PDA

View Full Version : How Ron Paul Can Win!

NathanTurner
04-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I just came across this article and thought it was very intriguing, especially with all the problems Ron Paul's delegates are having in their respective states:

[Admin note- Duplicate- see:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133550
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133750 ]

http://www.nolanchart.com/article3486.html

Feelgood
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
:rolleyes:

Kotin
04-21-2008, 08:28 PM
yea, it has been posted and discussed. sorry.

Bradley in DC
04-21-2008, 08:28 PM
It's been posted, debated and debunked several times. You can search links before posting the same ones in new threads.

nate895
04-21-2008, 08:35 PM
It's been posted, debated and debunked several times. You can search links before posting the same ones in new threads.

And I think you're now on ignore joining such folks as abe and Ron Paul Fan (same person).

NathanTurner
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Well then, I suppose this has truly been a failure of a campaign and there is no longer any hope of any worthy candidate being nominated.

Excuse me while I stockpile PMs and food products and await the apocalypse.

Zera
04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
How has this strategy been debunked? It would take both the normal and alternate delegates to be Paul delegates and a good bit of strategy stuff, but it's certainly possible.

utrunner07
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
How has this strategy been debunked? It would take both the normal and alternate delegates to be Paul delegates and a good bit of strategy stuff, but it's certainly possible.

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! The quicker people realize that and adjust accordingly the better this country will be.

NathanTurner
04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! The quicker people realize that and adjust accordingly the better this country will be.

You know, I was told the same thing when I was talking to people about the importance of Ron Paul being nominated. Most of them were either Hillary or McCain supporters.

Just out of curiousity, who are you going to vote for in this election? :rolleyes:

The way I figure it, there are two options: one is that, at the rate things are going now, we're going to have an unfit president chipping away at even more of our civil liberties. The other option is to think outside the box and take a long shot; even if it doesn't work or isn't 100% feasible, we aren't losing anything. We're simply trying to overturn the inevitable and oppose the underhanded and perhaps illegal tactics of the GOP, which is unacceptable by any Constitutionalist standard.

AJ Antimony
04-21-2008, 09:46 PM

Answer his question so he can agree with you if youre so sure with yourself.

mdh
04-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Well then, I suppose this has truly been a failure of a campaign and there is no longer any hope of any worthy candidate being nominated.

Excuse me while I stockpile PMs and food products and await the apocalypse.

If that's what you want to do, go to it. Personally I'll be around here promoting liberty in the myriad other ways that we all can. It seems to me that some people are hung up on the notion that one presidential nomination campaign is the only thing going on in the world of politics. That's kind of silly, considering that that is missing out on the 400+ representatives and senators, and that's only at the federal level. Don't like candidate campaigns where wins and losses are so harshly measured? There're plenty of issues campaigns as well, or you could get involved with a political party. There's so much work to be done that if everyone who liked Ron Paul dug in and started doing it instead of running off screaming because Ron Paul won't be president in 2009, or foolishly clinging to time-wasting silliness like this, or giving up altogether... we'd be making huge waves in just a few short years. Yes, I said years. Most of the people here are new to politics entirely, and as anyone who isn't new to politics will tell you, even with the new people and their wonderful enthusiasm that this campaign brought, not much can be accomplished by people without substantive connections within the first year of their ever becoming involved. That's just a harsh reality. If those same people stick around a few years, the opportunities are tremendous, though.

I'm just ranting ineloquently at this point, but there's a good point to be made based on what I've just said.

mdh
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
The other option is to think outside the box and take a long shot; even if it doesn't work or isn't 100% feasible, we aren't losing anything.

I hear this a lot, but wasting your time which is better spent elsewhere is in fact a detriment to our movement. Cold hard reality.

runningdiz
04-21-2008, 09:57 PM
The presidency is not as important as some make it out to be. If we could take over 2/3 of congress we could make the president powerless once again. Little steps at a time.

Zera
04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
The presidency is not as important as some make it out to be. If we could take over 2/3 of congress we could make the president powerless once again. Little steps at a time.

Except, Paul is one of the little voices of true liberty in Congress. There are virtually no other ones, and even if we do get a few elected, that won't help much against maybe 430 others, and a whole other house. The President has the biggest influence on things, so having a President that advocates liberty would help more than anything.

nate895
04-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Am I the only one who thinks we can do both?

Don't give more money to the Presidential Campaign and just show up and organize for caucuses. Give your money and volunteer time to the Congressional Candidates. If we manage to pull out the infinitesimally small chance of getting the nomination, you can take a week's or more vacation from work and dedicate your time to getting out the message for the greatest Cinderella Story in political history, if not history in general.

NathanTurner
04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Am I the only one who thinks we can do both?

Don't give more money to the Presidential Campaign and just show up and organize for caucuses. Give your money and volunteer time to the Congressional Candidates. If we manage to pull out the infinitesimally small chance of getting the nomination, you can take a week's or more vacation from work and dedicate your time to getting out the message for the greatest Cinderella Story in political history, if not history in general.

I agree; it seems that people are entirely too one-dimensional. We can support other candidates; work with suitable political parties; reform the Republican Party to return it to its original platform; take long shots to try to get Dr. Paul the nomination; and with our time left, hoard, stockpile and await the Apocalypse like I mentioned earlier. That's what I like about these grassroots efforts: a wide variety of people can devote their talents to a wide variety of methods to get the message of Liberty out there where it is sorely needed.

We hedge our financial assets against risk through diversification; why shouldn't we do the same with our political/social aspirations, also?

nate895
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I agree; it seems that people are entirely too one-dimensional. We can support other candidates; work with suitable political parties; reform the Republican Party to return it to its original platform; take long shots to try to get Dr. Paul the nomination; and with our time left, hoard, stockpile and await the Apocalypse like I mentioned earlier. That's what I like about these grassroots efforts: a wide variety of people can devote their talents to a wide variety of methods to get the message of Liberty out there where it is sorely needed.

We hedge our assets against risk with regard to our finances; why shouldn't we do the same with our political/social aspirations, also?

As far as preparing for the apocalypse goes, my family has a gun, The Holy Bible, the Constitution, a few books on history and agriculture.

Think that's enough?

NathanTurner
04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
As far as preparing for the apocalypse goes, my family has a gun, The Holy Bible, the Constitution, a few books on history and agriculture.

Think that's enough?

You may want to throw in the Qur'an, the Norse Eddas, and maybe the Guru Sri Granth Saheeb just to be sure. Diversification, remember? :D

mdh
04-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah, get as many religious texts as possible. You can burn them for warmth during a nuclear winter.
:p

kigol
04-21-2008, 11:46 PM
hehe

Jodi's mom
04-21-2008, 11:52 PM
I hear this a lot, but wasting your time which is better spent elsewhere is in fact a detriment to our movement. Cold hard reality.

With God ALL things are possible -- TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE!

mdh
04-21-2008, 11:54 PM
With God ALL things are possible -- TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE!

This is a wholeheartedly silly statement.
But hey, try not paying your bills for the next three months and expect the utilities not to cut you off. If you believe so strongly, maybe God will prevent them from doing so. :p

Maybe it's just me, but I think we had plenty of true believers in the Ron Paul movement including Dr. Paul himself. How come he didn't sweep most states?

Jodi's mom
04-22-2008, 12:17 AM
This is a wholeheartedly silly statement.
But hey, try not paying your bills for the next three months and expect the utilities not to cut you off. If you believe so strongly, maybe God will prevent them from doing so. :p

Maybe it's just me, but I think we had plenty of true believers in the Ron Paul movement including Dr. Paul himself. How come he didn't sweep most states?

God's promise is silly? If you don't pay your bills for three months, you DESERVE to have the utilities shut off. DUH!!! God doesn't honor stupidity.

If you can't encourage those who are working their butts off, just don't say anything. The fight is hard enough without the negativity.

Most people with an operating brain know the reason why Dr. Paul didn't "sweep" most states. Here's a hint. It starts with an "m".

mdh
04-22-2008, 12:27 AM
God's promise is silly? If you don't pay your bills for three months, you DESERVE to have the utilities shut off. DUH!!! God doesn't honor stupidity.

If you can't encourage those who are working their butts off, just don't say anything. The fight is hard enough without the negativity.

Most people with an operating brain know the reason why Dr. Paul didn't "sweep" most states. Here's a hint. It starts with an "m".

You just contradicted yourself, though. You clearly stated that you feel that if you believe in God, then all things are possible. Now you're backtracking on that quite substantially. As far as negativity, I'll say whatever I please. You can bet it'll all be true, and I can back it all up. All I'm asking you to do is back up a claim which you made as fact.

Jodi's mom
04-22-2008, 12:56 AM
You just contradicted yourself, though. You clearly stated that you feel that if you believe in God, then all things are possible. That's right.

Now you're backtracking on that quite substantially.
Where did I backtrack? Quote it.

As far as negativity, I'll say whatever I please. You can bet it'll all be true, and I can back it all up.
I'll bet you visit childrens hospitals and tell them to give up, because there's not a chance in hell they'll make it!

All I'm asking you to do is back up a claim which you made as fact. If you're referring to "All things are possible..." that is God's statement, Sweetheart. I don't have to prove His word. He's big enough to do Himself.

mdh
04-22-2008, 01:06 AM

Either everything is possible if you believe in God, or this "m" thing is capable of preventing it. Can't have it both ways.

Where did I backtrack? Quote it.

See above.

I'll bet you visit childrens hospitals and tell them to give up, because there's not a chance in hell they'll make it!

Now that sounds like fun. :)

If you're referring to "All things are possible..." that is God's statement, Sweetheart. I don't have to prove His word. He's big enough to do Himself.

Then how come he didn't prove it by Ron Paul sweeping every state? Are you saying that that 'm' thing is more powerful than or exerts more control over the world than God does? :eek: Or that Ron Paul and his followers did not have enough faith in God or that they were not true believers?

Jodi's mom
04-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Either everything is possible if you believe in God, or this "m" thing is capable of preventing it. Can't have it both ways.

No doubt I'm wasting my time, but here's how it goes, Sweetie, I'll make it as simple as I can.
You must have missed the part where it says TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE. God gives a promise and anyone who needs/wants the promise can believe or not believe.

Say, a believer decides to believe. Then along comes one of the devil's minions and tells the believer who is trying their best to believe, "This is stupid! You really don't believe this can happen, do you?" or this:

Originally Posted by mdh
Nothing but pure negativity in that statement.

MDH
Now that sounds like fun. :)

And that makes you....what? one of satan's minions? AH! So that's what MDH stands for!!! Minion=Devil's Helper!!!

Then how come he didn't prove it by Ron Paul sweeping every state? Are you saying that that 'm' thing is more powerful than or exerts more control over the world than God does? :eek: Or that Ron Paul and his followers did not have enough faith in God or that they were not true believers?

Read above, again....very slowly and think about everything I've said. "M" represents the MEDIA. Do you really believe they gave Ron Paul a fair deal? Come on, now!

It's a spiritual battle where God's people are tested on the battlefield. They grow or they don't. They believe God or they believe Satan. If they believe God, they win. If they submit to satan who is a LIAR, they lose. Whose side are you on?

Enough time spent here. Remember, if the Founding Fathers had listened to someone like you (there were mdhs then, too!:eek: ), we'd all be speaking with a British accent. If you keep up the negative work you've been putting out here, you, too, will suffer right along with the rest of us. So my advice to you is to work hard to get Ron Paul the nomination and quit hindering those who work hard for that end. Be a cheerleader instead. :)

acptulsa
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Nothing but pure negativity in that statement.

All this and an avatar that looks like a sock puppet. Faith is a powerful thing, if for no other reason than those who give up never, ever pull off an endgame. Fact. Disprove it.

I'm so glad you have so little faith in the American people to believe that they actually like politicians who don't follow their own laws. But with a crashing economy, I personally believe that anything is possible--even an electorate paying attention. Flame me all you want for that, sock puppet. I really don't care.

Jodi's mom
04-22-2008, 03:33 PM
You know, I was told the same thing when I was talking to people about the importance of Ron Paul being nominated. Most of them were either Hillary or McCain supporters.

Just out of curiousity, who are you going to vote for in this election? :rolleyes:

The way I figure it, there are two options: one is that, at the rate things are going now, we're going to have an unfit president chipping away at even more of our civil liberties. The other option is to think outside the box and take a long shot; even if it doesn't work or isn't 100% feasible, we aren't losing anything. We're simply trying to overturn the inevitable and oppose the underhanded and perhaps illegal tactics of the GOP, which is unacceptable by any Constitutionalist standard.

Great post, Nathan!! and every word is right on!!

I think they used to shoot people in the olden days for inciting despair. The least we could do on the forum is ban them until the battle is over!