PDA

View Full Version : A Fine Example Of Groupthink:

angelatc
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Remember the clip of the Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff? Look at this thread on Hotair.com evolve, and then you'll understand what we're up against.

First of all, that pup was not dead. It's very young, and "programmed" to assume that position and be still when held by the scruff of the neck. (Note that the mention of it licking it's nose is denounced as pixelation or something.) I've seen loads of puppies, including dead puppies, and nothing about the pups posture leads me to think it is an ex-puppy.

But that doesn't stop them from a "yeah! that's the ticket!!!" solution. And of course, linking to an unrelated story about some Iraqi pups being flown to the states, and calling it "the other side."

As it evolves, it becomes clear that if you don't support puppy-killing, you support the terrorists. Only liberals don't support puppy killing, and obviously camera phones should be banned to protect the troops.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/03/03/video-the-puppy-clip/

and a follow up, which includes a nice segue into the Duke Lacrosse team: http://hotair.com/archives/2008/03/04/puppy-video-a-fake/

I guess is the level of denial that is required to maintain a belief in the war and the President.

It is absolutely incredulous.

Kade
04-23-2008, 09:48 AM
I agree.

The puppy was alive. This country endorses propaganda.

Kraig
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
So basically another example of idiots in large groups?

I saw the video whenever it first showed up, but I haven't followed the "investigation" that I guess is still going on. Why the hell do people want to think the puppy is dead? Why do they even care?

Meatwasp
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh God are you bringing this up again? It took me a long time to get over it.

angelatc
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh God are you bringing this up again? It took me a long time to get over it.

Because I am just speechless at how easy it is for these people to deny evil when it shows up with a cross and a flag.

tmosley
04-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I've picked up larger dogs than that and thrown them by the scruff of the neck (into the back yard--when they were fighting). Mine didn't yelp when I did that. Seems natural to me that the puppy would start yelping when it saw it was falling off of a cliff (I didn't see the video--it's been taken down).

Dr.3D
04-23-2008, 12:05 PM
(I didn't see the video--it's been taken down).

At the end of this video is the same clip at 4:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQGebn7NhM

angelatc
04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Scruffing shows dominance, and it's natural for a dog to go submissive when picked up like that. Unless they're challenging you for dominance, they're not going to squirm and fight when they're being held like that. That pup was just a baby, he wasn't going to dominate anybody.

I was just amazed to see that apparently not supporting puppy tossing is associated with being on the radical left .

Liveleak.com has the video too. Malkin's site is the only place I've seen people claiming it was probably dead to begin with though. I swear they're insane with the thought of killing Mooslims.