PDA

View Full Version : How Stupid Do They Think We Are???

moostraks
04-21-2008, 03:26 PM
This is one of many rants I have about the delegate meeting we went to this past weekend. After a tortureous period of listening to the fine Congressman from both Georgia and Florida tell us to be afraid, be very afraid of everything from the boogey men of the democratic party, to the evil ex-President Carter, with a few terrorists overseas thrown in for good GOP measure...we were then informed of the ignorance of the general public in relying on the federal government to do for the individual what the individual should do for themselves.

Congressman Jeff Miller went on to give scathing commentary on the Katrina situation while his proud people of Florida were able to do without (Re:Andrew)(methinks he has short term memory loss on this one!!) and what a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in now when one must believe the federal government is there to protect and serve the individual.(Lest you be confused it is the perrogative of the government to supersede the concept of individualism to protect its constituents when the threat is an ideology of terrorist extremism...But I digress)

Then,in the same breath he says of course the government should bale out the banks but to help the individual is unthinkable and unamerican. So whose payroll do you think he is on? Could it be J P Morgan??? Remind me again why it is the individual deserves no respect but the bank industry needs a hand out at the individuals expense???

What is good for the goose should be good enough for the gander and businesses that make unsound decisions should be punished the same as the individual. However, in the case of the banks they want it to be a matter of national interest so they can fleece us from both ends. :mad::mad::mad:

acptulsa
04-21-2008, 04:58 PM
They aren't used to patriots showing up. For years it has only been the special interests showing up. They can't adjust.

Record them and put 'em on the 'net. Maybe John Q. Public will begin to understand whether or not they represent him.