PDA

View Full Version : Response to brandonyates's thread

Jeremy
04-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Brandonyates posted a thread saying that because the campaign didn't do anything in PA, that's why the outcome was so good. I decided to make a new topic instead of post something that gets buried in countless posts. Anyway, this is just wrong. Ron Paul visited PA, what, 4 times before the primary? That's a lot compared to other states... so you actually have it the other way around I guess. ;) Campaign-dissing has been going on since almost the beginning... I can't say much other than "ohhhhhhhhhh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease." :rolleyes:

Kludge
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Whoops, you missed the "Post Reply" button.

Jeremy
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
I know. I didn't want to bump the topic and I wanted this to actually be read. This is also a different topic. His thread bashes the campaign, mine defends it.

brandon
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow, this is the first time anyone has ever made a thread dedicated to me, i feel so honored. :) Anyway, I was half joking with what I said in the other thread. I by no means intended it to be a cogent analysis of what occured in pa, it was mostly humor. Paul did make a couple stops in our state, and they did play a handful of radio ads, although I never heard one. He only spent one day in pa, and made two stops that day. Not four visits.

The campaign does deserve to be dissed though. If they backed us financially in PA we could have won several more delegates.

Jeremy
04-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow, this is the first time anyone has ever made a thread dedicated to me, i feel so honored. :) Anyway, I was half joking with what I said in the other thread. I by no means intended it to be a cogent analysis of what occured in pa, it was mostly humor. Paul did make a couple stops in our state, and they did play a handful of radio ads, although I never heard one.

The campaign does deserve to be dissed though. If they backed us financially in PA we could have won several more delegates.

Maybe... but the money is also being saved to keep the campaign going as long as possible. You wouldn't see that from other candidates running which is why they have to drop out.

Conza88
04-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, this is the first time anyone has ever made a thread dedicated to me, i feel so honored. :) Anyway, I was half joking with what I said in the other thread. I by no means intended it to be a cogent analysis of what occured in pa, it was mostly humor. Paul did make a couple stops in our state, and they did play a handful of radio ads, although I never heard one. He only spent one day in pa, and made two stops that day. Not four visits.

Now concentrate on staying a Delegate. :)
Good luck.

OhioMichael
04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree with brandonyates that the campaign has done poorly. Why isn't Paul criticizing actions of the current government and challenging the stances of the presidential hopefuls? Why has he spent his money the way he has?

The campaign has failed us. I have not even seen press releases that show our point of view. Despite this failure, our way of thinking must be pushed to the forefront. We are the keepers of the constitution. Now, when the debate is about the price of oil, the declining dollar, and economic issues, we should be at the forefront. For have the most accurate understanding of economics. We have studied history and from this we learn the truth.

It is a shame that there is so much in-fighting and second guessing within the grass roots.. It was the grass roots that forced Dr. Paul into the media's eyes and it is the grassroots that is in shambles. The national campaign really failed us, but we have failed us more. It is time to stand up and reorganize, for we cannot cut and run.

We need to continue with our public education campaign. I urge all of you to become active in local politics. We can work our way up through the system. There is hope. People will find the truth.m

Jeremy
04-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Fighting? This is plain old talking. :D I understand that the internet can't show different tones, but still... don't exaggerate nonexistent drama. :p

mdh
04-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Dr. Paul visitting and speaking is great.

When it comes down to grunt work crap like name recognition, advertising, canvassing, and GOTV though (which the campaign did in NH and other states, and the grassroots took full responsibility for in PA), the grassroots has the national campaign licked.

Bradley in DC
04-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Maybe... but the money is also being saved to keep the campaign going as long as possible.

No it isn't. Why would you think that? Read the Am Con article for starters.