PDA

View Full Version : I need a TV commercial for WV...

mdh
04-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey folks,
I need a TV commercial for West Virginia. My PAC will be buying airtime on the Speed network in the two weeks leading up to the primary here. The commercial must be PAC-friendly, promote our goals, and mention "Paid for by Liberty Racing PAC" at the bottom of course. Thanks!!! If you're able to develop this, please contact me via email to matt at libertyracingpac d.o.t org

You can check us out at http://www.libertyracingpac.org/ - we're not set up to take donations right now, but we have a bunch of money in the bank for this endeavour.

mountaineer
04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi Matt, its Nic, one of the Morgantown meet up friends. Have you seen the High Tide ad? That would be cool to see on TV..

hillertexas
04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Matt, its Nic, one of the Morgantown meet up friends. Have you seen the High Tide ad? That would be cool to see on TV..

+1

Tarzan
04-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Not trying to be rude here... but, WV only has 9 delegates left up for grabs. Would it be better for target the spots in one of the remaining states with more delegates?

Maybe North Carolina (69), Kentucky (45), South Dakota (27) or one of the other remaining states. They appear to be making some good headway in SD with billboards. Perhaps this would be a good mixed media effort and help the folks in SD.

Unless a state is a "winner take all" the larger delegate count seems to be a better target to me. Just a thought for trying to get the "most bang for the buck".

I would recommend against using the "high tide" ad. From a marketing perspective it is too long and therefore expensive to run. It also does not have a message that targets the general voting public. It is more for insiders already familiar with the message. An entirely new spot is needed with todays current major issue (the economy) and makes it clear that RP is still running and the voters have a real choice... contrast him to McCain.

adam1mc
04-23-2008, 01:38 PM
If you need a commercial, there is only 1. The High Tide promo.

TruthAtLast
04-23-2008, 01:41 PM
If you need a commercial, there is only 1. The High Tide promo.

Yep.

Here you go: http://hightidepromo.com/

mdh
04-23-2008, 01:46 PM
We already have won national delegates in WV, plus it's my own home state.

mountaineer, I'm trying to get info on Morgantown rates right now... on hold with Comcast... Suddenlink is so much easier to deal with than Comcast. :(

As far as the high tide ad, it'd need to be cut down. TV ad buys are generally for 30 seconds or 60 seconds, with 60 second ads costing twice as much. My target is 30 seconds.

As far as advertising in other states, those will be under consideration as well, and in fact my WV advertising will possibly bleed into KY.

MelissaWV
04-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Not trying to be rude here... but, WV only has 9 delegates left up for grabs. Would it be better for target the spots in one of the remaining states with more delegates?

Maybe North Carolina (69), Kentucky (45), South Dakota (27) or one of the other remaining states. They appear to be making some good headway in SD with billboards. Perhaps this would be a good mixed media effort and help the folks in SD.

Unless a state is a "winner take all" the larger delegate count seems to be a better target to me. Just a thought for trying to get the "most bang for the buck".

I would recommend against using the "high tide" ad. From a marketing perspective it is too long and therefore expensive to run. It also does not have a message that targets the general voting public. It is more for insiders already familiar with the message. An entirely new spot is needed with todays current major issue (the economy) that also states that RP is still running and the voters have a real choice.

In some areas a 30 second TV spot costs around $9. :D It seems like we spent more than that on gas getting to and from a sign-waving earlier in the week :) Also, WV has shown a reasonably large proportion of its "Republicans" to be Ron Paul supporters. The showing at the GOP Convention was heartening. Since Huckabee won that vote, it stands to reason there are voters out there in this state who don't know what to do, and who might be thinking McCain has it "all tied up". For that cost, I find it's a pretty good investment?

As he stated just now mdh is also looking into what other markets might cost :) This isn't a request for monetary donations it's a request to see if the Grassroots talent can pull out a brief commercial, and in fact most commercials for WV would be great throughout these Appalachian states (NC I'm looking at you)

mdh
04-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Let me give you guys a little more information...

My target demographics are non-voting conservatives, and conservatives who do not like McCain. Key issues are the economy, jobs, and the second amendment. The only other issue that does extremely well here is marijuana legalization, but only in the Morgantown market, and it's hard to mesh that with the rest... :p

tajitj
04-23-2008, 04:50 PM
So how is that going with Huck saying his peole did not cut a deal. Now that he is out what is West Virginia doing.

Highland
04-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey folks,
I need a TV commercial for West Virginia. My PAC will be buying airtime on the Speed network in the two weeks leading up to the primary here. The commercial must be PAC-friendly, promote our goals, and mention "Paid for by Liberty Racing PAC" at the bottom of course. Thanks!!! If you're able to develop this, please contact me via email to matt at libertyracingpac d.o.t org

You can check us out at http://www.libertyracingpac.org/ - we're not set up to take donations right now, but we have a bunch of money in the bank for this endeavour.

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad

Download any of them for free and take to your local TV and Radio stations.

mdh
04-23-2008, 07:25 PM
So how is that going with Huck saying his peole did not cut a deal. Now that he is out what is West Virginia doing.

You'd have to ask the national campaign about the Huckabee deal. They chose to take it over from the grassroots folks including myself who were involved in making it.

mdh
04-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I need some help with developing the ad, still. I'm going for a certain demographic here, and I just don't feel like High Tide hits it.

Highland, I don't see any downloads on the page you linked...