PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's popular vote count total???

acroso
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Ron Paul's popular vote count total???

Anyone have a link to an updated link to a popular vote count? I was thinking now Paul should have about 1 million votes total out of 20 million cast.

In the general about 3x will vote. Bush got over 60 million in 2004 so if we triple our vote total and assume we have about 3 million voters in the general.

Having 3 million who won't vote McCain would really hurt the guy I think.

AJ Antimony
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Those extra voters in the general election are not the same as primary election voters. Probably all of those people have no clue (or care) about who to vote for until they step inside the booth. Then they will vote in 1 of 4 ways.

1. Look at their pictures
Voter looks at the pictures and descriptions then chooses the better looking one.

2. Look at their party
Literally, Hitler could be the Republican and Stalin the Democrat, and one of them will get elected because of voters who will always vote their party/against the other.

3. Subconsciously recall media coverage of the candidates.
If candidate X had double the coverage as candidate Y, the voter thinks "Hmm I've heard of X before, I'll vote for him." Similarly the voter might think "Hmm CNN said candidate X isn't a big fan of the color green, so I'll vote for Y."

4. Write in Mickey Mouse
It's been done

However in support of Dr. Paul getting more votes in a general election, you have to figure we missed out on a relatively high number of votes in the primaries if some political newcomers failed to register in time, to register Republican in closed states, etc.

acroso
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
"
However in support of Dr. Paul getting more votes in a general election, you have to figure we missed out on a relatively high number of votes in the primaries if some political newcomers failed to register in time, to register Republican in closed states, etc."

Like I said...it's fair to expand Paul's support 3X roughly for the general. Same goes for McCain. He won't get 20 million, he'll probably get closer to 60 million.

McCain NEEDS those 3 million in November if this is a close election. He can't have them staying home, voting Obama, Venture, Barr or Paul or going on some other path.

The more support we can build for Paul in these primaries the more we can cost the GOP and punish them for nominating someone as foolish as McCain.

Sentient Void
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah I ran the numbers earlier... as of now the MSM reports Paul as having almopst 1 million votes, McCain about 7.9 million

Give me liberty
04-22-2008, 11:49 PM
McCain the warmonger

People love war, its so sad and there sick in there minds if they think he can run the country.

acroso
04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Get enough votes to hold the GOP hostage. Don't negotiate with them, and then listen to McCain whine that some voters aren't "big party" Republicans.

He will do that too.

After he loses, we can blame it all on McCain and his failure to reach out to conservatives. As much as a dislike Romney and Thompson....they were MUCH better candidates than McCain could ever be. McCain is a full blown liberal dressed a Republican.

MikeStanart
04-23-2008, 12:17 AM
After he loses, we can blame it all on McCain and his failure to reach out to conservatives. As much as a dislike Romney and Thompson....they were MUCH better candidates than McCain could ever be. McCain is a full blown liberal dressed a Republican.

Yeah, even though there were many things wrong with Romney and Thompson; I would have actually voted for either of them....If the GOP refused to give Paul the nod.

I only say that because: Romney or Thompson > Obama or Hitlery

Mccain = Obama = Hitlery

But since the GOP chose Mccain, I'll be writing Paul in, or staying home.

acroso
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM
I doubt I would have voted them if I had a third party candidate alternative like Paul in the general...or maybe Barr idk.

But I would have been much happier with them at least. McCain is horrible on every policy position whereas Thompson and Romney had some ups to them.

Hoover Dog 1957
04-23-2008, 02:42 AM
If you don't vote for Ron Paul you are not a patriot. Romney or Thomson are you kidding me? Give me a Freakin' break.

eok321
04-23-2008, 02:51 AM
Give me a Freakin' break.

+1