PDA

View Full Version : Romanian WASR-3 .223

Elegy
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm am going to purchase a rifle within the next month or two and after going back and forth between the AR and AK, I am set on getting an AK-47 for a variety of reasons. 1)from experience out here with the M-4, I love this rifle in a perfect setting, but when/if something goes down back in the states, I feel they are just too unreliable especially with the weather in Alaska. 2) The amount of money I can spend on a weapon and bulk ammo.

Has anybody used the AK in .223 or know of a site where I can read reviews, etc? The only reason I'm even considering a .223 is because I believe it will be more readily available if an incident is long and drawn out. If it's a piece of garbage, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 7.62 and start the process of buying as much ammo as possible when finances permit.

I don't have to much experience with rifles outside the M-4/16. I've fired an AK and an SKS with my cousin a few years ago, aside from that, nada. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hawk45
04-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Here you go. http://www.theakforum.net/

For the guys on there it is about the AK and NOT the money. All I have met there will bend over backwards to help folks.

Biggest problem you will have is finding one of the WASR-3's that does not have canted sights and know that the only mag that runs 100% of the time in it is the Weiger mags that are going for anywhere between $25-40 each. Other mags have and are modified to run in them, but I cannot say they are 100% sure.