PDA

View Full Version : Should we really be worried about the Republican Party?

hotbrownsauce
04-23-2008, 11:25 PM
The revolution is about philosophy, the philosophy that made our country great at one time. The philosophy that freed a nation. The philosophy our constitution is based upon. The revolution is about real Federalism, States Rights, Republicanism, Unitarianism, Unalienable Rights, and Self Reliance / Responsibility.The republican party at times has stood for some of these ideas.

These are some thoughts that are tossed around in my head and I don't know whether or not to talk about them. But I can't figure it out easily. We know we want to win this fight right? I mean which one of us doesn't? We know what is at stake... we aren't dumb.

So should we really be supporting the Republican party? (I am not saying we shouldn't I want an intelligent discussion.) Ron Paul has admitted time and time again and implied time and time again (and actually done so) run as a 3rd party. But the deck is stacked against him. He knows he has to use the Republican name to even get where he got. He wants to continue this revolution, we want to also. He wants to pave the way for more like minded people to run for office and get involved which he has done. We have accomplished a lot.

While in the Republican party he is picked on as not being a republican. He is some type of kook and he is too much of a rebel for the status quo. I mean even the people who support the republican party don't want us there. I and others have many stories about what happened at the caucuses, where they basically railroaded us. Everything is stacked against us, everything! We know and expect that. (DUH!)

I'm just saying, do we really want to change the republican party? He hasn't spent as much time talking about taking over the republican party as much as he has and is dedicated to the freedom philosophy.

Lets face it, I don't think we know of anyone as credible as Ron Paul. This is our last hope for a long time. I mean "last hope" in the sense that we aren't going to have someone as great as him paving the way for a while. He is 72 years old do you think he could really run as president at 76? Sure he could but we know how the masses think. I'm not getting my hopes up for 4 years from now. Should Ron Paul run outside of the republican party to continue his bid for presidency? You know many times I think he shouldn't. But I think about it... he doesn't have much to lose. He is heading for retirement soon. (he is 72!) We need hope and I need him to say "I don't care about politics. I don't care about anything but this country and if it means abandoning the Republican party once again to run for president I'm willing to do that. I stand up here for every man women and child as a statesmen. You all want change and that is all we hear.. Change change change. What do they mean by change? I talk about real change (list of things like abolishing IRS etc etc.). Even if I don't win I want you to hear me because these ideas are worth more than my presidency. This is where our country is heading.... (etc etc etc)."

I think it would be the bravest thing for Ron Paul to keep going and stand up against the media black out. He would probably become a hero for many of us.

There is no right answer here. He is playing it safe, then playing it safe more and more, why not stick your head out of the window and yell "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!"

I know many people who want to vote for Ron Paul... I mean a lot in which didn't vote in the primaries ask yourself this "what if we kept this momentum going?" I really just want to stick Ron Paul's name in front of the medias face.
Hey hey, ho ho,
ron paul will not go
Hey hey, ho ho,
ron paul will not go

Broadlighter
04-24-2008, 12:46 AM
The Republican Party has traditionally been the small government party, but it has become a top-down, dictatorial monster. Philosophy is well and good but you can't win fair and square when the opponent, whether it is the GOP establishment or the Democrats, aren't willing to play by the rules.

It's going to take on a different kind of approach and I'm not sure what it will look like. Most people really want a fair and honest system of government, but they've been beaten down to accept win-at-all-costs politics.

Knightskye
04-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Not in its current form, but what it can become with our hard work. Taking it over.

Tarzan
04-24-2008, 01:20 AM
The reality is that we are a two party nation. At least, that is the way most people vote. Over time it may be possible to change this. But, the need is too urgent NOW. We need to take over and transform the Republican party and use that as our launching platform to retake our government and restore the Constitution.

We may not have much time left with the growing economic problems. We cannot wait for the time it would take to create a viable third party. Taking over the GOP is a more immediate and attainable goal.

From that launching platform, and by changing the current character of the GOP, we could better explain "the message" especially as to how it relates to people's daily lives. We can start now by supporting Constitutional candidates for congress... then, search our own congressional districts and groom candidates to run in two years... do the same in four years. From these folks we may find a viable Presidential candidate for the future.

With a majority of constitutionally minded congressmen in DC we could make real changes to our federal government. The GOP is the platform from which to do this. There WILL be a fight... it will not be easy. The folks with the power will not want to give it up easily. But this is the fight on which we need to focus.

NH4RonPaul
04-24-2008, 03:16 AM
The two party stuff doesn't mean d*ck these days!

Just take a group like the ONE.org campaign for example. There are SO MANY GROUPS LIKE THEM but I just posted something they did to misrepresent Ron Paul on their website.

I am disgusted to think that we have REPUBLICANS who actually DO support this UN crap. I mean does it make you feel like we are spitting into the wind or what?

McCain is funded by Soros, has a "reconquista" on his staff, and recently gave a speech to the WAC/CFR conceding to world government that would curl your hair. But the rest of the GOP presidential candidates and even our own 80% Senator, support the ONE campaign? The UN Millenium Development Goals? Gimme a break! That's about as opposite of any Republican goals as you can get and about as Anti-American as you can get.

We are in BIG trouble if we don't find someone to get us out of the UN, and get the Feds out of our schools to stop promoting and enforcing the UN agenda via the curriculum. What is the point in being a Republican these days at any level in government? Where are the pro-Americans?

The Republican Party needs to be TAKEN OVER and returned to the party that seeks to PRESERVE the Republic, not the party that stands with the DEMOCRATS and the UN.

I'm for overthrow.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LibertyEagle
04-24-2008, 04:12 AM
McCain is funded by Soros, has a "reconquista" on his staff, and recently gave a speech to the WAC/CFR conceding to world government that would curl your hair. But the rest of the GOP presidential candidates and even our own 80% Senator, support the ONE campaign? The UN Millenium Development Goals? Gimme a break! That's about as opposite of any Republican goals as you can get and about as Anti-American as you can get.

We are in BIG trouble if we don't find someone to get us out of the UN, and get the Feds out of our schools to stop promoting and enforcing the UN agenda via the curriculum. What is the point in being a Republican these days at any level in government? Where are the pro-Americans?

From what I can tell, most people don't know this stuff about McCain. It's not like it's talked about much.