PDA

View Full Version : Overstock.com CEO Hypocrisy

SimpleName
04-22-2008, 06:57 PM
This is random, but an interesting thing to note. This is what Patrick Byrnes, the CEO of Overstock.com had to say about Ron Paul

“It is rare to meet a politician who understands the Constitution, and rarer still to meet one who thinks it binds the government meaningfully (I would give Dr. Paul more were there not now a federal blackout on free speech known as ‘McCain-Feingold’). In a television interview last week I stated that, while for the first time in my life I felt there are several candidates qualified to be president, my #1 choice would be Dr. Paul.”

Now after all that good talk about Ron, guess who this fool gives money to. According to opensecrets.org, he gave $2300 to both Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani, but nothing more than $200 (not reported if below that) to Ron Paul. Ehhh...completely confused. What is that all about? Just thought I'd throw this into the mix here.

Bradley in DC
04-22-2008, 07:50 PM
This is random, but an interesting thing to note. This is what Patrick Byrnes, the CEO of Overstock.com had to say about Ron Paul

“It is rare to meet a politician who understands the Constitution, and rarer still to meet one who thinks it binds the government meaningfully (I would give Dr. Paul more were there not now a federal blackout on free speech known as ‘McCain-Feingold’). In a television interview last week I stated that, while for the first time in my life I felt there are several candidates qualified to be president, my #1 choice would be Dr. Paul.”

Now after all that good talk about Ron, guess who this fool gives money to. According to opensecrets.org, he gave $2300 to both Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani, but nothing more than $200 (not reported if below that) to Ron Paul. Ehhh...completely confused. What is that all about? Just thought I'd throw this into the mix here.

Wondering if the RP campaign even asked him for a donation--I'd be Mitt and Rudy did.

acptulsa
04-23-2008, 07:39 AM
"...my #1 choice would be Dr. Paul.”

He likes him but he can't buy him and wants influence. For all we know Murdoch likes him, but...

These rich people really, really hate seeing something they like but can't buy.

yongrel
04-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Maybe he's broke?

JaylieWoW
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Probably because the Presidency isn't about who is the most qualified, nor the most respectful of the constitution, but rather because it is a popularity contest or horse-race.

It would be nice if more people followed their own instincts rather than allowing the "mob" to rule. We might actually be surprised about what each other believes if we spoke honestly rather than in a manner in which we thought might be most "popular". (After all, he does have ratings to worry about, no?)

Perry
04-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Giving to multiple political candidates is very common. Then whomever gets in office you're in good standing. It's how the system works.

simplyadorable
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Ron Paul from what i've been told is some what amazing, but yet different. am i not correct? he's different from every other person that i know of that has tried to run for president. he may like ron but, everyone else likes Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani, so that make's him want to vote for them. he's simply too scared to show who he really likes by giving him tons of money.

Kotin
08-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Ron Paul from what i've been told is some what amazing, but yet different. am i not correct? he's different from every other person that i know of that has tried to run for president. he may like ron but, everyone else likes Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani, so that make's him want to vote for them. he's simply too scared to show who he really likes by giving him tons of money.

you really are simply adorable :D

and Welcome to the Forums!!!