PDA

View Full Version : Rupert Murdoch seeking to add to his propaganda machine

Join The Paul Side
04-23-2008, 05:16 AM
He's trying to buy Newsday from Tribune Co. for $580 million. It's sick and disgusting how this one man can control what news is fed to the American People. :mad:

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bznews0423,0,696524.story

yongrel
04-23-2008, 06:27 AM
It is significant to note that he is an Australian, descended from the most violent and despicable criminals England had to offer.

Just FYI

IRO-bot
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Guilt by association. Guilt by blood. Would Hitler's great great great grandson be a mass murdering tyrant?

Red Dingo
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
It is significant to note that he is an Australian, descended from the most violent and despicable criminals England had to offer.

Just FYI

That's collectivism and ignorance in the same sentence. Are you a McCain supporter?
I'll do one on you: all Americans are bad because of George Bush...
All Australians are bad because some of the convicts could have been bad (though not all).

Lastly, many convicts were sent over on paltry charges. One of the main reasons for sending us here was because of overcrowding in their jails. I'd need to go back and check these facts, but this is what I remember. So if you desparately care about it, you can look it up on Wikipedia.

And Murdoch is a human being (I think). I wish he wasn't an Aussie. But human beings are greedy and like to lie to control people aka Fox etc and human beings are found in all countries.

Anyway Yongrel, imagine how the world now thinks about America and unfortunately, her citizens. I hope you spend a couple of hours thinking about that - at least.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-23-2008, 04:19 PM
That's collectivism and ignorance in the same sentence. Are you a McCain supporter?
I'll do one on you: all Americans are bad because of George Bush...
All Australians are bad because some of the convicts could have been bad (though not all).

Lastly, many convicts were sent over on paltry charges. One of the main reasons for sending us here was because of overcrowding in their jails. I'd need to go back and check these facts, but this is what I remember. So if you desparately care about it, you can look it up on Wikipedia.

And Murdoch is a human being (I think). I wish he wasn't an Aussie. But human beings are greedy and like to lie to control people aka Fox etc and human beings are found in all countries.

Anyway Yongrel, imagine how the world now thinks about America and unfortunately, her citizens. I hope you spend a couple of hours thinking about that - at least.

So? He's gaming the system. We have a fascist system.

Broadlighter
04-23-2008, 04:56 PM

Just FYI

I have some good friends who are Australian and they are decent people. It's an insult to paint them with the same brush as Rupert Murdoch.

TruthAtLast
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
too bad the 1 million people who voted for Ron Paul couldn't collectively invest to take over some of these companies themselves. Hostile takeover anyone? :D

nate895
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
too bad the 1 million people who voted for Ron Paul couldn't collectively invest to take over some of these companies themselves. Hostile takeover anyone? :D

Do we collectively have a few billion to send in?

TruthAtLast
04-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Do we collectively have a few billion to send in?

You don't need to buy the whole thing, just enough to have the largest voting block. There are media organization that are subsidiaries but not wholly owned so you could effect a media company without taking over Time Warner, Disney, GE, or NewsCorp. Granted it would still be a lot of money but it may not require billions.

Anyway, just a hypothetical anyway. lol