PDA

View Full Version : How we should spread the message of freedom and get Ron Paul in the white house

dude58677
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Campaign for Ron Paul even after the election and innaguration. This way people will see that we are serious about this guy and his message. By the time 2012 rolls around he be popular enough for a second run at the White House as well as candidates running on his message. Then the "lesser of the two evils" notion desolve.

Another way to look at it is that this is the offseason and we need to make offseason changes to bring home a championship. Isn't this what sports teams do when they are eliminated from contention?

yongrel
04-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Ron Paul is 72 years old. He will be 76 in 2012. Ain't happening.

Donate to BJ Lawson.

dude58677
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Ron Paul is 72 years old. He will be 76 in 2012. Ain't happening.

Donate to BJ Lawson.

That is why we need to look for a younger prospect to sign this coming off season who carries his message and get them to run as a Republican. Possibly his son.

We'll hand out Ron Paul slim jims the day after the November election. That will send a clear message.

We campaign his message for 2012 startiing today. It will get people to realize this is a revolution that hasn't ended.

TruthAtLast
04-24-2008, 07:16 PM
i agree that we need to start working for 2010 and 2012 as soon as this election is over. There is a lot of work to do and it will be easier to accomplish when the rest of the political opposition is relaxing.

But sending a "clear message" can be done 1000 different ways. Who are we sending this message to by handing out slim jims? Our enemies? They don't friggin care and I wouldn't want them to get the message anyway.

I'd rather stay under the radar as much as possible and continue to educate people, build an infrastructure, create lasting fund raising mechanisms (including an endowment system with sustainability), and begin our own home grown liberty candidate feeder system.

It is hard for someone with no experience to just jump into a Congressional race and expect to win, but if we had like a Minor Leagues of political liberty candidates where they can get mentored from others, help get them elected at local levels and then have the move up the ranks, we would always have a fresh (young) group of Liberty Republican leaders to keep the Movement replenished. They should be well versed on the Constitution (hell, memorize the darn thing). They should have great public speaking ability and we can even train people how to talk with the Media and how to handle debates. This type of media training is done all of the time in corporate America. Why wouldn't we have our candidates prepared to WIN.

We need to think LONG TERM (again, after this Presidential race is over).

Even if we took 200 Congressional seats in 2010 and the Presidency in 2012, how can we make sure that it isn't taken back four years later? We are talking about building the foundation of a REAL Revolution, not just a flash in the pan movement that comes and goes.

I'm willing to make this a life-long ambition and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

dude58677
04-24-2008, 07:21 PM
i agree that we need to start working for 2010 and 2012 as soon as this election is over. There is a lot of work to do and it will be easier to accomplish when the rest of the political opposition is relaxing.

But sending a "clear message" can be done 1000 different ways. Who are we sending this message to by handing out slim jims? Our enemies? They don't friggin care and I wouldn't want them to get the message anyway.

I'd rather stay under the radar as much as possible and continue to educate people, build an infrastructure, create lasting fund raising mechanisms (including an endowment system with sustainability), and begin our own home grown liberty candidate feeder system.

It is hard for someone with no experience to just jump into a Congressional race and expect to win, but if we had like a Minor Leagues of political liberty candidates where they can get mentored from others, help get them elected at local levels and then have the move up the ranks, we would always have a fresh (young) group of Liberty Republican leaders to keep the Movement replenished. They should be well versed on the Constitution (hell, memorize the darn thing). They should have great public speaking ability and we can even train people how to talk with the Media and how to handle debates. This type of media training is done all of the time in corporate America. Why wouldn't we have our candidates prepared to WIN.

We need to think LONG TERM (again, after this Presidential race is over).

Even if we took 200 Congressional seats in 2010 and the Presidency in 2012, how can we make sure that it isn't taken back four years later? We are talking about building the foundation of a REAL Revolution, not just a flash in the pan movement that comes and goes.

I'm willing to make this a life-long ambition and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Al right a farm system isa great idea but we can't have them run as libertarians, they need to run as Republicans. What organization will this be called? The "Ron Paul Revolution Foundation"?

torchbearer
04-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Mike Gravel is 78 and is running for Prez.
Who knows if a 76 year old Ron Paul can do it again.

TruthAtLast
04-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Al right a farm system isa great idea but we can't have them run as libertarians, they need to run as Republicans. What organization will this be called? The "Ron Paul Revolution Foundation"?

Yes, if it was within the Republican system, this could be accomplished much quicker.

I don't have all of the answers, but I have a lot of ideas and will soon be able to provide significant funding for the cause as well. But we need a collaborative solution.

I'd love to have a TCC meeting where freedom leaders, intellectuals, and major supporters from meetup groups from each state could come together to form an outline strategy and a general direction for the Movement long term and over the next 4 years. Stick these people in a room for 3-4 days and let us come up with the ideas needed to take back our country.

*By the way, in case you were wondering*

TCC = True Conservative Committee

or my favorite:

TCC = Third Continental Congress

-------------------------------------------------------