PDA

View Full Version : ***March on the National Convention Thread***

parke
04-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Source: (http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/04/24/ron-paul-revival-amid-gop-decline/)

Not only did he get 16% of the GOP vote in Pennsylvania — his best showing yet in a primary — but Ron Paul has also been quietly picking up delegates to the Republican National Convention, although Republican officialdom has tried to make matters as difficult as possible for Paul delegates at county and state conventions in places like Missouri and Minnesota. The steady grassroots progress of the Paul revolutionaries has GOP insider Patrick Ruffini very worried:

'Little will be decided by the delegates. Outwardly, their goal is to get Paul a speaking slot, which I imagine he’ll get, at 8:05 p.m. on Tuesday night.

But by far the biggest impact delegates can have is through floor demonstrations. In some ways, their reactions to the speeches set the tone for the convention, amplifying messages from the stage. Remember how Pat Buchanan enraptured the floor at the 1992 convention but lost the country? Or how the Texas delegates turned their backs on gay Republican Congressman Jim Kolbe in 2000? Now, imagine, Paul loyalists get 20-30% of the seats on the floor in St. Paul, controlling delegations like Missouri, with a significant presence in Minnesota, with closest promixity to the stage. Can the speakers safely voice a pro-victory message in Iraq without a significant amount of boos and catcalls? How will this look on television? And don’t forget, national conventions are also heaven for reporters trolling for off-message quotes from delegates.'

------
Ive commented on other threads about this. Think of this as our last stand of the year... Lets get behind it and get people there.

It gives us all the equivilant of a moneybomb to look forward to.

If it doesnt do anything else, it lets the locals know we are coming for their jobs. The Republican party will be the one to save this country. You bet your butt it will. Our supporters are willing to fight to keep 'that goddamn piece of paper'.

We have been shown by the media and the political process that we are not heard, welcome or allowed. We have seen our statesman be given absolute hisses from the media. Lies. Hitpieces. Smear...

Meanwhile our leader has remained steadfast and never flip flopped. He's never voted to steal our money or rights. He's never voted to kill our children needlessly. If he's not close to genius, I would be surprised. He's been a humanitarian his entire life and studied economics for 30+ yrs. He's served our country and to top if all off, he doesnt hate gooks.

Im proud to be a republican because of Ron Paul and Im not going anywhere. If that makes me 'crazy' to the current crop of scumbags in office and pundits on television so be it. I believe I am a patriot and anyone who would take our rights is a traitor or just stupid. Either way, the two combined are far to dangerous to our country.

We have one more chance to make some really big noise and get exposure. We have enough time to get a fire under the arses of the supporters we have. It could be a hell of a uniting experience for the future of our nation.

Anybody with me?

richardfortherepublic
04-24-2008, 06:08 PM
I would agree that a march on the convention would be much more affective. I'll be there.

parke
04-24-2008, 11:32 PM
just talked to my neighbors.. a couple of younger college kids.

Learned that even if we did march, we might not be able to show our support outside because of new laws.

Bye Bye Ms. American pie.

vanadium
04-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I *might* be up to this.

AJ Antimony
04-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I would agree that a march on the convention would be much more affective. I'll be there.

QFT

Patrick_Henry
04-25-2008, 12:32 AM
just talked to my neighbors.. a couple of younger college kids.

Learned that even if we did march, we might not be able to show our support outside because of new laws.

Bye Bye Ms. American pie.

What new laws? Do we care about these laws? We could just..go anyway. We just have to be ready for whatever consequences there are for disobeying the laws.

wgadget
04-25-2008, 07:22 AM
As Ron Paul says in his new book, "Peaceful civil disobedience." This is the perfect occasion.

speciallyblend
04-25-2008, 07:27 AM
I live in colorado and i might be able to drive to st paul. If anyone in colorado is interested in going and can help in gas etc ,then contact my id here;) I'll be on the outside unless they pick me as a volunteer;)

wgadget
04-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Check this out. GOP fears put into an article for our consumption and delight:

http://www.patrickruffini.com/2008/04/18/the-gop-and-the-six-million/

NCGOPer_for_Paul
04-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Forget about a march. Y'all won't get anywhere near the Xcel Energy Center.

My father in New Jersey, a loyal Republican, called the GOP in '04 asking about wanting to go to the Convention one night in NYC to hear a speaker he liked. They told him, "thanks for the support, but only credentialed delegates and press will be allowed near Madison Square Garden..security issues."

The best approach is keep winning delegates, and get Ron Paul a speaking slot.

8:05 on Tuesday night would be KILLER!! Of course, only C-Span and CNN would cover it, but it would set a tone. McCain would HAVE to respond.

jake
04-25-2008, 07:44 AM
"Eric Dondero says:

One should not confuse Ron Paul fanatics with Libertarian Republicans. The vast majority of Libertarian Republicans are opposed to Paul’s position on foreign policy, and fully support McCain’s Victory over Al Qaeda in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That said, McCain still has some work to do, winning support even amongst Pro-Defense Libertarians. His campaign has done nothing to reach out to Libertarian Republicans, and certainly not Libertarian Party members.

Bob Barr (or Wayne Root), as the Libertarian Nominee could steal a significant portion of McCain’s vote. Barr is already polling 2% in Zogby.

If McCain doesn’t do something quick to reach out to libertarian voters, they’ll vote Libertarian Party. The Libertarian Party National Convention is to be held in Denver in late May. The Republican Liberty Caucus (GOP’s libertarian wing) convention is set for September in Michigan.

Perhaps if McCain addressed both events he could win back significant libertarian support.

Eric Dondero, Publisher
MainstreamLibertarian..com
# April 19th, 2008 at 8:24 am"

wgadget
04-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Liberty Caucus convention in Michigan in September? Must be after the GOP national convention...

Gotta love ol' Eric Dondero...What a fool.

parke
04-29-2008, 12:39 AM
donderoo is a douche

qwerty
04-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Good idea! but before that http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134700

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

Tarzan
04-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Forget about a march. Y'all won't get anywhere near the Xcel Energy Center.

My father in New Jersey, a loyal Republican, called the GOP in '04 asking about wanting to go to the Convention one night in NYC to hear a speaker he liked. They told him, "thanks for the support, but only credentialed delegates and press will be allowed near Madison Square Garden..security issues."

The best approach is keep winning delegates, and get Ron Paul a speaking slot.

ABSOLUTELY!!! A grassroots event at the convention and/or in DC will serve almost NO purpose and achieve almost NO results. It everybody wants to get together (especially to support liberty candidates) it would be terrific to have a single event for the purpose... but NOT in St. Paul and NOT in DC.

If you really want something for the future then create your OWN event... not the tried and failed rehashes from the past. To have a successful Ron Paul Event (march, rally, whatever) it needs to be outside the box... with objectives that are achievable and in OUR best interest.

How many remember the Anti-Iraq War March in DC last year?
Most don't and most never heard of it... and around 100,000 participated

How many remember the Democratic Convention in 1968?
Go read what happened... and see how it made almost no difference in affecting positive change

If you insist on a rally/march make the event your own and do it somewhere other than in DC or St. Paul. If you would rather make a real difference and affect real change to the federal government; stay home and send the money you save on helping a liberty candidate get elected to congress.
(and volunteer some of your time and talents to their campaigns)
----------------
An Alternative Idea... go to Houston/Galveston...
Instead of wasting our time and money in DC... instead of being tasered in St. Paul... why not go to Galveston, Texas. Its in Ron Paul's district... they have a beach and are setup to handle large sized gatherings (think Spring Break)... the locals would be happy to see you (as opposed to DC)... you could have a combined rally/book buying event... everyone who comes buys Ron Paul's Manifesto and sets a book buying records. You don't have to pay the cops $50 something bucks per hour (each) to "secure" a march... you don't have to have a friend bail you out of a St. Paul holding cell... you could safely bring your family and hang out with Ron Paul folks, get organized, exchange ideas, meet new people and attach faces to forum handles... and, get some sun and go swimming.
Better than getting hot & sweaty and ignored in DC...
Better than getting Tasered and locked up in St. Paul...

Come on folks… come up with something new, clever and exciting that will help the Revolution… not some rehashed and failed efforts from the past that will damage or destroy it.

matthylland
05-22-2008, 12:20 AM
I will be driving up from NC hell or high water.

parke
05-23-2008, 09:53 PM
The REVOLUTION starts at the convention.

Get nervous you fucking traitors. We are pissed off Americans ready to let you know that your platform is bullshit. We will win. Not today, not tomorrow.... but we will win.

REVOLUTION!!!!!

Steven Vincent
05-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Ron Paul Will Lead Freedom Walk '08: Green Bay to Minneapolis-St. Paul
Yesterday Ron Paul appeared in San Diego for a private brunch followed by a rally and book signing. I was fortunate to be in attendance. I had been discussing an idea for a “Freedom Walk” from Green Bay, WI to Minneapolis with members of the Ron Paul activist community, and availed myself of the opportunity to talk about the idea with Dr. Paul and several members of his staff.

Dr. Paul loves the idea of a Freedom Walk to the Republican National convention host city and has agreed to lead us into the city for the last portion of the Walk!

Can you envision Dr. Paul leading a peaceful, organized force of 25,000 friends of freedom into the city, converging at a rally where a like number of liberty lovers are gathered? It turns out that Congressman Paul has been planning for and is very desirous to see a substantial rally in Minneapolis coincident with the RNC. The idea of a Freedom Walk dovetails very nicely with the campaign’s plans for a big rally. It also coincides with Ron Paul’s plan to announce at that place and time his new Foundation which will carry the Freedom Movement forward after the RNC.

Dr. Paul is also very adamant that this be a peaceful, non-violent, positive exercise in Freedom. I would like to note that he has often spoken of the example of Gandhi and non-violent civil disobedience. The proposed walk would be roughly the same distance and take the same number of days as Gandhi’s Salt March which led to the independence of India from British colonialism (and which was the beginning of a campaign of civil disobedience against an UNFAIR TAX on the production of salt).

The specifics of this Walk and rally are in the development stage. The current conception is this:

-Walk begins in Green Bay, WI at Lambeau Field on August 11 at the Packers’ Monday Night Football home season opener. Ron Paul leads us on the first few miles “kick off” the Walk.

-Gandhi started with 87 walkers committed to going the distance...we will start with no less than this number committed to walking the heartland of America for 251 miles and 3 weeks.

-There will be a logistical team to manage food, water, supplies, belongings, sleeping arrangements ect for the walkers. There will be a medical team.

-There will be a money bomb to raise funds for the project including assisting walkers with their expenses.

-Walkers will be Ambassadors of Liberty, distributing literature and talking to citizens in the dozens of towns they will pass through on the route. Some of the larger cities we will pass through include Wausau and Eau Claire.

-Ron Paul rejoins the Walk for the last leg leading a peaceful force of 25,000 into St. Paul 3 weeks later converging at a rally. Ron Paul announces his new Foundation.

-There is also the idea of holding a “Constitutionalist Convention” in a hotel ballroom parallel to the RNC. We will gather to meet, draft and vote on resolutions, form committees of Dr. Paul’s new organization and conduct similar business.
It is hoped that the July 12 rally and July 13 Convention in Washington DC will be precursors to and prepare the ground for the Minneapolis events. It is not meant to replace those events or efforts or be in competition.

A number of Ron Paul organizers and Freedom activists across the country are already on board with the general thrust of this plan. Please be a part of developing, shaping and putting into practice this vision. We hope that you can see the huge potential here and want to act on it and be a part of it. An organizing committee is forming now.

There will be a teleconference to discuss this on Monday night:
1 (605) 475-6006 code 281430

Please go here to sign up to get involved: http://www.jotform.com/form/81445006676

Please go here to join the Meetup set up for this purpose (all are welcome and it is open): http://www.RonPaul.Meetup.com/363

Oyate
05-27-2008, 03:36 AM
http://www.revolutionmarch.com/logistics/rncPosition.aspx

parke
06-05-2008, 12:03 AM
wow. good responses... BUMP