PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul could win North Carolina

New York For Paul
04-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are tearing apart McCain for attacking the North Carolina Republican Party for running anti Obama ads.

Rush thinks McCain will use the Republican Party and then dump it. McCain has no plans to build the Republican party. He is using it just to achieve his own selfish objective of gaining the nomination and the presidency.

Here is an opening for the Ron Paul campaign, should they choose to take it to get all the anti McCain vote in North Carolina. McCain and his feud with North Carolina Republicans is national news and big local news.

This is Ron Paul's chance to give republicans upset at McCain for insulting the chairman of the North Carolina Republican a chance to send a message by voting for Ron Paul.

Talk radio is all over this.

rancher89
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
three threads now on this subject

Ron Paul would not run that ad. PERIOD

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134427

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134466

Jeremy
04-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Doubt it. I think South Dakota and Idaho should be better than NC (and most other states) for us... it seems like our best states are at the end ._.

Tarzan
04-25-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't know if we have much chance in North Carolina...
It appears Ron Paul has dropped out of the race... at least, he is not listed as a candidate by the NC GOP: http://www.ncgop.org/home/candidates.asp :sarcasm:

There is a lot to be done to make that happen... one of the steps is getting the NC GOP to list him as a candidate. :no sarcasm:

Maybe the official campaign could help with this effort :more sarcasm:

Bruno
04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Doubt it. I think South Dakota and Idaho should be better than NC (and most other states) for us... it seems like our best states are at the end ._.

Anyone know if there even any more polls being run that would show current Paul support in the remaining states? Were there before PA to even indicate the 16%?

Great to know Hannity and Rush are tearing McCain apart.

Wishful thinking: Rush runs a new Operation Chaos strategy - vote for Ron Paul to send a message to McCain that he is too liberal for the Republican Party! Since "everyone knows McCain has it wrapped up" there would be no harm in casting a vote of no-confidence in McCain. :cool:

NCGOPer_for_Paul
04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
three threads now on this subject

Ron Paul would not run that ad. PERIOD

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134427

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134466

And I repeat,

Ron Paul wouldn't tell a STATE'S party NOT to run an ad relating to that STATE'S internal politics.

New York For Paul
04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
All the voters listening to Rush and Sean and Michael Savage may just vote against McCain to send a message. They could vote for Ron Paul.

Wheather you agree with the ads or not, it is the fight between the potential nominee McCain and his own party that is the issue.

JS4Pat
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
I disagree with Rush that McCain should be supporting those ads, but I certainly agree with him on his desire to screw things up for McCain.

If the National HQs had any competent political campaign strategists in its ranks (It's obvious they don't) they would seize on this opportunity for publicity. The media would love to cover the controversy and therefore a door would open for Ron Paul to reach more people with THE MESSAGE.

I just don't understand why they (Ron Paul and the official Campaign) don't do all they can do for this movement - we certainly are!

MozoVote
04-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Ronald Reagan *WON* North Carolina at the tail end of the 1976 nominating process. It gave him momentum that carried to the convention and nearly toppled President Ford.

However, Reagan did spend money on advertising and made a real effort at it. Paul is just making a flag planting at Duke.

If Paul+Huck gets over 30% I'd consider that a victory. It shows the deep ebb of "support" McCain has.

Join The Paul Side
04-25-2008, 03:08 PM
And I repeat,

Ron Paul wouldn't tell a STATE'S party NOT to run an ad relating to that STATE'S internal politics.

So? It's a chance to open up the sheep's eyes about McWar, and possibly gain some support from party leaders in opposing him. I say we take this and run with it if we can.

Ron Paul may not play dirty, but I know we're up against a brood of vipers that don't play fair. So why should any of us? :cool:

rancher89
04-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know if we have much chance in North Carolina...
It appears Ron Paul has dropped out of the race... at least, he is not listed as a candidate by the NC GOP: http://www.ncgop.org/home/candidates.asp :sarcasm:

There is a lot to be done to make that happen... one of the steps is getting the NC GOP to list him as a candidate. :no sarcasm:

Maybe the official campaign could help with this effort :more sarcasm:

RP, Keyes and Huckabee are all on the ballot in NC, as well as mccain.

rancher89
04-25-2008, 03:19 PM
So? It's a chance to open up the sheep's eyes about McWar, and possibly gain some support from party leaders in opposing him. I say we take this and run with it if we can.

Ron Paul may not play dirty, but I know we're up against a brood of vipers that don't play fair. So why should any of us? :cool:

so you want to roll around in the "muck" too??

slacker921
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
.... Paul+Huck gets over 30% I'd consider that a victory. It shows the deep ebb of "support" McCain has.

If the Paul campaign acts fast and acts smart they could really capitalize on this and do really well in NC. But they won't. Paul won't break 5% statewide in NC.

The NC ballot doesn't just have Huck and Paul. It also has Alan Keyes and "No Preference". "No Preference" will get a lot of votes...

New York For Paul
04-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Ron Paul has the slim jims with Reagan and himself. Just put a few commercials together or one long infomercial about the Constitution and the founding fathers of North Carolina.

There are a lot of hard core conservative Reaganites from North Carolina.

acroso
04-25-2008, 03:23 PM
If we could win a state in the coming months...somehow...that would send an excellent message to McCain that the base IS NOT ON BOARD.

Unfortunately there is nothing McCain could say or do make himself worthy of a vote. He's he has a history of lying to and trashing conservatives. Irreconcilable differences.

Join The Paul Side
04-25-2008, 03:27 PM
so you want to roll around in the "muck" too??

I think it could help gain support where we could use it.

wgadget
04-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are tearing apart McCain for attacking the North Carolina Republican Party for running anti Obama ads.

Rush thinks McCain will use the Republican Party and then dump it. McCain has no plans to build the Republican party. He is using it just to achieve his own selfish objective of gaining the nomination and the presidency.

Here is an opening for the Ron Paul campaign, should they choose to take it to get all the anti McCain vote in North Carolina. McCain and his feud with North Carolina Republicans is national news and big local news.

This is Ron Paul's chance to give republicans upset at McCain for insulting the chairman of the North Carolina Republican a chance to send a message by voting for Ron Paul.

Has anyone heard the two words most often shunned from talk radio regarding this issue: RON PAUL

I still haven't heard anyone, host or caller, say anything to anyone about what happened in PA.

jd603
04-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Fox started backing Hillary ages ago, they want her , not mccain.

TER
04-25-2008, 10:38 PM
DO people actually still watch FOX news?

AgentPaul001
04-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Paul was gaining a lot of support here in North Carolina months ago, however since the "downturn" in the campaign & assumption that McCain will be the nominee support has definitely dropped a lot.

One plus though is candidates like BJ lawson are doing great, and it appears they might in-fact bring more RP supporters to the polls in support of their congressional campaigns then otherwise.

Paul won't win the state, but I think he could have another decent showing in the 15-20% range. ALthough the Republican party has killed itself in the state, I see so many young republicans switching over to vote for Obama, sigh.

Aratus
04-26-2008, 07:24 AM
reverend wright did sound cogent and intelligent last night with bill moyers
and is very media sound~byte cognicent of how his seconds of sermonizing
is being used to hammer away at barack obama's warren g. harding normalcy
credentials. yes... the NC party committee ad is bad form by a marquis of queensbury
rulebook, and clearly ron paul's own "eagle scout" glandular sense of fairness is set off by
things that are too strident, rude or un-polite, yes... with rush limbaugh up on this very
proud "vote hillary... PLEASE!!!" high~horse, yes... the corrrrination of kynge john mccain
is not a total fait accomplii or a GIVEN! yes... lets FOCUS on mccain's stances! lets
focus on his judgement calls. NORTH CAROLINA can now be ANOTHER upset in
a great way... for this whole YEAR has seen political upset and upset! this
year seems to toss out nearly all CRYSTAL BALLs at three week intervals!

RON PAUL COULD EVEN GET 35% TO 45% OF THE N.C REPUBLICAN PRIMARY VOTE!
HE COULD DOUBLE HIS PENNSYLVANIA TOTALs! LIKE MAYBE ROMNEY AND HUCKABEE
ARE NOT ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING AND THERE IS THIS INCREASING DISCONTENT???

Bruno
04-26-2008, 07:27 AM
DO people actually still watch FOX news?

I watch to see what the propaganda machine is pumping out to the masses.

"know your enemy" ;)

Aratus
04-26-2008, 07:29 AM
the ballot now subliminally says crown king mccain or .... VOTE RON PAUL!

this here local people verses national committee ad fight cyber~spat
is not simply Rev. Wright being too politically incorrect, sorta... or
the middle name of his most famous parrish~ion~eer... its the AU~H2O factor
most intrusive and inclusive! rush limbaugh actually semi-praising hillary...
can this political year get any WEIRDer? can we see ANY more surprises?
ASK ME ABOUT THE UPCOMING PLANKING COME THIS SEPTEMBER!!!

DealzOnWheelz
04-26-2008, 09:03 AM
The NC meetups need to capitalize on this fued between McWar and the NCGOP

We must go down guns blazing

all hands on deck and tell the NATIONAL GOP MCWAR IS NOT A REAL REPUBLICAN

rancher89
04-26-2008, 09:20 AM
When we go to the polls on the 6th, the goper's that are pissed at mccain will see Keyes, Huckabee, Paul and Mccain on the ballot. IMHO, most will vote for Huckabee (note: see PA results--Huckabee did very well in a state he didn't even campaign in...).

UNLESS we get out there and let people know that Ron Paul is on the ticket b4 they get to the poll--ask them to look into him, find out what's important to them, and capitalize on it. Right to Live, 2nd amendment are big ticket items here also taxes, all good points for RP. So many are angry at bush, and mccain, but feel they have to support "their" party. Convince them that they should vote their heart or conscience, whatever works in the primary, and let the cards fall as they may.

We don't need a muck smearing ad to get us more votes--it will turn off more voters than we will gain. I just wish that the official campaign would run a few ads on the radio and/or the newpapers, just a couple?????

Bossobass
04-26-2008, 10:26 AM
I've waited more than a year for this one. (RP at Duke May 2, Friday).

I'll be heading to Raleigh-Durham for the weekend and bringing 12 people with me (so far).

I'll also be calling in the favor from those who we ardently supported in South Carolina during their many events across their state last year.

I don't see why we cant flood that venue with 5K or more people, signs, traffic jams, loud cheers and get this election on the map for the following Tuesday.

This trip to Raleigh/Durham will put me over the 10,000 mile mark in my travels across America to support Ron Paul. I'm bringing 12 people (so far) with me to Raleigh and staying the weekend with some young men who attend UNC at Chapel Hill and Willmington who we organized to canvass in SC before their primary.

I'm asking this of anyone who reads this:

PLEASE make an extra effort to persuade, offer to drive, invite, caravan, fly, hop a train, walk, bicycle, e-mail, post on YT, MS, FB, etc, etc, to show a HUGE support for our candidate while we have this opportunity.

Thank you for anything and everything you have done and may be able to do.

There are 4,309 defense contractors in NC. NC is the HQ of Blackwater, the largest and most federally funded mercenary army in history. There are 9 military bases in NC. We have huge opposition in this state.

If we can't get one person for every defense contractor to show up in NC at RP's alma mater to show the state that there is an alternative to McCain and that he has support, we certainly won't be able to do much else, IMO.

Bosso

Matt Collins
04-26-2008, 03:11 PM
DO people actually still watch FOX news?Not me anymore... I canceled my subscription Feb 6th...