PDA

View Full Version : Georgians, what happened?

Zera
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the success in my state wasn't as great as other states... But how were the congressional district conventions today? Remember... You don't have to pass any resolutions, just get yourself elected as state delegates!

wgadget
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Not much success from most of the districts that I've heard from. We were outnumbered, plain and simple.

Zera
04-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Did we still get delegates to the state convention? I believe that is more important than the resolutions at the county level.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 07:32 PM
The state convention will be next month. There should be plenty of us attending. I'm an alternate. But I've heard it's even more difficult to snag one of those positions, as they go to the party bigwigs. And there are only 30 positions.

Zera
04-19-2008, 07:36 PM
If Paul supporter presence is good enough... I'm sure you guys can become delegates. If you feel that you are truly outnumbered, seriously do your best to become national delegates. Don't come off as a Paul supporter if you know you're outnumbered, no matter what... Make sure the other Paul supporters do the same. That way, you won't need to vote for someone else at the RNC, just not vote at all until you are unbound!

Tangoland
04-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Our district convention sent 3 delegates to national yesterday and this is before the state convention which we are already elected to attend. At the last minute a committee was formed to interview likely candidates for convention and they were handpickped by the old established lifers.

We were able to nominate challengers on the floor, which we did. We were outnumbered 36 to 42 on two challengers and it was a TIE on the 3rd challenger 41 to 41 and the chairperson voted for the neocon sheep to break the tie.

Our candidates were interrogated during convention and some of the neocon grannys were outright witches for us not going along with McCainism. Had some of you RP supporters who didnt show up been there we WOULD HAVE DELEGATES!! BUT you didnt show up.

Hope this is a lesson for anyone else still in the process....# 1 MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO IS SHOW UP!!

MozoVote
04-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Wow. What a gut-wrenching result. We've had some close ones too in NC, such as in 6th district when a Paul delegate lost a caucus nomination on a tie vote.

freedom-maniac
04-20-2008, 05:48 AM
"We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again," Nathaniel Greene

Don't take it too hard. Just use this as a lesson. Good luck to you all.