04-21-2008, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWr5Wl-mev0

soapmistress
04-21-2008, 09:02 AM
This one is my favorite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyIqyTvKiYA

Kalifornia
04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Am I the only one that is sometimes embarrassed by Paul's "questions" that either arent questions or questions that are clearly off point to the testimony that is being taken? Those questions for Petrayus (sic?) really arent questions Petrayus can answer. Pet is the .mil equivalent of a corporate VP. He may exercise some judgment in the execution of orders, but he doesnt set policy.

Its too bad they cant line up the whole NSC (who does help determine policy) and let Paul rail on them for a day. That would be fun to watch.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I can tell you why. Ron Paul is not an insider, that's why the media scorns him. The MSM ARE the lobbyists (special interest group) that we talk about all the time!

acptulsa
04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
The G.O.P. rank and file don't hate him, really. Saw The Russians are Coming The Russians are Coming last night for the first time in forever. Pretty funny movie. The point of it is that regardless of who we're taught to hate and why, the citizens of the Soviet Union were people, too. In the movie, the people on both sides get over the fact that they were taught to hate and focus on a greater hate for pointless war. We have to do the same with the G.O.P. We are.

We have a big advantage over the Soviets in the movie. Most of us can speak English--better than the president, in fact.

P.S. As for the head neocons in charge--they'll hate us like they'll hate anyone who tries to come between them and their schemes. Our job is to endure their slings and arrows until the G.O.P. rank and file begins to ask themselves why.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-21-2008, 09:44 AM
The G.O.P. rank and file don't hate him, really. Saw The Russians are Coming The Russians are Coming last night for the first time in forever. Pretty funny movie. The point of it is that regardless of who we're taught to hate and why, the citizens of the Soviet Union were people, too. In the movie, the people on both sides get over the fact that they were taught to hate and focus on a greater hate for pointless war. We have to do the same with the G.O.P. We are.

We have a big advantage over the Soviets in the movie. Most of us can speak English--better than the president, in fact.

but why are some former Soviets still commies?

acptulsa
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
but why are some former Soviets still commies?

Same reason some G.O.P. rank and file types are neocons. Even if it isn't in their own self interest and encroaches on their freedoms, some people just like strong leaders and being part of a kick ass empire. Some are just like that.

P.S. Fact is, thinking for oneself is just too much trouble for a certain percentage of the population...

JosephTheLibertarian
04-21-2008, 09:48 AM
I would like voluntary communism. That's like...sort of like amish. That's pretty cool. but the SU was a piece of shit!