PDA

View Full Version : Project for the Grassroots in every state:

wgadget
04-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Here in Georgia we have taken on a project to give each and every delegate to national a copy of Ron's new book.

Since we have already had our district conventions, we are planning on getting the copies out ASAP to the district delegates. We are adding a letter with each package reading as follows:

Dear ___________________,

On behalf of all conservative Republicans, I would like to
congratulate you on being elected as a delegate to the Republican
National Convention. As a national delegate you have an opportunity bring the voice of conservative values and limited government to St. Paul in September. To bear witness to the message of Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater and Robert Taft before him. A message that was eloquently delivered by Ronald Reagan during the 1964 U.S. presidential election in what has become known as "The Speech".
This speech can be viewed online at:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1777069922535499977.
It is in this tradition that we are sending to you, along with every delegate and alternate that will be attending the Republican National Convention, a copy of congressman and presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul's book, "The Revolution: A Manifesto". It is our hope that this book can help reignite the ideas of limited Constitutional government and generate discussion of these topics at the convention. We all want the same things for this wonderful country: a strong national defense, a strong economy, preservation of our individual rights. We just sometimes disagree on how these are best achieved. I ask that you not ignore or discredit this book based on heresy, but judge these ideas for yourself based on the words written within.

In closing, I leave you with these quotes from these three great
Americans:

"Criticism in a time of war is essential to the maintenance of any
kind of democratic government."
--Robert Taft (speaking a few weeks after the Japanese attack on
Pearl Harbor in December 1941)

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no
vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of
justice is no virtue!"
--Barry Goldwater (Acceptance Speech as the 1964 Republican
Presidential candidate)

"Freedom is the right to question and change the established
way of doing things."
--Ronald Reagan (May 31, 1988)

May God be in your heart and mind on this historic occasion.

Your fellow Republican,

It has been suggested that we purchase the books through Lew Rockwell's website. The purchase of these books will up the ranking on booklists across the nation and help finance the Revolution.

We are leaving it up to each congressional district to purchase and distribute the books, either in person or by mail. The goal is to have the project completed by the time of our state convention.

At the state convention, we will take the necessary number of books and distribute them after the voting is over and the results are in, if possible. This way each and every delegate to the national convention from Georgia will be able to make an informed vote when the time comes in September.

Please pass this idea along if you think it's a good one. It would be great if every single delegate in the nation had this priceless manifesto of political common sense.

wgadget
04-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry for the bad formatting!

wgadget
04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Afternoon bump.

Update: Georgia has now completed 8 out of 13 congressional districts in this project. Offer it to your local meetup groups. The total at Amazon.com is approximately $75 to buy 6 books, one for each elected national delegate. After only one day we are 2/3 finished with the project.

hillertexas
04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
great idea

wgadget
04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Get on it, patriots!