PDA

View Full Version : Bush about to hand $1 Billion to Mexico for drug war

SeanEdwards
08-21-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/americas/mexico/4864.html

WASHINGTON -- Mexican President Felipe Calderón, locked in a bloody confrontation with drug cartels, is negotiating a counter-drug aid package with the Bush administration worth hundreds of millions of dollars, say several U.S. officials familiar with the discussions.

Officials on both sides are working out the details of a package that resembles a similar plan for Colombia. The talks have been taking place quietly for several months and will be a central item on the agenda Aug. 20-21 when President Bush and Calderón are expected to meet in Québec.

CurtisLow
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Crazy! Just crazy....

hard@work
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll make sure all the homeless vets in my hometown that are struggling with addiction get this printout.

Kregener
08-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I could go down to the border with a rifle and do more to stop drug trafficking from Mexico than throwing billions at it will ever do.

Mexican officials will end up with most of this money in hidden bank accounts.

Mexico is a Marxist craphole and government corruption is completely off the charts.

The "War" on Drugs is a sham and a freedom and money pit.

DahuiHeeNalu
08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
No Drug Wars!!!!!

Texan4Life
08-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I could go down to the border with a rifle and do more to stop drug trafficking from Mexico than throwing billions at it will ever do.

Mexican officials will end up with most of this money in hidden bank accounts.

Mexico is a Marxist craphole and government corruption is completely off the charts.

The "War" on Drugs is a sham and a freedom and money pit.

Well said.

RJB
08-21-2007, 08:02 PM
I bet most of that money will be funneled through the Mexican government down to the drug cartels themselves.