PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Coming to NC...

FireofLiberty
04-23-2008, 11:59 AM
So I think it's pretty safe to say that the cat is out of the bag and Ron will be coming to Duke and UNC on May, 2nd.

rancher89
04-23-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm glad he'll be there to support BJ, too bad the venues are so small and there will be admission charge. I bet there will be plenty of people outside tho!!

AgentPaul001
04-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Man I want to go so bad, however I've got exams that day, and doing well is somewhat important :P

MozoVote
04-24-2008, 05:15 AM
I'd be more concerned that the "fan base" will snap up the 500 seats and squeeze out new people. Maybe everyone that buys a ticket should make an effort to bring a new person to the speech and get them in.

Bossobass
04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
I've waited more than a year for this one.

I'll be heading to Raleigh-Durham for the weekend and bringing 12 people with me (so far).

I'll also be calling in the favor from those who we ardently supported in South Carolina during their many events across their state last year.

I don't see why we cant flood that venue with 5K or more people, signs, traffic jams, loud cheers and get this election on the map for the following Tuesday.

If less than 1,000 people show up, I'll be one disappointed man who has logged almost 10,000 miles across 5 states, donated $50 OVER the maximum allowed, attended 14 events, sign waved, canvassed, ran a phone bank, converted 50 Dems in Pa, in the bluest county on earth, made YT vids, designed and sold T-Shirts to donate to other state's efforts, signed my vehicles, drove, bussed and flew unknown supporters into other states, sported RP apparel in all weather, became a NC delegate (along with my whole family) and followed this campaign on a by-the-minute basis since March 2007.

I run a business and my wife spent 6 days on life support and 2 months in the hospital and we've never offered any excuses to fellow supporters from other states as to why we couldn't be there or help in some other way.

I'm asking this of anyone who reads this:

PLEASE make an extra effort to persuade, offer to drive, invite, caravan, fly, hop a train, walk, bicycle, e-mail, post on YT, MS, FB, etc, etc, to show a HUGE support for our man in Washington while we have this opportunity.

Thank you for anything and everything you have done and may be able to do.

Bosso

rancher89
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
I've waited more than a year for this one.

I'll be heading to Raleigh-Durham for the weekend and bringing 12 people with me (so far).

I'll also be calling in the favor from those who we ardently supported in South Carolina during their many events across their state last year.

I don't see why we cant flood that venue with 5K or more people, signs, traffic jams, loud cheers and get this election on the map for the following Tuesday.

If less than 1,000 people show up, I'll be one disappointed man who has logged almost 10,000 miles across 5 states, donated $50 OVER the maximum allowed, attended 14 events, sign waved, canvassed, ran a phone bank, converted 50 Dems in Pa, in the bluest county on earth, made YT vids, designed and sold T-Shirts to donate to other state's efforts, signed my vehicles, drove, bussed and flew unknown supporters into other states, sported RP apparel in all weather, became a NC delegate (along with my whole family) and followed this campaign on a by-the-minute basis since March 2007.

I run a business and my wife spent 6 days on life support and 2 months in the hospital and we've never offered any excuses to fellow supporters from other states as to why we couldn't be there or help in some other way.

I'm asking this of anyone who reads this:

PLEASE make an extra effort to persuade, offer to drive, invite, caravan, fly, hop a train, walk, bicycle, e-mail, post on YT, MS, FB, etc, etc, to show a HUGE support for our man in Washington while we have this opportunity.

Thank you for anything and everything you have done and may be able to do.

Bosso

I don't know if you remember me, my husband and I had the big blue tarp banner with "Veterans for Ron Paul" at the Columbia rallies (as well as Rock Hill, Greenville, Atlanta, scores of smaller events and the Boston Tea Party.) I'ts good to hear from you again and I hope your wife is doing much better now.

I won't be going to Raleigh - probably, I'm working on it- due to financial/schedule issues, but my heart is with you.

The rallies in SC were something to behold, especially at the Freedom Center. Boston was incredible too, much too cold, but an awesome experiance. I urge you all to go to Raleigh/Chapel Hill if you can and stand outside the building and wave your signs. I'm willing to bet that at the last venue, RP will spend time with the crowd---if he has time. Who knows, you may be able to shake his hand!

Bossobass
04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't know if you remember me, my husband and I had the big blue tarp banner with "Veterans for Ron Paul" at the Columbia rallies (as well as Rock Hill, Greenville, Atlanta, scores of smaller events and the Boston Tea Party.) I'ts good to hear from you again and I hope your wife is doing much better now.

I won't be going to Raleigh - probably, I'm working on it- due to financial/schedule issues, but my heart is with you.

The rallies in SC were something to behold, especially at the Freedom Center. Boston was incredible too, much too cold, but an awesome experiance. I urge you all to go to Raleigh/Chapel Hill if you can and stand outside the building and wave your signs. I'm willing to bet that at the last venue, RP will spend time with the crowd---if he has time. Who knows, you may be able to shake his hand!

Do you mean THIS (http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%2014/Blank.html) banner?

Great to put a screen name to a fellow supporter! If there's any way I can help you to get to Raleigh, please LMK. :)

Bosso

rancher89
04-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Do you mean THIS (http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%2014/Blank.html) banner?

Great to put a screen name to a fellow supporter! If there's any way I can help you to get to Raleigh, please LMK. :)

Bosso

Yessir! That's us!

I'm ok for Raleigh, I've got friends there and it's only three hours from the house. BUT, I do have a chip in for the costs of goiing to the national convention that you can spread around ----(almost blushing at shameless bump...:D.)

http://gopnationaldelegatesnc.chipin.com/pat-armstrongalt-delg

Young Paleocon
04-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Well it's confirmed RP will be speaking on May 2nd at Chapel Hill and Duke in North Carolina.

luke-gr
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
UNC has been sold out; Only accommodates 400.

Duke still has room I belive; Accommodates 600. Tickets are $3 to reserve online.

Im not going to make it. :(

FireofLiberty
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
B.J. will be introducing Dr. Paul at both the UNC and Duke events.

Bossobass
04-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Duke is also sold out (and has been after 3 days after the announcement).

There have been over 1,000 reservations and I've been told that a larger venue is being sought, so everyone please keep an eye open for that news as it will probably be last minute.

Contact everyone you know to head to the state capital on Friday. This is our last chance to show NC Republicans that there is a better choice in the primary.

Thousands beats hundreds.

Bosso

Hurrikaighnkev@hotmail.co
04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
At both the events there will be a book signing. Will the books be on sale or do we have to bring a copy (at the Duke event)? I got an e-mail from a source that he won't be raising any money...

FireofLiberty
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
At both the events there will be a book signing. Will the books be on sale or do we have to bring a copy (at the Duke event)? I got an e-mail from a source that he won't be raising any money...

This is a really good question. I'll try to find out.

Bossobass
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I got an e-mail from the UNC Chapel Hill organizer that mentioned "we got tons of room at Carmichael".

I asked for details and haven't heard back yet, but I would assume that's the new venue and it would appear that there's no threat of a sellout there, but...

I just don't know yet. Anyone heard anything??

Bosso

slacker921
04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
If you have any bumper stickers please take them to the events and pass them around..
If you're coming from out of state and have extra yard signs please take them and donate them so people can put them up around NC..

FireofLiberty
04-30-2008, 08:49 PM
I got an e-mail from the UNC Chapel Hill organizer that mentioned "we got tons of room at Carmichael".

I asked for details and haven't heard back yet, but I would assume that's the new venue and it would appear that there's no threat of a sellout there, but...

I just don't know yet. Anyone heard anything??

Bosso

Give Paige (UNC organizer) time to respond. I spoke with him today about a matter with B.J.'s campaign (Paige is also our campaign's Youth Coordinator) and he's absolutely swamped.

I don't suspect Carmichael will sell out. It's a pretty big place. It's a basketball arena.

Bossobass
05-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Paige did indeed respond late last night. The rally has been moved to Carmicheal Auditorium, which seats 8,000.

Please let everyone know. Doors open at 2:30, RP speaks at 3:30 for an hour, followed by a book signing.

RP in NC!!! Spread the WORD.

Bosso