PDA

View Full Version : Contest to get Governor Elected

raystone
04-20-2008, 09:27 PM
So I’m reading John Adams’s Revolution (1765-1776) by Cass Canfield.

And there is a section which explains how competition between the colonies to lead the fight against the British was a major impetus to action.

In addition, right now, we are experiencing the best way to regain control of the U.S. government is to start local, and within one’s state.

How about a contest…

The first person (or group) responsible for leading a campaign resulting in a Ron Paul Republican elected governor , will win a prize.

The prize is yet to be determined, do you think we can raise a $1M for it ? Do we want it to be cash. How about lunch with Ron Paul ? Ideas ?

The benefits of this contest are many…

The local political machine needed to get a governor elected will, by it’s existence, take over state Republican politics. Out with the old, in with the new. The seachange will affect all state representative and state senator offices getting Ron Paul Republicans running in most contests.

The successful Ron Paul Republicans will move up to U.S. Congress offices.

A new establishment will take hold, one for freedom, peace, and prosperity.

Comments ?

nate895
04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I consider Dino Rossi to be a Ron Paul Republican, he knows Lew Moore and some other campaign big wigs. He will be the next governor of Washington State.

I think the prize should be something that many people should be able to get involved in. Lunch with RP will not be very special with a thousand in the room, and $1M isn't very much distributed over so many people.

raystone
04-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I consider Dino Rossi to be a Ron Paul Republican, he knows Lew Moore and some other campaign big wigs. He will be the next governor of Washington State.

I think the prize should be something that many people should be able to get involved in. Lunch with RP will not be very special with a thousand in the room, and $1M isn't very much distributed over so many people.

Looks like it's a dead heat, statistically insignificant poll differences. Go Dino !

Has Rossi given his position on important state issues such as Real ID, marijuana legalization, property rights, gun rights ?

DealzOnWheelz
04-21-2008, 12:24 PM
It sounds like a pretty good idea but there are too many grey areas of how someone helped in getting a person elected. I think we can fine tune the idea a little bit to get the best results.

LibertyIn08
04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Possible recall in Illinois against Blagojevich.

People despise the Republicans here, but the State Democrats are just as bad. Good opening for an anti-war, pro-liberty, and fiscally conservative candidate. Would do well enough in the southern counties and suburbs to possibly usurp the city machine.

raystone
04-22-2008, 12:27 PM
so, thumbs up or thumbs down ?