PDA

View Full Version : Opinions...?

Patriot123
04-20-2008, 11:07 AM
So I was debating a person a while back over freedom, liberty, America, the Patriot Act, War on Terror, etcetera. Now when it got down to liberty and the Patriot Act, the person said to me, "Why do you care if it it's not going to affect you personally? You're acting like a child, whining for more freedoms. Just be happy with what our governments given you." Now this struck me sort of... I dunno', weird. I mean, I won the debate eventually by simply responding by saying, "shouldn't we still strive for what our founders envisioned? At the least, in respect to what they did for this country?" But the reason why I made this topic is this. I'm just curious on peoples opinions on the above... On this:
"Why do you care if it it's not going to affect you personally? You're acting like a child, whining for more freedoms. Just be happy with what our governments given you."

Kludge
04-20-2008, 11:10 AM
You personally pay taxes for each of those, which serve you personally no benefit.

There's no reason to send men off to die at my expense and then have the nation weakened politically and as far as the labor force.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
A governement big enough to give you everything you need is a governement big enough to take away everything you have.

nate895
04-20-2008, 11:13 AM
This was my argument, it is just retarded and I have no reason why someone to make it and it is so retarded there really is no counter.

Patriot123
04-20-2008, 11:13 AM
A governement big enough to give you everything you need is a governement big enough to take away everything you have.
You know, I actually used that same argument :p Towards the end. Sort of funny, really.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
04-20-2008, 11:19 AM
i wish i could spell government

amy31416
04-20-2008, 12:09 PM
i wish i could spell government

Me too. :p

You now have to write it out 100 times.

Banana
04-20-2008, 12:14 PM
It's easy!

Just think:

grub-ber-my-income!=gubermint

Highland
04-20-2008, 12:16 PM
The ringer on this question...is that the Government didn't give you your freedom..God gave us our freedom at birth. It is the government's job to protect our God Given Freedom. Unless the person subscribes that the Government gave us our freedom...then they can and do take it away.