PDA

View Full Version : Iowa district declares McCain nominee, Paul supporters knocked down

Salam
04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

From Dubuque, Iowa; http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=198830

I assume that this scenario has been playing out across the US but I found this article interesting.

mczerone
04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
But when the comment period ended, Dix called for a vote to confirm his decision and ruled that two-thirds of the delegates had, by a show of hands, supported his ruling.

So 2/3 supported Dix's ruling, that the original Paul supporter was out of order.

That's how it read to me. So the supporter was out of order - It doesn't make his point invalid. And if it truly was just a 2/3 vote that he was out of order, and not that they should recognize McCain as the nominee (as the article leads one to believe, but doesn't say), then what does that have to do with anything, except showing the political naiveté of the passionate?

therealjjj77
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I was there(well, in the platform committee meeting while this was occurring). Let me say it is irrelevant whether or not someone got to talk about Ron Paul at this district convention or not. The ideas Ron Paul represents are far more important than him getting some representation at the convention. We achieved the more important task. We also have many going on to fill the platform committee(I included and others I know and trust) so, with the exception of our hopes for credentials committee, Saturday was a big success for liberty in my book.

mczerone
04-21-2008, 02:00 PM
I was there(well, in the platform committee meeting while this was occurring). Let me say it is irrelevant whether or not someone got to talk about Ron Paul at this district convention or not. The ideas Ron Paul represents are far more important than him getting some representation at the convention. We achieved the more important task. We also have many going on to fill the platform committee(I included and others I know and trust) so, with the exception of our hopes for credentials committee, Saturday was a big success for liberty in my book.

Thank you for going, and for representing.

I knew that the ideals of the movement would be accepted, and the people at the meeting were nice about it all. This article is just another example of framing us as kooks.