PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is right...We MUST get involved.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
I saw the effects of this truth stronger than ever today at our district convention.

THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.

Period.

rancher89
04-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Details, I know you couldn't utube it, so it may never have happened, but details!!!!!

wgadget
04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Pasted from another thread:

Well, we had our district convention today down here in GA. And one thing is positively clear: If you want to win, you have to have your people actually turn out. It's a numbers game, plain and simple. There were 66 total in attendance, of which about 24 were RP supporters.

Although we nominated RP supporters for delegate and alternate positions, we were outnumbered every vote. Steamrolled. If we had it to do over again, I would encourage any nominee to get over their fear and use their two minutes to speak. Many of ours chose not to...not that it would have made much difference, being outnumbered from the start.

We did pass a resolution against the Real ID.

It is amazing to me the fact that some of the people that won delegate positions can barely get up out of their chair. Most are elderly and some downright sickly. One of our nominees stood up and said that he is against the Iraq war, which drew many apparent snickers...I was not impressed with their rudeness.

At the end of the convention, I introduced myself as a proud Ron Paul Republican and handed a Revolution book to an older woman who made national delegate, inscribed with "Fight for the Constitution!" She said her son is a Libertarian, and I made sure she understood that Ron Paul is a Republican. I hope she reads it.
Edit/Delete Message