PDA

View Full Version : Get Ron Paul on Daily Show!

rational thinker
04-22-2008, 01:27 PM
We were able to pull it off last time what with all the requests made to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart back in June of '07. Now, let's try to get him on as a guest like right before his book is released so as to gain more attention for his book. Many authors that come onto this show usually leave to find their book amidst the top of best selling lists.

acptulsa
04-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I like it.

Kotin
04-22-2008, 01:29 PM
what is his email??

slacker921
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
This is something he should do.. via his book publisher and campaign.

NightOwl
04-22-2008, 01:31 PM
When doing this, though, do not portray it as Dr. Paul having a new book and wanting to come on the program. Most programs don't go for that. If your book is somehow TOPICAL and related to some current event, then they'll consider it.

So we need to say that Dr. Paul has been warning for years about the economic crisis we face right now. that he's warned for years about the costs of foreign intervention, etc. Then, perhaps, mention the book.

We might also mention that the book is soaring up the bestseller lists even without any national publicity.

WarningSLO
04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm sure Dr. Paul and his publishers are already lining up a media tour for the official release of the book.

Be patient. Many televisions appearances are to come starting around April 30th. Have your youtube ready.

dannno
04-22-2008, 02:21 PM
This is something he should do.. via his book publisher and campaign.

No, this is something we, as "huge fans of The Daily Show" should do ;)

RonPaulFever
04-22-2008, 02:26 PM
I still like Jon Stewart, unlike Maher who has bought into the partisan paradigm hook, line and sinker.

mello
04-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Congressman Paul will be in New York on the 28th for a book signing.
Hopefully they're planning to do the MSM circuit to talk about the book.

I can't seem to find any contact info on the Daily Show website.

mello
04-22-2008, 02:34 PM
I still like Jon Stewart, unlike Maher who has bought into the partisan paradigm hook, line and sinker.

I originally found out about Ron Paul because of Bill Maher. What annoys me about Bill Maher now is that he will still say things that Ron Paul has said without crediting him. (Example, Al-Qaeda hates us because we are over there, not because they hate are freedoms.) Also, he was turned-off by the newsletter story that was released the day before Super Tuesday.

kigol
04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
yah :)

rational thinker
04-22-2008, 06:11 PM
bump

Cowlesy
04-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Absolutely agree with this idea. Ron will be in NYC this coming Monday for Dr. Sabrin's fundraiser (see you there folks), and if we could blast John Stewart, maybe Ron could be on the Tuesday show?

If you guys decide to blast him, I am all for it.

constituent
04-22-2008, 06:22 PM
i'm still upset that colbert hasn't had him on for the "better know a district" segment. what gives?