PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for McCain if....

Fox McCloud
04-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Would you vote for John McCain if he selected Ron Paul to be his Vice President?

I don't think Dr. Paul would accept it, as McCain is Paul's polar opposite...but let's assume that Paul did accept it for whatever reason.

It would be a tough choice for me; I really detest McCain (just about as much as Hillary and Obama), but I like Dr. Paul so much that it may just be worth voting for McCain in the hopes that if McCain were elected, he'd have to resign/he passed away/etc, and Paul got to take over.

In the end, I'd most likely vote for him, just for Paul's (and only Paul's) sake....and I'd definitely make that clear to anyone I met (ie: "I voted for that dirt-bag, piece of scum John McCain, only to get Ron Paul in with the hopes he could become President).

yongrel
04-23-2008, 11:07 AM
The VP only has day-to-day power if the president gives it to him. And McCain ain't giving it to Paul.

I have no intention of voting to extend the war in Iraq.

John E
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
I would vote for a McCain / Paul ticket since it could mean a better shot at the presidency later on for the good doctor.

yongrel
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113865

Andrew-Austin
04-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Hell the fuck no, why must this McPain question pop up so often? It wouldn't happen anyways.

Aratus
04-23-2008, 11:25 AM
he's more likely to pick huckabee or lieberman if not romney...

Dr.3D
04-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Why not? As I see it, McCain might drop dead and leave Paul as president.
Wouldn't that be a wonderful scenario?

tmosley
04-23-2008, 11:41 AM
I would, then I would do something that would get me life in prison or the death penalty.

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Kludge
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
No. Cheney is an exception. VP generally has little power over... anything.

Unless there was an assassination planned on McCain, there will be no vote for intervention on my behalf (or.... by my will at least).

Anti Federalist
04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Ugh...what a dilemma.

Yes, with a great deal of trepidation and only with the hope that McQueeq goes rubber room mad within the first week or so, leaving RP as president.

ItsTime
04-23-2008, 03:02 PM
If he made him secretary of treasury I would :D But I would want a contracted signed first :rolleyes:

nate895
04-23-2008, 04:25 PM
I would vote for a McCain / Paul ticket since it could mean a better shot at the presidency later on for the good doctor.

Exactly my reason.

Patriot123
04-23-2008, 07:17 PM
If I could vote, of course. It would be better than Obama or Clinton. Why? If, by some miracle, Paul was selected as McCain's VP, he could, at the least, have some pressure in the decision making. And even then, if anything were to happen to McCain, our man would be the next president. And even then, he'd have an excellent chance at the next election.

pinkmandy
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I would, then I would do something that would get me life in prison or the death penalty.

I'd send you cookies every week. And brownies. Cigs to trade. Whatever you want. Our family would also celebrate your birthday as a holiday. :D

devil21
04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Not sure. Dr. Paul as president of the Congress would be VERY interesting. Lets see how many unconstitutional crap laws get passed on his watch? I'd consider it, cant say yes or no.

AutoDas
04-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Yes McCain is almost as old as Ron Paul and he is overweight so there could some signs of health problems.

This is what I don't like libertarians, if they can get a chance of having a former candidate to be president they're to stubborn to make the it. At least he gets recognition.

smileylovesfreedom
04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
If it ended up being another very close race - I could easily vote McCain/Paul over Obama or Hillary. I consider McCain, Obama and Hillary all peas in the same pod. At least having Paul as VP - he would get a lot more air time/press, give more speeches, and generally inspire other liberty-minded candidates to move forward. Not an ideal situation - but I'll take it over the likely ballots I see now in November :(

JRegs85
04-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Of course. Ron Paul has a few million very dedicated supporters, and a few hundred very, very, very dedicated supporters who would be more than willing to spend life in order to see a Ron Paul presidency.

But vote for McCain/Anyone else? No way, we have the LP and the CP.

ARealConservative
04-23-2008, 09:09 PM
what a ridiculous hypothetical.

If McCain actually did such a thing I would vote for him, assuming I could get to the polling booth while being dogged by people predicting the end of times.

christagious
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I voted yes and I'm really surprised that the no's are in the majority.

I will only say it once:

Andrew Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

JaylieWoW
04-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I voted yes and I'm really surprised that the no's are in the majority.

I will only say it once:

Andrew Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

I'm a no because it isn't even a slightly realistic scenario, thus I wouldn't believe it even if it were announced, and if it were, I would be convinced RP had been brainwashed and didn't have a good Beatles tune in his head in order to withstand the brainwashing treatment.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-23-2008, 09:59 PM
It will never happen in a million years. He's more likely to pick Clinton than Paul. Anyone who thinks it's a possibility is delusional.

Conza88
04-23-2008, 10:56 PM

;) ;), nudge nudge. Say no more. :D

Anti Federalist
04-24-2008, 11:43 AM
It will never happen in a million years. He's more likely to pick Clinton than Paul. Anyone who thinks it's a possibility is delusional.

The OP made that clear as well.

For the record I agree.

But it is an interesting hypothetical question.

amy31416
04-24-2008, 11:45 AM
;) ;), nudge nudge. Say no more. :D

Your wife, she likes photographs, eh?

Well, a wink is as good as a nudge in a blind man's eye, eh?

amy31416
04-24-2008, 11:46 AM
The OP made that clear as well.

For the record I agree.

But it is an interesting hypothetical question.

Yeah, to have 99.999% evil and 99.999% good on one ticket...isn't that how Spock killed that robot on that one episode of Star Trek?

Oh wait, that had something to do with a flower.

Anti Federalist
04-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah, to have 99.999% evil and 99.999% good on one ticket...isn't that how Spock killed that robot on that one episode of Star Trek?

Oh wait, that had something to do with a flower.

The floating robot on a string that took over the Enterprise and Kirk had to destroy by issuing contradictory orders?

I feel like that robot when listening to government.

amy31416
04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
The floating robot on a string that took over the Enterprise and Kirk had to destroy by issuing contradictory orders?

I feel like that robot when listening to government.

This was a different episode, where Spock gave the perfectly logical robot/alien a logical contradiction about a flower--don't remember the specifics exactly.

But yeah. I know where you're coming from.

Conza88
04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Your wife, she likes photographs, eh?

Well, a wink is as good as a nudge in a blind man's eye, eh?

I'll be honest. I reallly don't know what to make of this. :confused: hahah

forsmant
04-24-2008, 08:38 PM

My sentiments exactly, joking.

Kludge
04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
My sentiments exactly, joking.

*wink wink, nudge nudge* Riiiight.