PDA

View Full Version : McCain Going Over Spending Limits:

Patriot123
04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I've got a quick question. If, say, I wanted to send a complaint about McCain going over his spending limits, where exactly would I send it to? I heard that the FEC was the wrong place as they can't do a thing about it, so does anyone know where you could direct such a letter to? Reason being is that I recently coded a money bomb for June 6th, but then found out that the campaign isn't going to be taking donations after the last primary, and all donations would eventually go to McCain... So instead of letting the thing go to waste, I figured I'd sort of transform the website into a mass "send a letter to blank organization day." The website is http://dday2008.com

So if anyone could answer that, that would be great.

acptulsa
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
The Federal Elections Commission FEC has much more to do with this than the FCC (Communications), but the FEC currently can't do jack because they don't have enough seated commissioners on their board to make any decision. The majority of their seats are empty, making it impossible for the majority of their board to pass a ruling.

Congress needs to nominate commissioners before Dubya can even drag his feet, so I would suggest you start with your represenative and your senators.

Patriot123
04-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Sorry, that one was a typo :p Meant to put FEC. My apologies. But also, the FEC has the sole power to disqualify McCain, though. Right? Congress, as you said, can only appoint them, being the commissioners.

acptulsa
04-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Nobody has the power with the FEC, if you'll pardon the pun, out of commission.

Patriot123
04-22-2008, 07:11 PM
So then, in short, the only one with the power to disqualify McCain is the FEC, but they don't have enough commissioners to actually disqualify McCain at the moment... Correct?