PDA

View Full Version : Just received an invitation...

teshuah
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
to apply to volunteer for the RNC! It was a long application but I had to stop... I realized I won't be able to do it. Baby will be 1.5mos old and that just isn't possible to do it then. I'll have to make sure Hubby gets there though and live it through him. I didn't know if this belonged here or the RNC threads... but this is grassroots activity!!

Yom
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Great job, what's the position?

Mahkato
04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
I got an invite as well.

About Volunteering at the Convention

With the help of volunteers, the 2008 Republican National Convention will be a truly remarkable event. The convention and the 2008 Minneapolis Saint Paul Host Committee will recruit more than 8,000 volunteers, who will perform key duties and play crucial roles in the areas of transportation, information services, hospitality, and special events during the week of the convention.

We appreciate your interest, enthusiasm and desire to contribute to this spectacular event. On the upcoming application pages, you will be asked a variety of questions that help Convention organizers weigh qualifications and make the best possible assignments. You will also be asked to provide information required for security screening.

Please complete the entire application and stayed tuned for email regarding your application status.

NOTE: Not all applicants will receive placement.

teshuah
04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
same invite with a link to apply.

positions in the application involved varied. they asked you to rate which one you'd rather do on a scale of 1-5 with 5 choices offered. they also wanted to know which days and times you'd be available and if you'd be available before the Convention. Seeing as I live here in Mpls area... ugh... so sad I can't go... but I don't think i can volunteer with a baby nursing.