PDA

View Full Version : "Charlie Wilson's War" - Movie about a Texas Congressman?

Knightskye
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHl-6uH8MUQ

Funny stuff.

"How is it possible that this congressman of no particular importance is doing this by himself!?" :p

And there's a bit of dialogue (http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/articles/2007/12/30/winning_moments_and_great_losses/) in the movie that I found pretty funny:

"You ain't no James Bond."
"You ain't no Thomas Jefferson!"

Hahaha. :D

Conza88
04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Think my dad saw this.. said I'd get pissed off? lol.

WarningSLO
04-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Too bad most of the important points of the film go way over the head of most Americans. Undeclared illegal wars, foreign aid, foreign intervention, bleeding an economy dry (in this case, Russia's), and blowback will all be ignored because people will think the point of the movie is that it is "noble" of us to try and police and save the world.

It's so ironic that the method we used to bleed the Russians dry (an unwinnable guerrilla war) is now being used against us by the same people we taught it to; and our leaders are falling for it, hook, line, and sinker.

amy31416
04-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Crap, I meant to go see that. Is it still in the theaters?

ChrisInMN
04-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Too bad most of the important points of the film go way over the head of most Americans. Undeclared illegal wars, foreign aid, foreign intervention, bleeding an economy dry (in this case, Russia's), and blowback will all be ignored because people will think the point of the movie is that it is "noble" of us to try and police and save the world.

It's so ironic that the method we used to bleed the Russians dry (an unwinnable guerrilla war) is now being used against us by the same people we taught it to; and our leaders are falling for it, hook, line, and sinker.

I thought that the movie was put together rather well - but historically speaking they never once mentioned osama bin laden. In fact, the entire forces that they arm and train in the movie were lead by bin laden himself. Despite fellow American viewers not understanding the trouble that has erupted since these times, the majority of the sheep would be amazed to find out that bin laden was a top leader in the revolts.
Nonetheless, it's a good watch for some corrupt, government behind the scenes kinda stuff. Plus there's hooters, cocaine, and the classic politician pay offs.

ChrisInMN
Live Monday-Friday 7pm-8pm EST
www.rpiradio.com