PDA

View Full Version : FEC Violation Ends McCain's Presidential Bid...

zoi
04-22-2008, 07:26 AM
FEC Violation Ends McCain's Presidential Bid...
Wouldn't that be a great headline to read! Lets make it happen!

On March 21st Mathew Mosk of The Washington Post,
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/03/21/mccain_blows_by_public_spendin.html
reported that Sen. John McCain has officially broken the $54
million dollar spending limitation imposed by the presidential
public financing system.

At the link below you will find a Microsoft Word document drafted
by our Connecticut Coordinator. It is formal complaint to the
FEC to investigate McCain's violation. If we flood the FEC with
complaints they will have to take notice. Do not delay and file
your complaint with the FEC TODAY!!! If McCain gets bumped out of
the race... Ron Paul could rise to the foreground! ... and it only
takes one print out and a $0.41 stamp.

http://www.restoretherepublic.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,96/Itemid,59/

If you are a Ron Paul Meetup group member, notify your meetup of
this action immediately.

RestoreTheRepublic.com

PS. New RTR video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVz_EDyOmj4

RON PAUL
HOPE FOR AMERICA
BE A PART OF IT
First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me. by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

acptulsa
04-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Saw something similar in another forum. Once again, the FEC can do nothing. Lobby your Represenative and Senator to make appointments so the FEC will have enough seated on it's board to actually make a ruling.

The FEC has to have a majority in agreement to make a ruling, and right now the majority of their seats are empty.

angelatc
04-22-2008, 07:42 AM
I believe it is President Bush that has to fill the seats. He will certainly fill them with people sympathetic to McCain.

This is a goes nowhere, does nothing issue. The best part of it is the bad press. McCain's bid won't be nullified - he'll get a petty fine or something even lesser. A bad mark on his permanant record, perhaps.

acptulsa
04-22-2008, 07:49 AM
I believe it is President Bush that has to fill the seats. He will certainly fill them with people sympathetic to McCain.

This is a goes nowhere, does nothing issue. The best part of it is the bad press. McCain's bid won't be nullified - he'll get a petty fine or something even lesser. A bad mark on his permanant record, perhaps.

Yes, Dubya has to confirm the nominees. And, yes, airing the issue is something that can help our cause.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Saw something similar in another forum. Once again, the FEC can do nothing. Lobby your Represenative and Senator to make appointments so the FEC will have enough seated on it's board to actually make a ruling.

The FEC has to have a majority in agreement to make a ruling, and right now the majority of their seats are empty.

As both the Clinton years and the following Bush administrations have led our nation away from the civil purpose in the Constitution towards a rule of tyranny by the implemention of false movements, we live today in a government which is taking on the characteristics of totalitarianism.

Totalitarianism according to Wikepedia: Totalitarianism is a concept used in political science that describes a state that regulates nearly every aspect of public and private sectors. Totalitarian regimes or movements maintain themselves in political power by means of secret police, propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, personality cults, regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism, single-party states, the use of mass surveillance, and widespread use of terror tactics.

Secret police -- The use of secret police has increased in the United States as a result of increased security because of the 911 terrorist attack.
Propaganda disseminated -- Utilized misinformation by the state to lead people to focus on an abstract purpose of living responsible lives rather than focus primarily on the existential purpose of human contentment and happiness. (The people's thirst for happiness and contentment is never quenched adequately by the state)
State-controlled mass media -- As the established media in this nation have grown to become major corporations, the smaller Internet companies are threatening their prominence. To combat the inventiveness of up and coming Internet media, the established media have turned to lobbying the Federal government. As a result, the established media have fallen under the influence of the Federal government.
Personality cults -- Periods of increased hatred and violence where people lose their souls and identities to a government of tyranny while having to serve it by living responsible lives rather than happy ones.
Regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism -- More state secrets in the United States has lead to more regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism.
Single party states -- The Democratic and Republican parties have eroded to a single party state with its own established Federal media (Corporations which depend on Federal lobbying for their survival).
The use of mass surveillance -- The use of wire taps have increased during the existential crisis created by the 911 terrorist act. (An existential crisis is any period in which the government focuses on the requirement of people to be responsible rather than it focus on the prerequisite need for the people to be content and happy).
Widespead use of terror tactics -- The attacks on the smaller Branch Davidian and Mormon Churches in Waco are examples of increased terror tactics during the false movements of both the Clintons years and the following Bush administration.
It is interesting to note that while it has turned to regulating the smaller Churches out of business, the Federal Government has allowed the Catholic Church to govern itself in regards to widespread reports of its tens of thousands of sexual abuses against children.