PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul to speak at National Convention? Hope so

surf
04-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Little will be decided by the delegates. Outwardly, their goal is to get Paul a speaking slot, which I imagine he’ll get, at 8:05 p.m. on Tuesday night.

As found on Lew Rockwell: http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/04/24/ron-paul-revival-amid-gop-decline/

freedom-maniac
04-24-2008, 04:08 PM
He has to win at least 5 states to be guaranteed to speak.

Daniel McCarthy
04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Under the present rules for the convention, RP would need a majority of delegates from at least five states in order to be nominated at the convention (and get an opportunity to speak by nominating himself). But there are other ways that he can get a proper speaking slot. I'm more skeptical than Ruffini is that he'll get one, but the fact that an establishment goon like Ruffini thinks it will happen is suggestive. Basically, McCain and the party bosses are evil, but they're not stupid, and they don't want any more hostility or negativity at the convention than necessary. If giving RP a speaking slot (under strict conditions, of course) would placate RP delegates, the powers that be might consider it.

What would Dr. Paul have to agree to in order to get that opportunity? I don't know -- he won't endorse McCain, and that may be the dealbreaker right there. Then again, McCain might accept something short of an endorsement, if it would prevent a nasty scene at the convention. So who knows? All I can say is that the more delegates RP wins, the stronger his hand in all of this. So keep up the great work at the county, district, and state conventions...

p.s. My byline up above still says I'm the campaign's Internet Communications Coordinator. I'm not anymore -- I'm back at The American Conservative magazine. And my thoughts in this post are just my own. I'll ask the site admins to remove my "campaign official" status.

Feelgood
04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Well how in the hell can you meet these requirements, when the SOB's steal elections? Louisiana is a prime example...

SeanEdwards
04-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Of course the GOP won't let Paul speak. Are you joking?

nate895
04-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Well how in the hell can you meet these requirements, when the SOB's steal elections? Louisiana is a prime example...

We only need the delegates.

sharkcity
06-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I'll likely vote Barr or Obama..This 3 trillion dollar war will turn into a 8 trillion dollar one if turncoat McCain is elected but realistically I doubt he has a chance if Obama can keep the dum bass Democrats like Reid inline

sharkcity
06-05-2008, 06:03 PM
McCain banner ads on this site?? I'm outta here..Bye

crazyfingers
06-05-2008, 06:22 PM
McCain banner ads on this site?? I'm outta here..Bye

It's Google adsense. It's all automatic; the owners of RPF have no say in what ads are displayed.

As for Paul speaking at the convention, I read recently that it will only happen if he drops out and endorses McCain. So much for that, I guess. I think the campaign is organizing a rally for near the convention hall.

Akus
06-05-2008, 06:25 PM
He has to win at least 5 states to be guaranteed to speak.

how many states have we won so far?:confused:

Imperial
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
We MIGHT take Montana coming up.
We MIGHT take Nevada coming up.

We SHOULD have taken Louisiana, but we DIDN'T cause the republicans screwed us over.

So, we are screwed. Sorry:mad:

Ozwest
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Of course the GOP won't let Paul speak. Are you joking?
What??????

The Republican Party embraces Ron Paul...

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
It's Google adsense. It's all automatic; the owners of RPF have no say in what ads are displayed.Incorrect. The owners do have a way of blocking out specific ads using the "competitive ad filter". But unfortunately they must see the ads appear on the site before they know which ones to ad to the reject list.

kahless
06-12-2008, 07:30 AM
It's Google adsense. It's all automatic; the owners of RPF have no say in what ads are displayed.

As for Paul speaking at the convention, I read recently that it will only happen if he drops out and endorses McCain. So much for that, I guess. I think the campaign is organizing a rally for near the convention hall.

I use Adsense on my sites and it does allow you to block specific Ads by keyword or website.