Bradley in DC
04-25-2008, 05:02 PM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-04232008-1523448.html

Ron Paul supporters in GOP were few but proud

By CHRISTINA KRISTOFIC
The Intelligencer
They were few, but proud.

They were Ron Paul supporters.

And even though Sen. John McCain had pretty much secured the Republican presidential nomination before the Pennsylvania primary, Rep. Ron Paul's supporters still went to the polls Tuesday to show their support for the Texas doctor.

“Ron Paul speaks up and (appeals) to the college kids and the old-timers like myself,” said Joe Mallon, a 71-year-old Paul supporter from Upper Moreland.

Mallon said he believes his party has been hijacked by a bunch of neo-conservatives.

Paul's run represents the beginning of a revolution for many, and signs and T-shirts declaring “The Ron Paul Revolution” have become popular across the country. But some considered Paul's run a return to the traditional Republican values of small government, low taxes and non-interventionist foreign policy.

Some Republicans said a vote for Paul was a message vote — a way to tell their party they are not happy with its direction and presidential selection.

Richard Dekalb, an 80-year-old Republican who lives in Ann's Choice in Warminster, doesn't like McCain and wanted to vote for “anything as far away (from him) as I could.”

And Paul fit the bill.

New Britain Township resident John Dresher voted for Ron Paul on Tuesday because he agreed with the candidate's stance on constitutional issues.

The 65-year-old said he's not opposed to voting for McCain in the general election.

Despite some disapproval of McCain, the Arizona senator was still winning the Republican vote in Pennsylvania on Tuesday night.

And it was probably primarily because of people like Reynaldo Deane of Richland.

Deane voted for McCain because he believes McCain, a former U.S. Navy aviator who spent five and a half years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, is best suited to fight America's foes and protect people here at home.

“He's the strongest on security,” Deane said, after he voted at Richland Elementary School.

Tom Koehler, 46, of Perkasie, said one of the reasons he likes McCain is the senator's age.

McCain is 71 — one year younger than Paul.

“Being 71, I think, is a plus,” Koehler said of McCain. “He's set in his ways so he won't flim-flam. I've heard so much flim-flamming in these last few months with the Democrats, I don't know what to believe. If I was a Democrat, I wouldn't know who to vote for.”

Staff writers Hilary Bentman, Ed Kracz, Christopher Ruvo and Annie Tasker contributed to this story.

DealzOnWheelz
04-26-2008, 07:53 AM
“Being 71, I think, is a plus,” Koehler said of McCain. “He's set in his ways so he won't flim-flam. I've heard so much flim-flamming in these last few months with the Democrats, I don't know what to believe. If I was a Democrat, I wouldn't know who to vote for.”

Apparently this guy has never looked at any of John McCains policy changes

Liberty Rebellion
04-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Deane voted for McCain because he believes McCain, a former U.S. Navy aviator who spent five and a half years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, is best suited to fight America's foes and protect people here at home.

“He's the strongest on security,” Deane said, after he voted at Richland Elementary School.

:rolleyes:

Yes, he wants to secure the Southern Mexican border and the Northern Canadian border for the NAU.