PDA

View Full Version : Sending a message to the GOP and RNC

Carole
04-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Sending a message to the GOP and RNC.

What if, on a prespecified given date, thousands and thousands of Republicans quit the GOP and registered as Independents?

Would anyone be interested in a mass desertion of the Republican party?

Would it send a message?

If we start campaigning now-ahead of time and then all go on the same date to resign from the party, would it even be noticed?

It would have to be a mass effort or it would be worthless.

Just thinking.

Aratus
04-23-2008, 11:20 AM
in october...? say 2 weeks before the election? it would one heck of a message...

slacker921
04-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Get say 3,000 people in a major city to all go on the same day and all line up outside the office of their election offices.. and call the media.. you might get on the local news. Repeat in 20 cities nationwide and you've got something going on. Maybe just after the last primary?? Or... just after we hear who the 3rd party candidates will be? ..

and.. people are switching away from the GOP already (http://mediacrusher.blogspot.com/2008/04/gop-fading-away-in-nc.html) without any organization..

acptulsa
04-23-2008, 11:43 AM
in october...? say 2 weeks before the election? it would one heck of a message...

Right after the convention.

liberteebell
04-23-2008, 11:47 AM

What if, on a prespecified given date, thousands and thousands of Republicans quit the GOP and registered as Independents?

Would it send a message?

If we start campaigning now-ahead of time and then all go on the same date to resign from the party, would it even be noticed?

Just thinking.

I would be interested but before we even considered such a thing, we need to do our best to attempt to educate--to put the information out on what a true conservative is and to call them every time they call for uniting behind a RINO.

While I didn't think it would be easy to change the party, I didn't think they'd put up this much of a fight and I see the same thing brewing in my state; the district conventions will be quite telling. For a party that whines because they're losing people, they sure are doing everything they can to turn people away.

If it becomes abundantly evident that they are going to keep on their neo-con, non-conservative course, and do everything they can to exclude us anyway, a mass exodus would make quite a statement, if there are enough of us and we hand them a scathing "opus" letter on our way out. :D

jpa
04-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Right after the convention would be best.

MMolloy
04-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Definitely not before the convention!

Carole
04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I would be interested but before we even considered such a thing, we need to do our best to attempt to educate--to put the information out on what a true conservative is and to call them every time they call for uniting behind a RINO.

While I didn't think it would be easy to change the party, I didn't think they'd put up this much of a fight and I see the same thing brewing in my state; the district conventions will be quite telling. For a party that whines because they're losing people, they sure are doing everything they can to turn people away.

If it becomes abundantly evident that they are going to keep on their neo-con, non-conservative course, and do everything they can to exclude us anyway, a mass exodus would make quite a statement, if there are enough of us and we hand them a scathing "opus" letter on our way out. :D

Yes, I completely agree with you that it should not be done rashly and that attempting to educate must take precedence.

I am just so frustrated with the dirty tricks at these meetings and conventions thus far.

If the time comes when we should seriously consider doing this, even a massive letter campaign of "resignations" could make a small dent. But having the long line to switch party designatin in person would likely garner media attention locally.

I know folks are leaving the party already, but it is being done very quietly, and I am just holding off to see if there is anything left to salvage from this party. If I must leave eventually, it would be nice if a lot of people together made a statement by doing so on one day.

I have already written the party about my displeasure over McInSane and refusing to vote for him. Received the usual Thank you for your interest letters.

ItsTime
04-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I plan on switching my party back to undeclared. I can not be part of the GOP since they have strayed so far away from Republican values. I will work hard at getting real Republicans elected to office and make sure we do not ever see a repeat of Bush and McCain.

Carole
04-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Yes, that makes perfect sense. :)

Athan
04-23-2008, 06:17 PM

Would it send a message?

Just thinking.
Guys... guys.. wait. PLEASE... PLEASE think about this for more than a few seconds.

Let me list why in particular is a bad idea:

1. that would basically undo everything we've been working for this past year. We have organized to the point where we have been able to usurp some major senatorial districts. Those news bulletins you've been seeing about PA, MO, and others.. that is the tide turning. Your basically getting out of the water when the fight is beginning.

2. Worse, that would be going against Ron Paul's advice (and honestly he is close to what you can consider a modern prophet), and it would show that we are not really united with him and his advice.

3. Desertion would only make the neo-cons happy they have their party back and uncontested. Just join Ron's Liberty Caucus to boost its numbers. I know what you desire, and that is a stronger voice for third party, but that can be achieved simply by VOTING for independents and third party candidates when they are on the ballot. Vote for anybody but neo-cons and pro-state politicians and you will be fine.

If it is a message you want to send to those bastards, I have a MUCH better idea. We can send major messages at the state level this election year. Seriously, you are getting discouraged because the presidential elections are cut throat and frankly fucking rigged from the get go. There are other major elections this year that would suffer tremendously because of our organization's ire towards them

Example: For Texas Ron Paul supporters. John Coryn is running for re-election this year as state senator. However, he is FOR the Trans-Texas Corridor. Also, governor Rick Perry is running for a third term in 2010 and is also supporting the Trans-Texas Corridor. We can organize to vote for Kinky Friedman instead.

Ron Paul Texas meet up groups should organize so we can hand both "prominent" well known neo-cons a pink slip and send them home. By doing this, we can send a real message to the Republican party that we mean fucking business, and we we are not going to forget their bullshit now or ever.

This is how you win a war.

bucfish
04-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Lets Unite the LP and CP among other small parties and Stage a walkout at the GOP Convention. Then Have all of them join a new party Say "The American People Party" or something with a good name that could destroy the current two party Format.

Michael Landon
04-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Guys... guys.. wait. PLEASE... PLEASE think about this for more than a few seconds.

Let me list why in particular is a bad idea:

1. that would basically undo everything we've been working for this past year. We have organized to the point where we have been able to usurp some major senatorial districts. Those news bulletins you've been seeing about PA, MO, and others.. that is the tide turning. Your basically getting out of the water when the fight is beginning.

2. Worse, that would be going against Ron Paul's advice (and honestly he is close to what you can consider a modern prophet), and it would show that we are not really united with him and his advice.

3. Desertion would only make the neo-cons happy they have their party back and uncontested. Just join Ron's Liberty Caucus to boost its numbers. I know what you desire, and that is a stronger voice for third party, but that can be achieved simply by VOTING for independents and third party candidates when they are on the ballot. Vote for anybody but neo-cons and pro-state politicians and you will be fine.

If it is a message you want to send to those bastards, I have a MUCH better idea. We can send major messages at the state level this election year. Seriously, you are getting discouraged because the presidential elections are cut throat and frankly fucking rigged from the get go. There are other major elections this year that would suffer tremendously because of our organization's ire towards them

Example: For Texas Ron Paul supporters. John Coryn is running for re-election this year as state senator. However, he is FOR the Trans-Texas Corridor. Also, governor Rick Perry is running for a third term in 2010 and is also supporting the Trans-Texas Corridor. We can organize to vote for Kinky Friedman instead.

Ron Paul Texas meet up groups should organize so we can hand both "prominent" well known neo-cons a pink slip and send them home. By doing this, we can send a real message to the Republican party that we mean fucking business, and we we are not going to forget their bullshit now or ever.

This is how you win a war.

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it.

- ML

smileylovesfreedom
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll have to wait until my 2 year delegate committment is up. As long as they let me vote for candidates to endorse (or not endorse), to elect the party leadership (they'll be scared if we stick around!), platform issues, etc.... I'm going to exercise that. I can always vote "no" on any silly neo-con schemes and the time committment for the conventions and meetings is not that huge in my area.

They are fighting us now because we are a threat to their power. We can't voluntarily back out. It's not an easy battle.

driller80545
04-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Lets Unite the LP and CP among other small parties and Stage a walkout at the GOP Convention. Then Have all of them join a new party Say "The American People Party" or something with a good name that could destroy the current two party Format.

I have to agree. We need more choices. I was struck by what Jesse Ventura said: :"having only two parties is just one party better than a dictatorship".

Pauls' Revere
04-23-2008, 09:18 PM

Would it send a message?

Just thinking.

Would they notice? would they care? How many thousands switched from independent (as I did) to Republican to vote for Paul. Nobody said anything about huge gains when ppl switched parties to vote Repub for Paul. I like the idea just being a devils advocate.

Sandman
04-24-2008, 04:01 AM
I will definetly do it if Mr Paul is not given any respect or speaking time at the convention.

acroso
04-24-2008, 11:38 AM
If you state is REALLY close then vote Obama, otherwise better to go with Paul as a write in.

Xenophage
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't this idea defeat the purpose of all our efforts in local conventions thus far? We've put a LOT of time and energy into changing the Republican Party, and the national convention will see the culmination of those efforts, but it will all have been for naught if we plan a mass exodus. We are in a very good position right now to dramatically modify the party platform nation-wide and help elect Republicans with real small-government attitudes, all the while influencing the politics of other Republicans we share the conventions with. We can only influence policy, however, if people respect us.

Currently, Republicans all around the country believe we've infiltrated their party, and after we've caused enough disruption and discord to satisfy ourselves we'll leave them high and dry. It is necessary, for purposes of converting these Republicans (or at least positively impacting their political philosophy), to show them that we're doing what we're doing out of principle, and that we plan to stick with it for the long haul.

Bear in mind that no political victory is possible to us in the United States without changing the hearts and minds of other voters. We can't afford to be a minority any longer.

FrankB
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Wouldn't this idea defeat the purpose of all our efforts in local conventions thus far? We've put a LOT of time and energy into changing the Republican Party, and the national convention will see the culmination of those efforts, but it will all have been for naught if we plan a mass exodus. We are in a very good position right now to dramatically modify the party platform nation-wide and help elect Republicans with real small-government attitudes, all the while influencing the politics of other Republicans we share the conventions with. We can only influence policy, however, if people respect us.

Currently, Republicans all around the country believe we've infiltrated their party, and after we've caused enough disruption and discord to satisfy ourselves we'll leave them high and dry. It is necessary, for purposes of converting these Republicans (or at least positively impacting their political philosophy), to show them that we're doing what we're doing out of principle, and that we plan to stick with it for the long haul.

Bear in mind that no political victory is possible to us in the United States without changing the hearts and minds of other voters. We can't afford to be a minority any longer.

Change the party platform? The Texas GOP platform reads almost like it was written by Congressman Paul himself. It calls for getting us out of the UN, abolishing the IRS, the income tax, repealing unconsitutional gun control legislation, etc etc etc.

It's been that way for over a decade if not 20 years. A lot of good a 'decent party platform' has done us - the shysters in office don't give a crap about the platform. And the party won't enforce it. In fact, Texas law pretty much prohibits any actual enforcement of the platform on candidates.

Athan
04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Change the party platform? The Texas GOP platform reads almost like it was written by Congressman Paul himself. It calls for getting us out of the UN, abolishing the IRS, the income tax, repealing unconsitutional gun control legislation, etc etc etc.

It's been that way for over a decade if not 20 years. A lot of good a 'decent party platform' has done us - the shysters in office don't give a crap about the platform. And the party won't enforce it. In fact, Texas law pretty much prohibits any actual enforcement of the platform on candidates.

Exactly. That is why we organize the Revolution to pick off republicans that stray from the platform one by one.

This year: John Coryn

In two years: Rick Perry.

NOW is the time to organize to send them packing. We have a REAL machine now. Remember when we in Texas tried to get Kinky Friedman elected? We had no organization. just a couple of people spreading the word to vote for Kinky. Now we have meet up groups that have the ability to work in concert. And if we don't succeed they will still see their support fading fast.

Bradley in DC
04-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Some states haven't voted yet at all. Other states (kudos to NV) are still in the fight for delegates.

Threads like this one now don't help our effort. :mad: