PDA

View Full Version : Something I've been considering...thoughts?

pinkmandy
04-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I've been considering setting up an autoresponder and then filling it w/good articles. Not pushing RP (maybe not until I've provided enough info for them to open their eyes). This is something I would advertise across the country in cheap papers (and online of course) with short ads to get people signed up. Then start an education process with them...what do you think? I could keep them updated on happenings outside of the MSM while giving them the info they need so they can see what is happening in our country. I just want to do "my part" in really spreading this message and we need to reach more people. I could even do contests for more referrals and stuff like that so the subscribers could help spread the message, too. I think it would be easier than a website (I'm not techie like that and would be able to stay current easier- I can use the autoresponder to point them to your sites, though) plus I'd have a good number on how many I'm reaching....

What are your thoughts? And, of course, I'd take any help I can get on articles and such. I'll also be sure to promote our different sites, pacs, etc. once it gets rolling.

pinkmandy
04-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Nothing? I plan on advertising in www.nationwideclassifieds.com. I think if my ad says "you have been lied to" or something like that it might get some attention. We need to educate the masses, this is just one little way I can help in my own way. Not perfect, not an end all by any means, just one project out of many others that may reach some people.

I've used the classifieds site with great success in the past while marketing for myself.

brandon
04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
What is an autoresponder?

Please don't tell me "something that responds automatically", I'm more interested in the "something" part.

pinkmandy
04-24-2008, 06:54 PM

Please don't tell me "something that responds automatically", I'm more interested in the "something" part.

Basically that, lol. My ad would ask people to send an email to xxxx@whatever.com to find out more. Once that happens, they would be on my mailing list. I can set up a series of scheduled emails to go out to all subscribers, say, every 3 days with something different. Or I don't have to schedule them and can send out emails at will when something important pops up. It's just putting together mailing list really and informing them. Like a newsletter.

ronpaulhawaii
04-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I like the "we are being lied to" ad idea

Joseph Hart
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM

WOOT! Keep up the good efforts guys! YAYAYAYY!!!1!!!!1111!! Ron Paul!!!! /cheer

Kludge
04-24-2008, 06:59 PM
I like the "we are being lied to" ad idea

I don't =P

I know that as a former Neocon, I was pretty adamantly opposed to gov't corruption.... Or rather - it's existence. I think pushing a less.... loud libertarian-conservative message would be more effective.

Otherwise, I think it's a hell of a good idea and may be interested in writing/advertising this summer if you wanted help with it.

pinkmandy
04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
We are being lied to would just be one ad. Say I used that line in an ad in Oregon. Perhaps in an ad in Mississippi I could do an ad that says "The REAL reason we still have Roe v. Wade", kwim? I'm talking dozens upon dozens of ads, tweaking to see what works best where. I would have to target the ads like that. At the ad site I mentioned above you seriously place a 15 word ad in a local weekly shopper (print) in any town, state you choose for usually under $5. Locals read those things and if I can find catch phrases for different regions just to get them to send that email to find out more...