PDA

View Full Version : I went to Borders and saw Paul Books

0zzy
04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I went to Borders today looking through the political section and am happy to inform everyone that they had both Ron Paul Speaks and A Foreign Policy of Freedom in stock! I went there before but they never had that. Paul's new book will be there as well.

For those who don't know what Ron Paul Speaks (amazon (Ron Paul Speaks)) is, it is a collection of quotes with a forward by Ron Paul himself. It was also had a pretty design on the inside. I was tempted to buy it but I think I'll get it on Amazon instead.

http://ronpaulspeaks.com/

Oh, and there is a future biography coming out later this year by Christopher Horner (Author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming), Karen Kwiatkowski (Former USAF lieutenant colonel + worked with the Pentagon during corruption, she's also a lewrockwell contributor)

"Ron Paul: A Life" (USAF lieutenant colonel, who spent her final four and a half years in uniform working at the Pentagon)

0zzy
04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh, and I find it kinda funny they have it at 310 pages for his biography but the guy said he isn't even done with the first chapter.

Conza88
04-19-2008, 10:09 PM

0zzy
04-20-2008, 12:01 PM
bump. . .

amy31416
04-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I'll be going to the local bookstore on the 30th, which reminds me--I have to call them and make sure they'll be stocking it.

Also, there were some who were interested in donating the book to a library, I have a query in with the publisher to see if they make a library-binding edition. I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

rational thinker
04-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I kind of dislike the fact that someone who is a part of the Politically Incorrect Guide series is writing a book on Ron Paul. I can't stand that religious, pseudo science series.

nate895
04-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I kind of dislike the fact that someone who is a part of the Politically Incorrect Guide series is writing a book on Ron Paul. I can't stand that religious, pseudo science series.

If you have read "The P.I.G. to American History" and "The P.I.G. to Constitution," you would know they are written by RP supporters and are very favorable to his viewpoints, he is even quoted on the cover of the American History one.

yongrel
04-20-2008, 12:46 PM

The PIG books are hit-or-miss. The Guide to American History is actually very well done. Too bad they had to ruin a good series with the politically incorrect guides to Islam (full of bigotry), evolution (obviously written by the unevolved), and the Bible (pure madness).

Basically, they're books by Pat Buchanan supporters, for Pat Buchanan supporters. Ick.

0zzy
04-20-2008, 01:41 PM
The PIG books are hit-or-miss. The Guide to American History is actually very well done. Too bad they had to ruin a good series with the politically incorrect guides to Islam (full of bigotry), evolution (obviously written by the unevolved), and the Bible (pure madness).

Basically, they're books by Pat Buchanan supporters, for Pat Buchanan supporters. Ick.

I don't mind Pat Buchanan, I am reading his book now. But I would steer clear from most PIG books besides the Constitution, American History, and perhaps Capitalism.

The American History is written by Thomas Woods, supporter of Paul, Sabrin, and the Mises Institute. He is teaming up with the Constitution guy to make a book, too. (http://www.amazon.com/Who-Killed-Constitution-American-Liberty/dp/0307405753/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208720438&sr=1-5)

ThePieSwindler
04-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't mind Pat Buchanan, I am reading his book now. But I would steer clear from most PIG books besides the Constitution, American History, and perhaps Capitalism.

The American History is written by Thomas Woods, supporter of Paul, Sabrin, and the Mises Institute. He is teaming up with the Constitution guy to make a book, too. (http://www.amazon.com/Who-Killed-Constitution-American-Liberty/dp/0307405753/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208720438&sr=1-5)

Thats because thomas woods is actually a good historian, rather than a biased quack. He obviously has some biases, but he is a professionally trained historian and knows how to analyze history and draw conclusions.