PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Campaign Staff for Congressional Candidates

Tarzan
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Join a Team to take back our government...
Help "Ron Paul Clones" get elected to Congress... starting Now!

We can make a difference during THIS election cycle. We can use our skills to create a Virtual Campaign Staff to help "Ron Paul Clones" win seats in Congress... not in two year, not in four years, but NOW! Right NOW!!!

Congress is the main problem because Congress makes the laws and dictates the funding. We need to get MORE Constitutionally minded congressmen in office as quickly as possible. We need to send more Ron Pauls to Congress. And we can do it by creating a team that can help these candidates WIN! Not just put on a good showing; but WIN! And they need our help to do so... they need our help to WIN!

There are 435 members in the house and they are elected every two years. That means we can replace every one of them every two years... we just need the right candidates with the right tools and support. We already have candidates running who will enforce the Constitution if elected. We need to do everything we can to get them in office during this election cycle. Imagine if we could get 10+ more Ron Pauls in office this coming year... then, 50+ more in another two years... then, 100+ more four years from now. We could take back control of federal government by getting Constitutional candidates in office.

What can we do NOW?
We can identify these Constitutional Candidates... provide them with a Virtual Campaign Staff to help them spread "The Message" and provide them with the materials they need to Win! We need to provide them with professional grade materials including copywriting, speech writing, websites, flyers, slim jims, yard signs, billboards, polling information, newspaper ads, newspaper articles, online videos, broadcast videos and much more.

Sound Daunting? Its not!
Here's the notion... since many of these candidates have the same or similar positions on the issues we can create a boilerplate or template of the basic materials. We can them customize them as needed and make modifications to put written materials and speeches in the candidates' own voice. By using this boilerplate method we can support several viable candidates while maximizing our efforts.

Got Skills? Put them to use!
This effort will require a number of skills. Here are some to consider, but certainly not a complete list:
Copywriters (for written materials, website text, speeches, articles, etc.)
Graphic Designers (for printed materials)
Website Designers & Developers
Social Network Developers (MySpace, Facebook, etc.)
Researchers (to find information about the opponent, voters, possible venues, etc.)
Marketers (both online and brick & mortar)
Fashion Experts (yup... someone to tell the candidate how to dress)
Pollsters (to conduct polls via phone, internet, in person)
Phone Solicitors (to make calls promoting the candidate)
Fund Raisers (for money bombs, and getting donations)
Research Team to identify viable candidates
Photographers (in the candidates local area)
Videographers
Video Producers (for Utube, the candidate's site, commercial broadcast)
Music Producers and creators (to find or create music as needed)
Voice Over Artists (for radio & TV spots)
Unskilled Labor (think you don't have any skills for this? Wrong! There are plenty of projects not requiring specific skills... just a professional attitude and a genuine desire to win)

Where do we go from here? We get started!
No one person can do all of this alone. We need a team of folks willing to put in the effort to Win! To do so we will need to get organized, assemble the folks committed to this effort, then identify the candidate, contact them and start working. So, as a first step let's try this:
1. If you are interested please PM me with your contact information (full name, location, email, phone) and any particular skill sets (please provide examples or links if you are a designer or writer). Some short references such as other Ron Paul projects on which you have worked or RP leaders who know you (yes, we will be vetting to avoid enlisting trolls... sorry)
2. If we have enough interest to move this project forward I will setup a coordination site using Windows SharePoint.
3. We will plan a couple of initial, virtual meetings to establish our objectives and working parameters.
4. Post a comment on this thread if you are in... let others see support for this project growing.

If you don't have a Constitutional candidate in your area; please get involved anyway. We need to take back Congress to effect real change. Even if it is not your local district it is the beginning of the fruition of "The Movement". Plus, I have a plan for grooming candidates in all districts for future elections. We still need your help regardless of your locale.

No time to waste...
There are others out there planning similar efforts... but we are running out of time and we need action NOW. We can no longer afford to wait for them to come online. We need to take action NOW to help the Constitutional Candidates WIN during this election cycle.!

[B]So... want to get involved and make a REAL difference???
PM me with your information.

New York For Paul
04-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Looks like a great idea.

yongrel
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM
This is a great effort. I myself have already signed up, and I encourage the rest of y'all to do the same.

gregb
04-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I think it is a great idea too. The only thing I'd change is that "Windows SharePoint" thing - I believe that the open-source ideals are much closer to the Ron Paul message (to put it mildly). I'm sure that an open-source effort would be likely to even garner some publicity and support from the community whereas I'm pretty certain that Windows has a connection to MSNBC (to put it mildly) and should be eschewed.

Liberty or Death
05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Tarzan you cannot receive PM's??

tangent4ronpaul
05-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Hi Tarzan,

we are already doing this and more. Please see the OCH: We Need Volunteers post in this forum.

We have already contacted the Congressional candidates and a good number have joined a Meetup we set up for them.

We've also helped one candidate with a GOTV calling program and have listed support needed requests by several other candidates in our Grassroots Classifieds section.

A web form for volunteers to be listed in our Skills Bank should be up soon.

Why don't you join us?

thanks,

Nathan

Bradley in DC
05-07-2008, 07:45 AM
This is a very important thread.

amy31416
05-07-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm in.

Aratus
05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
bump...

Tarzan
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I am closing this thread to to lack of interest... thanks to those who were.

If you want to help other RP candidates try Operation Cat Herder (http://www.operationcatherder.com/).

I will be leaving the forums but can be contacted at RonPaul (at) QuantumHost (dot) net.

good luck to us all

Tarzan
05-13-2008, 01:06 AM
I have had a couple of folks encourage me to reopen this thread... so, I have.
And, my PM is back on.

Time is growing shorter... if you are interested (or know of a skilled individual who might be) please contact me and let's get going. :)

Bradley in DC
05-13-2008, 06:04 AM
I have had a couple of folks encourage me to reopen this thread... so, I have.
And, my PM is back on.

Time is growing shorter... if you are interested (or know of a skilled individual who might be) please contact me and let's get going. :)

+1 :)

Tarzan
05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Still no interest... closing this thread for good this time... yet another missed opportunity. :(