feel stupid in front of the whole class :(...I voted for Perot anyway.

Congrats on doing what you though was the stupid thing:D

I voted for Bush unfortunately:mad: Hell I didnt know he was so crooked back then.

ctb619
08-21-2007, 08:26 PM

You have to love professors like that, who will simultaneously claim to be staunch advocates of "intellectual freedom", all the while belittling and smearing at every opportunity those who defy their dogma.