PDA

View Full Version : Is food a better investment than gold?

MalcolmGandi
04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
I now believe it is. If/when we go into a depression, are starving people going to value a yellow metal higher than food? I think that things could change for us a lot in the next year. Food is the only way we'll be able to maintain independence. I just listened to some seminars on efoodsdirect.com, and the stuff they are saying makes a lot of sense (even if there are strong Christian overtones)....

Anyway, I think we should start a co-op.

buffalokid777
04-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I now believe it is. If/when we go into a depression, are starving people going to value a yellow metal higher than food? I think that things could change for us a lot in the next year. Food is the only way we'll be able to maintain independence. I just listened to some seminars on efoodsdirect.com, and the stuff they are saying makes a lot of sense (even if there are strong Christian overtones)....

If anything....you should learn to GROW food...then you wont have to trade yer gold for it.....but you will have food to trade for those with gold......

That is the best you can learn to save america.......

1.) we need to stop consuming and start producing,,,,,

2.) we need to stop spending and start saving (in precious metals instead of fiat)

Dr.3D
04-21-2008, 11:58 PM
If anything....you should learn to GROW food...then you wont have to trade yer gold for it.....but you will have food to trade for those with gold......

That is the best you can learn to save america.......

1.) we need to stop consuming and start producing,,,,,

2.) we need to stop spending and start saving (in precious metals instead of fiat)

If you are going to grow your own food, make sure you get heirloom seeds.
Hybrid seeds in many cases will not sprout the next year after you have harvested them from your previous years crop. This means, you would only get one crop and then be out of seed.

buffalokid777
04-22-2008, 12:01 AM
If you are going to grow your own food, make sure you get heirloom seeds.
Hybrid seeds in many cases will not sprout the next year after you have harvested them from your previous years crop. This means, you would only get one crop and then be out of seed.

got em :) actually enough for 10 years before using derivative seeds

jonahtrainer
04-22-2008, 12:09 AM

You really need to evaluate the risk (http://www.runtogold.com) you are exposed to. One should always keep at least 3 months of food on hand at all times.