PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Book Signing (NYC) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian_Mattern
04-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Calling all RP supporters in the NYC area !

And I quote this e-mail I was sent.

Dear Brian,

This Monday, April 28, I'll be at the Borders on 100 Broadway in New York signing advance copies of " The Revolution: A Manifesto." Your attendance would be greatly appreciated.

I wrote Revolution as a tool to spread our message. A strong showing of support right in the heart of our financial capitol would send a powerful message that our movement is here to stay. I hope you can help.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

I made a Facebook 'event' about it.
And am promoting up the shiznit.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=26087800744

FrankRep
04-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Here are the news articles about it:

Ron Paul ''The Revolution: A Manifesto'' Advance Book Signing in New York City, April 28

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/550296.html

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080425/20080425005530.html?.v=1

tajitj
04-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Check out the HQ page. He has a CNN Morning Interview, and radio show and a Bloomberg TV interview. All on this Monday.

Apr 28
1. Ron Paul interview on "CNN American Morning"
"CNN American Morning" on CNN
8:24 - 8:30 AM ET

2. Ron Paul interview on "Brian and the Judge"
"Brian and the Judge" on Fox Radio
10:00 - 10:30 AM ET

3. Ron Paul "The Revolution: A Manifesto" Book Signing
Borders, 100 Broadway, New York, NY 10005
1:00 PM ET

4. Ron Paul interview on "Night Talk" with Mike Schneider
"Night Talk" on Bloomberg TV
10:00 PM ET

ronpaulhawaii
04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm gonna go, anyone else?

FrankRep
04-25-2008, 05:56 PM
I've posted it to Craigslist.org

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/act/656433549.html

tajitj
04-26-2008, 06:20 AM
I want to keep this on front page. Big day on Monday.

frasu
04-26-2008, 06:26 AM
I just got the book from amazon, so I will be there for signing, in my lunch break...

Bruno
04-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Great to see that his publisher has a busy schedule for him out promoting the Manifesto!

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I happen to be flying to the States on business next week, and my 5+ hour layover is at JFK on Monday 1:45-7:10 PM. I would definitely hop a cab and try to get there if I knew for a fact he'd be there and signing for a while. Anybody know how long the signing session is going to be?

Brian_Mattern
04-26-2008, 09:26 AM
I just got the book from amazon, so I will be there for signing, in my lunch break...
and to SFSpy
I think they're pre-signed books. But it'll probably be a meet-n-greet type thing, and hopefully he talks to his supporters.

robert4rp08
04-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Wish it was on the weekend. I'd make the 6 hour drive for it :/

Joseph Hart
04-26-2008, 09:46 AM
and to SFSpy
I think they're pre-signed books. But it'll probably be a meet-n-greet type thing, and hopefully he talks to his supporters.

I think hes actually signing some.

Paul Revered
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
bump

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Here's the funny thing, I booked that flight to the US at least 2 weeks before he announced he would be in NYC for the signing on that day, so I feel like I'm meant to get down there and meet him.

Tentative Schedule:

1:45 Delta flight lands at JFK from Nice, France.

1:45 - 2:30 Retrieve bag, clear customs, leave bag on transfer belt.

2:30 - 3:30 Cab ride to Manhattan (40-50 bucks??)

3:30 - 4:30 Crazy line waiting to meet the good doctor.

4:30 - 4:45 Get at least 2 or 3 books signed and get a picture taken with the man himself (Future avatar)

4:45 - 6:00 Rush hour traffic cab ride back to JFK (Another 40-50 large)

6:00 - 7:10 Make it through security screening, get to the gate, fly out to Syracuse my final destination.

Now obviously if my first flight is late, my plan will just blow up and I'll be the guy moping around the JFK terminal for 4+ hours while wondering what could have been...

You guys think I can do this? I'd appreciate someone local letting me know if my timeline seems reasonable, especially the cab rides and how much they would cost

Phenom24
04-26-2008, 11:46 AM
My wife and I will be there with our three year old son.

I'm so psyched I can't stand it.

It's seriously nerve-wracking - I'm giddy and nervous simultaneously. Dr. Paul (to me) is bigger than meeting someone I like on a baseball team, or a movie star.

HE MATTERS.

:)

CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT.

Soccrmastr
04-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm gonna go, anyone else?

Might go. About a 40 minute train to grand central from where I am.

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Bump for townie wisdom

0zzy
04-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Here's the funny thing, I booked that flight to the US at least 2 weeks before he announced he would be in NYC for the signing on that day, so I feel like I'm meant to get down there and meet him.

Tentative Schedule:

4:30 - 4:45 Get at least 2 or 3 books signed and get a picture taken with the man himself (Future avatar)

6:00 - 7:10 Make it through security screening, get to the gate, fly out to Syracuse my final destination.

Now obviously if my first flight is late, my plan will just blow up and I'll be the guy moping around the JFK terminal for 4+ hours while wondering what could have been...

You guys think I can do this? I'd appreciate someone local letting me know if my timeline seems reasonable, especially the cab rides and how much they would cost

Probably can only sign one.

homah
04-26-2008, 05:33 PM

Tentative Schedule:

I believe a cab ride is $45 flat. Cab ride to Manhattan should be less than an hour. Cab ride back might take longer than 1:15, though I've never done it in rush hour so I'm not sure (they say no one's ever beaten the Van Wyck, but hey, maybe you'll be the first). If you don't make it, just rent a car and drive to Syracuse. :)

Ronnie1776
04-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Check out the HQ page. He has a CNN Morning Interview, and radio show and a Bloomberg TV interview. All on this Monday.

Apr 28
1. Ron Paul interview on "CNN American Morning"
"CNN American Morning" on CNN
8:24 - 8:30 AM ET

2. Ron Paul interview on "Brian and the Judge"
"Brian and the Judge" on Fox Radio
10:00 - 10:30 AM ET

3. Ron Paul "The Revolution: A Manifesto" Book Signing
Borders, 100 Broadway, New York, NY 10005
1:00 PM ET

4. Ron Paul interview on "Night Talk" with Mike Schneider
"Night Talk" on Bloomberg TV
10:00 PM ET

Visit www.MurraySabrin.com for all the details!

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I believe a cab ride is $45 flat. Cab ride to Manhattan should be less than an hour. Cab ride back might take longer than 1:15, though I've never done it in rush hour so I'm not sure (they say no one's ever beaten the Van Wyck, but hey, maybe you'll be the first). If you don't make it, just rent a car and drive to Syracuse. :)

Thanx for the tip Homah. I got a good chuckle out of the Van Wyck reference and my Seinfeld meter went tilt! I guess it will really depend on what time I get out of customs. Before 3PM and I'm going for it! It'd be nice if someone knew details such as:

- Is he signing books on the spot, and if so is there a limit on how many?
- What time will he be able to stay until?
- Can we pose for pics?

If noone comes up with the info, I'll have to try calling Border's tomorrow and see if they know anything. I already have a rental car booked in the 'Cuse, it'd really throw off my plans having to pick it up in NYC, so this possibility will have to be balanced as well...

THIS IS ALL SO EXCITING!! :)

ronpaulhawaii
04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
...If you don't make it, just rent a car and drive to Syracuse. :)

A nice 4.5 hr ride :D

Visit www.MurraySabrin.com (http://www.MurraySabrin.com) for all the details!

That, too

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-26-2008, 08:16 PM
That 4.5 hr ride really isn't that bad, PA is quite boring but it's over before you know it really. As for the Murray Sabrin website, all I see is mentions of their fundraising dinner happening in the evening, but no mention of Dr. Paul's appearance at Border's. Do you mind pointing me in the right direction if there's something I've missed?

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
So I figured I could actually make it faster and cheaper if I took the subway.

So Airtrain - Howard Beach JFK Airport - A train to Manhattan - Get off at Broadway / Nassau ST - Walk 5 blocks South - BORDER'S!

Walk 5 blocks North - A train to Far Rockaway / Mott Avenue Branch - Get off at Howard Beach JFK Airport - Airtrain - DONE!

I'm so excited I can't even sleep!

frasu
04-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Just a bump to remind people!

NightOwl
04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
And let's get some photos or video or something -- we'd like to see what this thing looked like. I'm hoping it's an absolute madhouse.

frasu
04-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Just got back from the book signing... lots of people (couple hundred I'll say or more)... I waited an hour to get my book signed but it looked like there is need for another hour to get to all the people...

so stocked that I finally got my book signed

aknappjr
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Couldn't make the book-signing, but I'm going to the Murray Sabrin/Ron Paul fundraiser tonight. I hope everyone can make it. www.MurraySabrin.com

Deoptics8
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
I got there at 12:30 and got out at 2:10pm. I was suckered into buying a book there even though I had one that I bought from Amazon. So I had both signed and will be giving 1 as a gift. I wish I could go tonight to meet Murray Sabrin but I can't fork over the $250. I hope they really address the issues of NJ's mess.

MS0453
04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Bump, with a prayer for photos.

Bruno
04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
According to Borders:

All 530 copies of The Revolution: A Manifesto were sold before Ron Paul even arrived. Over 850 people showed up over the course of the event, making this the second-biggest book signing ever for that store, behind Bill Clinton.

What a great day this has been!

Isn't there some neocon doing a book signing tomorrow? Who was it? I thought had read it a few weeks ago.

NightOwl
04-28-2008, 02:29 PM
What a great day this has been!

Isn't there some neocon doing a book signing tomorrow? Who was it? I thought had read it a few weeks ago.

Newt Gingrich. Ugh!

slacker921
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Newt Gingrich. Ugh!

I double dog dare you to take Ron Paul's new book and hand it to Newt. ;)

Primbs
04-28-2008, 02:36 PM
He might just sign it.

AzNsOuLjAh27
04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes!

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Here's a little update of how my trip went today:

My flight from France departed late by an hour, then we got stuck circling Long Island because of the inclement weather for about 45 minutes extra. Customs and DHS inspection was surprisingly fast, retrieving bag was painfully slow, all told I got out of the terminal around 3:10.

Now subconsciously, I knew it was already too late for the signing... but what the hell, I still had 4 hours to kill and I was determined to make it to that Border's.

I paid my $7 subway fare to ride to the Broadway / Nassau St exit, then ran the 5 blocks south like a maniac under a pouring rain.

I got to Border's and asked the first employee I saw if Dr. Paul was still there. He told me that no unfortunately Dr. Paul had left around 2:45 after signing all the books that they had in stock, and he estimated that around 400 people had showed up.

I thanked him and started walking back to my subway stop to get back to the terminal. I got to the Delta terminal and had the unpleasant surprise to find that my flight had been CANCELED, thanks to that stinky weather again.

Now comes into play the rental car issue that was debated a few posts above, keep in mind however that I haven't slept in approximately 28 hours.

Should I try for the 5 hour ride to Syracuse under the rain, as an exhausted driver in dire need of some sleep and a warm shower?
Should I try to "sleep" in the terminal while keeping an eye open watching my laptop case and my wallet?
Should I try to drive the lesser trip to Hartford CT (1.5 hours) and crash at a friend's house or try to go to the ex-girlfriend just recently broken up from her long-term boyfriend in Albany NY (2.5 hours)?

As I'm sitting on the cold floor of the airport terminal, so many thoughts race through my mind and I just can't come to a decision. I wouldn't change a thing of what happened today because there is really nothing I could do about the weather screwing me like that. I thought I was destined to meet Dr. Paul and airline tardiness and nature got in the way of my quest for a glimpse of freedom. It just wasn't meant to be.

~ Tired, hungry and frustrated Sneaky signing off from the floor of JFK Airport Terminal 4

BIG_J
04-28-2008, 06:13 PM
ex gf; by far is the best option.

brooklynzoo81
04-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Anybody get any video clips???

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd jump at the chance to see the ex... it's just that while trying to rebook my rental, I'm being given a $300 rate bump, either because it's NYC or because I'd be dropping off the car at a different place that I rented it.

So right now, all signs point to bumming in the airport, unless I manage to find a cheap hotel nearby but I highly doubt that will happen. I'm on the lookout for some Red Bull, they rebooked me for tomorrow @ 9:10 am. 12 hours to go...

C-a-n-t f-a-l-l a-s-l-e-e-p

Joseph Hart
04-28-2008, 10:09 PM
First posted pic!!!!
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/Organjic/PICT0865.jpg

Brian_Mattern
04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
What bliss Joseph.
It's a simple man's signature.

First posted pic!!!!
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/Organjic/PICT0865.jpg

SFSpy, were there 0 copies at the store? That you could've read to ease your mind with the fact that you missed the man himself.

It's a very reassuring read, though I've only read a few spoiler pages.