PDA

View Full Version : Some observations from PA poll

Jason726
04-23-2008, 07:33 AM
So yesterday I was handing out sample ballots in West Chester, PA. I would handout the delegate sheets to any republicans, and if any of them stopped to talk with me, I would mention RP. I would say that of the 100+ republicans that came in maybe 90% of them even knew who RP was. If they did know him, it was only by name. Some things that happened throughout the day:

One voter, when I asked if he were republican, said" NO WAY, I'm not voting for the Nazi party."

Every chance I got, I would let p[eople know that they will not get the information they need by just watching the news, that they have to go on the internet and look for it.

Obama seemed to be taking a good majority of the voters in my ward. Dems were outnumbering Reps by about 8-1. Of course, the small Rep turnout has to do with the media saying that McCain has the nomination locked up.

A guy that looked like a grunge rocker rode up on a bicycle with a pack on his bike. Went into the building and when he came out, the Dem worker(who apparently knew him) asked him how the machines were. So I guess that was the guy that "checks the machines" in my ward. I don''t judge people on their appearance, but he just didn't look like some trustworthy person that should be in charge of checking the machines for my area. I AM NOT SAYING I SAW ANYTHING TO DO WITH FRAUD. Just an observation of the man I saw.

And the icing on the cake.............. The republican worker there was an old lady that was very nice. She didn't seem very knowledgable of the Rep race this year. She just seemed like she was taking orders from the Rep Chairperson. I never said to her that I was supporting RP. I just told her I had information to handout on local Rep delegates. So she kinda just sat there and talked to people about dumb shit ,thinking I was doing the job for the Repubs. She left rather early(around 1 pm) and when she left she asked me If I would handout her republican/McCain approved sample ballots. I said "sure mam, I would be delighted to." And the second she left they went in the trash.

The revolution is alive and well in PA.

hillertexas
04-23-2008, 07:41 AM
She left rather early(around 1 pm) and when she left she asked me If I would handout her republican/McCain approved sample ballots. I said "sure mam, I would be delighted to." And the second she left they went in the trash.

LOL...EXCELLENT!!!!

szczebrzeszyn
04-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I loved that part too hehe

Jason726
04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Quite a few people that were repubs seemed like they were expecting someone with delegate info for RP. When I offered them one, they would say something like "no, I know what that is."

freedom-maniac
04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Did you inform that guy that RP is the least Nazi candidate? (I understand where he's coming from, as I still refuse to consider myself a Republican...capital R anyways).

DealzOnWheelz
04-23-2008, 01:21 PM
I was working the polls in Montgomery county and have decided that if I still live there in 2 years I may run for committeeman and I would like to find a liberty minded female to take the committeewomans spot.

Heres my spiel I was giving:

"Hello, are you guys here for the Republican or Democratic Primary?"

Dem-direct them to my mom's friend who was handing out dem sample ballots

Rep-"Oh great well here is a list of the Traditional Conservative Republican Delegates that we'd like to send to the convention, to maintain our core conservative platforms of the party"

if they asked who they were voting for I would say

"Well we're not exactly thrilled with McCain being the presumptive nominee so our goal is to make sure the party's platform doesn't become too liberalized"

I had great results and even got a couple people to vote for Ron Paul, even though I only brought him up to a few people.(I was focused on getting the delegates in covert)

TruthAtLast
04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
She left rather early(around 1 pm) and when she left she asked me If I would handout her republican/McCain approved sample ballots. I said "sure mam, I would be delighted to." And the second she left they went in the trash.

hahaha That just made my day. :D

CurtisLow
04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Ron Paul baby! 16% in PA!! This is strong victory for us Ron Paul supporters. PA beat out CA in total number of votes for Ron Paul without any media coverage. Plus we are having delegate success that should at the very least, embarrass McCain and the rest of the country club Gop’ers.

TruthisTreason
04-24-2008, 10:15 AM

Now, if only McCain would leave rather early! Awesome job.:cool:

Jason726
04-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Did you inform that guy that RP is the least Nazi candidate? (I understand where he's coming from, as I still refuse to consider myself a Republican...capital R anyways).

He was saying it as he was walking through the door, as if he didn't want to give me a chance to respond. I wasn't about to follow him in. If I had the chance I definitely would have corrected him.

Jason726
04-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I was working the polls in Montgomery county and have decided that if I still live there in 2 years I may run for committeeman and I would like to find a liberty minded female to take the committeewomans spot.

Heres my spiel I was giving:

"Hello, are you guys here for the Republican or Democratic Primary?"

Dem-direct them to my mom's friend who was handing out dem sample ballots

Rep-"Oh great well here is a list of the Traditional Conservative Republican Delegates that we'd like to send to the convention, to maintain our core conservative platforms of the party"

if they asked who they were voting for I would say

"Well we're not exactly thrilled with McCain being the presumptive nominee so our goal is to make sure the party's platform doesn't become too liberalized"

I had great results and even got a couple people to vote for Ron Paul, even though I only brought him up to a few people.(I was focused on getting the delegates in covert)

Good luck with that. I have friends in Bucks, Chester, and Montgomery Townships that I could get to spread names of RP people running. They aren't politically (or physically and mentally for that matter) active, but I know a few ways I could get them to help a campaign. At the least, I could get someone running in parts of these counties a bunch of votes.

ItsTime
04-24-2008, 11:02 AM
I guess he was too busy voting for the che guevara party :rolleyes:

He was saying it as he was walking through the door, as if he didn't want to give me a chance to respond. I wasn't about to follow him in. If I had the chance I definitely would have corrected him.

Jason726
04-24-2008, 11:17 AM
In a way, the neoconservatives do act in ways reminiscent of Hitler. For most Americans, the neoconservative policies are what the Republicans are all about.

driller80545
04-24-2008, 11:23 AM
In a way, the neoconservatives do act in ways reminiscent of Hitler. For most Americans, the neoconservative policies are what the Republicans are all about.

Amazing, amazing. and true