PDA

View Full Version : Best Day For RP Supporters En Mass at MD Straw Poll

robatsu
08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Maryland State Fair Straw Poll runs from 8/24 to 9/03. While we are all hoping to have campaign coverage for the duration, trying to target a day for "Flood The Fair" that RP supporters, especially out of staters, could target so that there is at least one day that is unmistakably RP at fair and hopefully generates some media notice, public awareness, etc.

Bradley in DC
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Urgent!!

The time is here and the time is now! On Tuesday, August 28th, we are going to have 100 Ron Paul supporters at the State Fair to perform a stunt that will be viewed on YouTube and Google - in other words, all across America.
The Ron Paul Truck (see attatched photo) will be driving down to the state fair on the 28th. At 6:00PM we will take a camcorder and film 100 Ron Paulites stepping out of that truck. What won't be seen beyond the edge of the camera is that the back of the truck is open and people are entering through that way. I've emailed this idea before - just as an idea.

But now it's reality.

We are going forward with this!! Rain or shine, it's happening!! So who's with me? Just think about it! First of all, being with 100(or more-hopefully) people that actually think like you! That don't call you 'wierd' or say you've been 'spoonfed with lies from the Internet'.
Second of all, thousands, hundreds of thousands of people come to this fair - those people will start asking questions about Ron Paul. And after we go ahead with our 'stunt', we'll do something that will catch even more attention. Forming a two-by-two train of people, we will march through the fair to the exhibition hall where the GOP booth is located. And at the GOP booth we will then cast our votes in the Maryland straw poll. All of this, don't you think that it'll get people asking 'Who is Ron Paul?'. So who's with me? We only have a week to get this together! But we can do it!! We need people!
Group organizers, post this as your next meetup! Group members, volunteer for this!
It isn't even volunteering!! It's coming to an event for Ron Paul that you know everyone will be a friend, even though they're total strangers to you!(an interesting paradox) So be a part of it!!
Come with your signs and t-shirts!!(if you don't have a Ron Paul shirt by the time this happens, don't worry, shirts will be there) Come with that enthusiasum and energy that we know is in you somewhere!! This email is going to be sent out to at least ten meetup groups. And I KNOW that's at least 100 people!! But if all the members of the Meetups that get this email come, that'll be like... I'm estimating here.. at least 300-400 people. Let's get going, people!!! Remember, 6:00PM on Tuesday, August 28th. Don't miss it. (and if you do, we'll kindly assume you were on vacation)

In Liberty,
Rebekah Forney

Recharge--play some free games. Win cool prizes too! Play It!

skiingff
08-21-2007, 03:46 PM
So out-of-staters can also vote?

I'm game as long as we give out at least a week's notice to everyone! I'll have to take off work. I'll try to bring my dad along too!

Edit: VOTE Sat. September 1 so we have time to organize this! 3 days is TOO SOON. Please vote Sept 1st!

robatsu
08-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Only Md Residents with photo ID can vote in Md Straw Poll. But hey, that didn't stop everyone from going to Iowa?

LibertyEagle
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Bradley, where's the attached photo?

DeadheadForPaul
08-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Earlier the Better, I'd say