PDA

View Full Version : 28% of Pennsylvania GOP voters are voting against McCain

The One
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
28% have voted for a guy who dropped out or a guy who most people think has dropped out. Damn.....conditions for a serious 3rd party run sure look favorable.

colin1
04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Count me among the 28% :D

To hell with John McCain...I will work hard to see him defeated in November...

hawks4ronpaul
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
28% have voted for a guy who dropped out or a guy who most people think has dropped out.

If there was also a dead guy in the race, McCain might not break 50%.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

speciallyblend
04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
the gop deserves exactly what it gets.

ItsTime
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
QFT... Sorry McCain you will not be president.

the gop deserves exactly what it gets.

qh4dotcom
04-22-2008, 08:01 PM
I would say that also thousands are voting for McCain not because they support him but because "nobody else can win".

hawks4ronpaul
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
I would say that also thousands are voting for McCain not because they support him but because "nobody else can win".

No one else will win because they chose to vote for McCain.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Akus
04-22-2008, 08:22 PM
so what is the McCain/Paul/other guys's percentage split?

TER
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I think we have to remember that many registered Republicans did not make any effort to go out and vote today since in their minds the nomination is already locked up. Don't want to rain on our parade, but I just think we should keep this in mind. Celebrate? YES! But remember there is still alot of work to be done...

spudea
04-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I think we have to remember that many registered Republicans did not make any effort to go out and vote today since in their minds the nomination is already locked up. Don't want to rain on our parade, but I just think we should keep this in mind. Celebrate? YES! But remember there is still alot of work to be done...

and 12% voted for a candidate that officially withdrew (broadcast all over the media) and endorsed McCain.

So whats your point? I agree it is a variable that would be difficult to measure, but I definetly wouldn't call it "many". Maybe a couple thousand people stayed home that support McCain. But also there would be some Ron Paul and Huck supporters that withdrew back into apathy and decieded to stay home. A very small percentage ~1% difference in my opinion.

TER
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
and 12% voted for a candidate that officially withdrew (broadcast all over the media) and endorsed McCain.

So whats your point? I agree it is a variable that would be difficult to measure, but I definetly wouldn't call it "many". Maybe a couple thousand people stayed home that support McCain. I feel there is evidence that people that follow the primary races and support their candidate during this time, go out to vote, and they bring people with them to vote for the same candidate. So while some people surely stayed home, I think it is a tiny percentage.

I think we're both guessing! :)

Too bad we won't ever know the truth. ONe thing we can be proud of, though, is that >100,000 people voted for Ron Paul. This is an indication of some very nice surprises when the delegates are announced!!!

N13
04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
This is a clear victory for Ron Paul and our efforts. It will be noticed.

speciallyblend
04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
the gop is shaking in their boots now. the gop will spin this for the good of mccain,but to be honest. The republican party in large numbers thru ron paul and huck just rejected mccain.

NOW THE GOAL IS TO GET BIGGER NUMBERS THRU RON PAUL AND HUCK IN NORTH CAROLINA, and of course i hope we get alot of delegates in PA;)

slacker921
04-22-2008, 09:01 PM
I would bet the GOP is very worried by these results.. not because Paul got >100,000 votes, but rather that the turnout was so light for the Republicans. It's true that McCain is the presumptive nominee so some folks would stay home, but there were loads of local races and delegates to be selected.

spudea
04-22-2008, 09:08 PM
ONe thing we can be proud of, though, is that >100,000 people voted for Ron Paul. This is an indication of some very nice surprises when the delegates are announced!!!

Hell YES!!!!!!

speciallyblend
04-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I would bet the GOP is very worried by these results.. not because Paul got >100,000 votes, but rather that the turnout was so light for the Republicans. It's true that McCain is the presumptive nominee so some folks would stay home, but there were loads of local races and delegates to be selected.

we just need to show why mccain is not electable and how ron paul draws people from all parties. most folks i know that are not republican(or are republican) have no intention of voting for mccain but were very interested in ron paul;) though many wanted nothing to do with the republican party,thank the gop for that one. THE GOP IS REALLY IN DESPERATE TROUBLE,but they are truly deaf dumb and blind.

As a Republican Ron Paul is my only choice ,the gop dug themselves into the hole,how tragic is that;)

nodope0695
04-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Count me among the 28% :D

To hell with John McCain...I will work hard to see him defeated in November...

That won't be very hard...look at the voter turn out for the Dems, and the number of votes Hillary and Obama have recieved compared to McCain...that old fuck doesn't stand a chance in November....but we won't be any better of with Obama or Hillary, so what's it matter?

Mine is going to be a vote of protest, a vote of my conscience, a vote for Ron Paul - even if I have to write him in.

Broadlighter
04-22-2008, 09:58 PM
This is very encouraging. We have voters who are telling the PTBs to go stuff it where the moon don't shine. We need this to continue in the remaining states.

Don't write off Paul. Don't write off your freedom.

nodope0695
04-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Of course, the MSM won't look at it like that...they'll just keep reporting the false delegate count.