PDA

View Full Version : Republican, THE NEW AIDS :( We are a disease:(

speciallyblend
04-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Well from almost every republican i know. It has now become a disease to be a republican. It's embarrassing to even mention your republican in public. You get the same reaction as aids patients did . When they told people they had aids(republican) people would scatter or go im sorry:( this is a very common reaction from many primary voters and regular people..... WE CAN THANK THE GOP for becoming the new Aids Disease...... I dare anyone to admit they are republican in public around people and see if you dont get that look of having a disease,sad but true... I'm a Republican. I have the new disease called Republican. I am a Clean Republican,but i might as well have aids if i mention im a republican. Hell I'm ashamed to be a Republican.

I have to spend like 10-20 minutes explaining that im not a republican like bush,but hey once you mention your a republican. dont be surprised when your treated like a diseased republican..... maybe we can change this perception in 4 yrs but the republican party(aka GOP) have destroyed this party...... the gop is dead in the water with mccain..

Registered Republican. I want a cure, RON PAUL 2008 ,but sadly the msm/gop will not give us the cure,so expect to be treated like a new disease. I dont blame people. I BLAME THE GOP.........

Most republicans i called in my counties have no intention of even voting republican. I assume mccains base is the democratic party not us. Though i havent found one democrat that intends on voting for mccain? so i assume the republicans are gonna bring in iraqi voters to win?? (sarcasm) i guess the gop is deaf dumb and blind to their own base. They can ignore all the way to a loss in the general election. THE GOP DISGUSTS ME........

G-Wohl
04-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Time to join the Libertarian Party - a party that actually endorses the Ron Paul philosophy.

I'd be embarrassed to join a party made up of religious zealots that act like Democrats too.

Kade
04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Well from almost every republican i know. It has now become a disease to be a republican. It's embarrassing to even mention your republican in public. You get the same reaction as aids patients did . When they told people they had aids(republican) people would scatter or go im sorry:( this is a very common reaction from many primary voters and regular people..... WE CAN THANK THE GOP for becoming the new Aids Disease...... I dare anyone to admit they are republican in public around people and see if you dont get that look of having a disease,sad but true... I'm a Republican. i have the new disease called Republican. I am a Clean Republican,but i might as well have aids if i mention im a republican. Hell I'm ashamed to be a Republican.

I have to spend like 10-20 minutes explaining that im not a republican like bush,but hey once you mention your a republican. dont be surprised when your treated like a diseased republican..... maybe we can change this perception in 4 yrs but the republican party(aka GOP) have destroyed this party...... the gop is dead in the water with mccain..

Registered Republican. I want a cure, RON PAUL 2008 ,but sadly the msm will not give us the cure,so expect to be treated like a new disease. I dont blame people. I BLAME THE GOP.........

Most republicans i called in my counties have no intention of even voting republican. I assume mccains base is the democratic party not us. Though i havent found one democrat that intends on voting for mccain? so i assume the republicans are gonna bring in iraqi voters to win?? (sarcasm) i guess the gop is deaf dumb and blind to their own base. They can ignore all the way to a loss in the general election. THE GOP DISGUSTS ME........

The GOP is a disease. They have crippled this country.
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3539.html

On top of this, people will not vote for Paul because of how much unbelievable trash comes with the GOP baggage.

People still vote GOP, because they want to force their social policies on people, because they are afraid to sleep at night, and because their religious leaders tell them to on tax-exempt pulpits.

brandon
04-23-2008, 12:30 PM
HA! Try wearing a name tag that say\s "GOP POLL WATCHER" and talking with thousands of raving Obama and Clinton people for 12 hours straight. Thats what I did yesterday.

ronpaulhawaii
04-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Time to join the Libertarian Party - a party that actually endorses the Ron Paul philosophy.

I'd be embarrassed to join a party made up of religious zealots that act like Democrats too.

If the LP actually endorsed RP's philosophy, they would follow his lead into the GOP

speciallyblend
04-23-2008, 12:33 PM
HA! Try wearing a name tag that say\s "GOP POLL WATCHER" and talking with thousands of raving Obama and Clinton people for 12 hours straight. Thats what I did yesterday.

some of your posts and others made me think about this post. It's so true, really the gop is clueless to how bad it will be for them in the general....

speciallyblend
04-23-2008, 12:36 PM
If the LP actually endorsed RP's philosophy, they would follow his lead into the GOP

though i understand why he mentioned the LP. I have voted for LP people before. i tried to follow ron pauls plan to the key. It's not over yet but if Ron Paul doesnt make it in the republican convention, then i have no vote for the republican party.....

ronpaulhawaii
04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
though i understand why he mentioned the LP. I have voted for LP people before. i tried to follow ron pauls plan to the key. It's not over yet but if Ron Paul doesnt make it in the republican convention, then i have no vote for the republican party.....

I will stay GOP, but will probably give my prez vote to a 3rd party. You gotta be in it to win it...

liberteebell
04-23-2008, 12:44 PM
some of your posts and others made me think about this post. It's so true, really the gop is clueless to how bad it will be for them in the general....

They are in absolute complete and total denial about the incredible amount of damage that has been done to the republican name by jorge dubya booosh and all the other republicans in congress who have their heads so far up his a$$, they'll never see the light of day.

They're losing everywhere and they'll continue to lose unless they reverse course completely and return to their stated principles. And with all the fights we've recently witnessed, I don't know that it's going to happen any time soon.

Not the joining type in the first place, I hate admitting I'm a republican. I receive the same response as you.

G-Wohl
04-23-2008, 12:46 PM

That's just nonsense. If you're going to make a claim like this, you better be able to back it up - which you didn't do.

Perhaps if RP were the end-all-be-all of the GOP, this would be the case. However, Ron Paul isn't a Republican anymore - end of story. He is registered as one, but the platform simply doesn't support his positions anymore. I mean, come on - the very first thing the GOP platform discusses is "Winning the War on Terror."

The GOP is no longer reliable. It doesn't promote peace, freedom, or liberty anymore. Republicans many decades ago would have been prone to agreeing with RP's philosophy, but today this simply isn't the case. The Libertarian Party is the largest body of people that think like Ron Paul, and having a couple of "Ron Paul Republicans" entering the congress will not change that fact. Our 2-party system of falsity and bureaucracy will effectively crush any RP Republican's standing in the Congress.

It's time we finally begin to reconstruct our values within a new party. The Libertarian Party has the potential to do very well, especially if the GOP keeps on getting more and more unpopular as we are seeing these days. Believe me: warmongering, homophobia, religious zealotry, and hypocrisy are not popular with the American people.

speciallyblend
04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
They are in absolute complete and total denial about the incredible amount of damage that has been done to the republican name by jorge dubya booosh and all the other republicans in congress who have their heads so far up his a$$, they'll never see the light of day.

They're losing everywhere and they'll continue to lose unless they reverse course completely and return to their stated principles. And with all the fights we've recently witnessed, I don't know that it's going to happen any time soon.

Not the joining type in the first place, I hate admitting I'm a republican. I receive the same response as you.

this is the common reaction. sad but true

acptulsa
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
They're losing everywhere and they'll continue to lose unless they reverse course completely and return to their stated principles.

I want to know where they're finding the respondants to these polls that show McCain and Democrat x or y in a dead heat.

ronpaulhawaii
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
That's just nonsense. If you're going to make a claim like this, you better be able to back it up - which you didn't do.

Perhaps if RP were the end-all-be-all of the GOP, this would be the case. However, Ron Paul isn't a Republican anymore - end of story. He is registered as one, but the platform simply doesn't support his positions anymore. I mean, come on - the very first thing the GOP platform discusses is "Winning the War on Terror."

The GOP is no longer reliable. It doesn't promote peace, freedom, or liberty anymore. Republicans many decades ago would have been prone to agreeing with RP's philosophy, but today this simply isn't the case. The Libertarian Party is the largest body of people that think like Ron Paul, and having a couple of "Ron Paul Republicans" entering the congress will not change that fact. Our 2-party system of falsity and bureaucracy will effectively crush any RP Republican's standing in the Congress.

It's time we finally begin to reconstruct our values within a new party. The Libertarian Party has the potential to do very well, especially if the GOP keeps on getting more and more unpopular as we are seeing these days. Believe me: warmongering, homophobia, religious zealotry, and hypocrisy are not popular with the American people.

I feel little need to "back up" the obvious. If RP thought a mass movement to the LP was the best way to achieve our goals, he would have hinted at that. As it IS, the r3VOLution is starting in the GOP because that is where he has led us. Face the facts!

I kinda feel sorry for the LP folk who thought this was gonna turn out differently, but it hasn't. RP is GOP and is leading us in the most direct route to our goals. Stay the course...

Jason726
04-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Yea, I was handing our ballots for about 8 hours yesterday, and after I asked one guy if he was republican, he said" no way, I'm not voting for the nazi party.

But I know how you feel, because it seemed like every other dem was saying that same thing in their heads.

JS4Pat
04-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Yup - It's time to add a sprinkle of pragmatism to all that principle! :D

In 1999 I vowed NEVER to return to the GOP - but after witnessing just how bad the deck has been stacked against activists outside the 2 party system - I see it as the only logical strategy.

liberteebell
04-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I want to know where they're finding the respondants to these polls that show McCain and Democrat x or y in a dead heat.

So do I. I know I'm a focus group of one but in all my campaigning for Ron Paul, and I talked to several boatloads of people, by far the biggest negative was that he is a republican. Many, many people simply shoved the materials back in my face, often along with some very unkind words about republicans and specifically boosh/cheeeny.

And now we're supposed to believe that all these people are supporting mcwar?? It sure makes me think things are rigged, Big Time.

A Ron Paul Rebel
04-24-2008, 02:37 PM
"I'm NOT a republican, I just voted for Ron Paul!"

Any label confines, restricts and limits.

madRazor
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM

They are fabricated polls to match the fabricated election results come November.

angelatc
04-24-2008, 04:09 PM

I will not celebrate an Obama / Clinton win, but I will be pretty happy if McCain gets slaughtered at the polls.

spacehabitats
04-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Well from almost every republican i know. It has now become a disease to be a republican. It's embarrassing to even mention your republican in public. You get the same reaction as aids patients did . When they told people they had aids(republican) people would scatter or go im sorry:( this is a very common reaction from many primary voters and regular people..... WE CAN THANK THE GOP for becoming the new Aids Disease...... I dare anyone to admit they are republican in public around people and see if you dont get that look of having a disease,sad but true... I'm a Republican. I have the new disease called Republican. I am a Clean Republican,but i might as well have aids if i mention im a republican. Hell I'm ashamed to be a Republican.

Registered Republican. I want a cure, RON PAUL 2008 ,but sadly the msm/gop will not give us the cure,so expect to be treated like a new disease. I dont blame people. I BLAME THE GOP.........

You might as well blame "Americans" or "Christians" or "the middle class".
The Republican party has been hijacked by the NeoCons. Most of the rank and file are secretly sickened by what is happening to our country but have been brainwashed (just like most of the Democrats) into believing that it is a partisan problem.

No matter what party you join, you will still have to educate and convert these same people to win our country back.

Sorry Libertarians, as much as I would like to join your party, whose members already are obviously much more enlightened, I feel that this only delays the inevitable.

By all means though, If someone does not have the stomach for dealing with a lot of well-meaning but clueless people, they should go ahead and join the Libertarian Party. Better that than becoming completely discouraged and dropping out of the movement.