PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for State Convention Parties

raystone
04-23-2008, 07:53 AM
I plan to invite all Ron Paul supporters for a get together at the state convention next month..

Agenda will be to share everyone's views and activity on Ron Paul movement status in local GOPs statewide, and nationwide, how to maximize impact at the convention, discuss how to stay unified and grow influence in state GOP longterm, etc.

Will probably meet in a hotel banquet room or nearby restaurant, etc.

Other ideas meeting agenda items ? Anyone else doing this ?

-----

raystone
04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
bump for Nevada

Voodoo
04-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Keep in mind, the more fun you have, the more attractive you are to the "other" delegates at the convention. Be forceful and keep the high ground, but be respectful, energetic, and excited - these are the things that draw the rank-and-file like moths to a flame. You need the votes from the rank-and-file; when they see you excited and ideological, you give them license to join you.

There's been a lot of "what" from Reno, but here's the "why":

http://freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=032846

hillertexas
04-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Keep in mind, the more fun you have, the more attractive you are to the "other" delegates at the convention. Be forceful and keep the high ground, but be respectful, energetic, and excited - these are the things that draw the rank-and-file like moths to a flame. You need the votes from the rank-and-file; when they see you excited and ideological, you give them license to join you.

+1
Yea, a "celebration of our conservative roots" type party might draw more of "them" in.
Hell, it might even open up a very needed dialogue. You might get the opportunity to spread the message to people and show that the RP people are not scary. Besides, I'm sure if your convention is anything like the Texas State Convention (facility fee $35, Prayer Rally $5, grassroots training $10, Republican Party of Texas Banquet $75), people might be looking to do something that is free.

But if you want to only invite the RP supporters, I would keep it as quiet as possible so the other people don't get offended and see you as even more of the "other".