PDA

View Full Version : Something's Fishy

Lois
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
How come the percentages never changed since I've been watching --

McCain - 72%
Ron Paul - 16%
Huckabee - 12%

What's up with that? It should fluctuate a little bit at least! :confused::confused::eek:

Here's where I've been following the numbers --

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229229?GT1=43001

TER
04-22-2008, 09:02 PM
As more of the total vote count comes in, it is natural to see less fluctuations.

Lois
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I was watching it since 8:30. Since there were only about 15% Precincts reporting.

Rangeley
04-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Then you did not see the beginning, when there was more fluctuation. There is still fluctuation, problem is that its so small that, because CNN rounds, you dont see it. I have been calculating the numbers throughout the night for the Democrats to see which way it was heading, and I can assure you the numbers have been shifting. If you add up all three numbers for the Republicans, and then divide each to find the percentages up to the first couple decimals, you will see your claim is utterly baseless.

Theocrat
How come the percentages never changed since I've been watching --

McCain - 72%
Ron Paul - 16%
Huckabee - 12%

What's up with that? It should fluctuate a little bit at least! :confused::confused::eek:

Here's where I've been following the numbers --

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229229?GT1=43001

Never forget who we're dealing with in giving us the election results--the Mainstream Media. It's not those who cast the votes nor those who count the votes that decide anything. It's those who report the votes which decide everything.

OrbitalGun
that's how the Dieblod was programmed :p

TER
04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
I just got home about 10ish so that does seem a bit weird, but it still could easily fall into the realm of natural possibilities. (actually, I was a C student in math so you might want to disregard my post!)

Feelgood
04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I just got home about 10ish so that does seem a bit weird, but it still could easily fall into the realm of natural possibilities. (actually, I was a C student in math so you might want to disregard my post!)

Another fine example of the need for home schooling. :)

TER
04-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Lol!

Cleaner44
04-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Because the media does not report the number as they actually come in.

JMann
04-22-2008, 09:33 PM
The steady numbers is why it is easy to project winners once 2 or 3 percent of the vote is in across several regions- along with exit polling. If a candidate has 15% of the vote with 5% of the vote in more than likely they will be within 1 or 2 points of that number with 100% reporting.

The exception to this, for example, in the O! v. Hill contest O! is winning Philly by a large margin with a lot of people. Had those numbers not been reported it could cause a large swing at the end but if you've been watching that race Hill has had basically a 6-10 point lead since 2 or 3% of the vote was in.

hillbilly123069
04-22-2008, 09:44 PM
we need to raise hell to get paper ballots before the election.

hillbilly123069
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
but if you've been through Penn., you'll see that is not the case.This is just more election fraud!
Remeber how W.V. went down?Huckabee was kickin ass and then a surge for McWar took it.:mad:
The steady numbers is why it is easy to project winners once 2 or 3 percent of the vote is in across several regions- along with exit polling. If a candidate has 15% of the vote with 5% of the vote in more than likely they will be within 1 or 2 points of that number with 100% reporting.

The exception to this, for example, in the O! v. Hill contest O! is winning Philly by a large margin with a lot of people. Had those numbers not been reported it could cause a large swing at the end but if you've been watching that race Hill has had basically a 6-10 point lead since 2 or 3% of the vote was in.

JMann
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
but if you've been through Penn., you'll see that is not the case.This is just more election fraud!
Remeber how W.V. went down?Huckabee was kickin ass and then a surge for McWar took it.:mad:

Amazing how every state is just buried in election fraud. If Ron Paul got more votes that John McCain he would win. His message isn't what people want to hear. It sucks for those of us that like the message but the vast majority of Republicans prefer McCain's message over Paul's. I guess you can cry fraud but that is what loser do.

Rangeley
04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh please. As I said before, not only do fluctuations turn smaller and smaller as more numbers come in, but because CNN and others round to the nearest number, these fluctuations dont even show up. But if you add up all the numbers, then divide individual results by the total, and did this throughout the night, it would be absolutely clear to you that the numbers fluctuated. I did it, and they did.

Pennsylvania is arguably the best state in this whole campaign. While caucus states may have yielded higher percentages, no state yielded higher numbers in total. This is a very good result, whining about it and baselessly claiming voter fraud just because numbers did not wildly shift all over the place is totally silly.